High Dose Methylene Blue Experiment

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Nice. Used pure MB? What's your source? I've only been testing with oxidal for a while now - but isn't much of an experiment w/ the other ingredients.
Yes pure. I get mine here in SA. It surely does its job. :)

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
describe your experiences and benefits pls.

10mg is a huge dosage for 1 day, I think.

How much do you dose at once?
I experience better focus, creativity and more energy from that dose. I'll experiment with 1mg for a week and then 5mg and then 10mg to see if I feel a difference. 10mg really isn't a big dose. I've seen a study where they give people with schizophrenia 500mg. Another study used 100mg to enhance cognitive function.

Vinny

I experience better focus, creativity and more energy from that dose. I'll experiment with 1mg for a week and then 5mg and then 10mg to see if I feel a difference. 10mg really isn't a big dose. I've seen a study where they give people with schizophrenia 500mg. Another study used 100mg to enhance cognitive function.
Following

S-VV

Have you considered the selective MAO-A inhibition of methylene blue?

"[...] it is a potent tight binding MAO-A inhibitor at nanomolar concentrations: i.e., it is ~ 100 times more potent than moclobemide" (https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/BF03017212.pdf)

And moclobemide is dosed at 450mg/day, sometimes more, which would approximately be equal to 4.5mg of MB if the study is to be believed.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Have you considered the selective MAO-A inhibition of methylene blue?

"[...] it is a potent tight binding MAO-A inhibitor at nanomolar concentrations: i.e., it is ~ 100 times more potent than moclobemide" (https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/BF03017212.pdf)

And moclobemide is dosed at 450mg/day, sometimes more, which would approximately be equal to 4.5mg of MB if the study is to be believed.
Yes I'm aware of that. I don't experience any negatives from it.

I once had a terrible flu and cough months while taking MB. Careful with that

Yeah, I suspect that MB was involved with the flu I had, as well as a couple of very brief colds only lasting a night. They all seemed to occur after about two weeks of 5mg per day. There are usually other coincident factors like other supplements or stale food.

I've decided to do 1mg going forward.

rei

Methylene blue gives me really bad diarrhea for days and weird neuropathy like symptoms. Not for me

Anyone get diarrhea? I can't tolerate even in mcg doses. MB always gives me diarrhea.

After taking methylene blue and accidentally falling asleep with 200W of 660nm light blasting at my stomach (it is extremely calming, almost automatic meditation) i have waken up in the middle of the night with diarrhea. 15 minutes is the recommended amount of light therapy with considerably smaller intensity, so i'm not exactly surprised the combined effect is this.

If you get diarrhea from just methylene blue the reason is probably antimichrobial effect directly in intestines. And this is not necessarily bad, sometimes the best thing you can do is to clean out your digestive system.

Gone Peating

Yeah, I suspect that MB was involved with the flu I had, as well as a couple of very brief colds only lasting a night. They all seemed to occur after about two weeks of 5mg per day. There are usually other coincident factors like other supplements or stale food.

I've decided to do 1mg going forward.

High dose mb eliminated a bad cold I had last year

Inaut

I think MB is one of the few supplements I will take for the rest of my life :)

Inaut

I have some powder from sigma Aldrich. I just make my own. I wouldn’t bother with fish stuff as quality may be a concern. I know other people have used kordon with no issues though.

Vinny

vanessa77

I started a high dose methylene blue protocol about a week ago. I started with 10mg twice a day, then increased the dose by 10mg daily. I wanted to increase the dose until my urine turned green/blue. I hit 100mg dose on the fourth day and then my urine turned blue. So I decreased the dose to 30mg daily, at which I seem to maintain a slight green urine, indicating somewhat of a tissue saturation.

The first day I felt a bit of pressure in my head but nothing too serious. After that, I didn't experience it again. During this period I experienced an increase in energy as well as mood. The mood increase was akin to want to get out more, being more excited, wanting to explore nature, be outside and relax, which I'd say is more dopamine and GABA, compared to serotonin. It's not the same mood effect I get from Tribulus, which is more of a solid feeling, like less anxiety and more confidence. This type of feeling I didn't experience as much with the methylene blue. I also felt mentally shaper and could focus longer.

I started feeling leaner and more fit as well. We're currently treating/fixing my wife's osteoarthritis and the inflammation and water retention around her kneecaps and tailbone area reduced so significantly, she actually looks dry. She is also experiencing improved energy, mood and brain function and reduced overall swelling and joint pains.

Plus, the methylene blue hasn't reduced my vascularity or libido at all, but I'd say it's actually increased. My gut also looks more flat, especially the lower abdomen part.

I'm planning on keeping up with this protocol for some time to come, probably 1-2month more at a minimum, and possibly longer than that, so I'll keep this thread updated if anything changes.

I also ended up adding aspirin at 1g and caffeine at 600mg with my 30mg methylene blue in the morning, so this turned into an uncoupling experiment as well (I added the caffeine and aspirin after I experienced the benefits from methylene blue). I do notice an increase in temperature, but nothing too excessive. If anything, the methylene blue actually increased my heat tolerance, which is nice.

How is going with you wife water rintention?
I have the same problem in my legs,and around the knees.
how much she is take it? how many drops?
Best

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
How is going with you wife water rintention?
I have the same problem in my legs,and around the knees.
how much she is take it? how many drops?
Best
It's gone. She used 60mg daily for a while the dropped back to 10-20mg daily.
Water retention is a sign of estrogen dominance and progesterone can help with that.

vanessa77

It's gone. She used 60mg daily for a while the dropped back to 10-20mg daily.
Water retention is a sign of estrogen dominance and progesterone can help with that.

did you suggest progesterone pills?
how much time is it take for you wife to see results?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals