High Dose Methylene Blue Experiment

I use yo take just about 1 to 8 mg, when I toke a high dose ( > 30 mg) my urine kept blue for days, instead of hours

Hypothetically: on high dose mb, duration of blue urine is reflective of state of intestinal permeability. I have experienced various periods on the same large dose: where the duration was brief, and others where there was no blue urine at all, and others that took days to clear...

skibike

Im still confused why folks think even this dosage is considered high. Having just listened to Francisco Gonzalez-Lima, a Professor of Neuroscience and Pharmacology & Toxicology and its use for neuro-protection, even he says 1-4mg PER KG, is considered low dose.

Dr. Peat says up to 1 milligram a day is probably a safe amount, and that dosages of 60 micrograms are probably beneficial. Similar to how thyroid T3 works.

I think MB has different effects and profiles depending on dosages. I wouldn't take mega milligram doses chronically, but I might take 1/2 milligram.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
At 20-30mg daily my libido went away, but I had no problem with getting it up and maintaining it. I then cut back to 1-5mg daily and my libido came back. yesterday I bumped the dose back up to 30mg and then libido disappeared again. Today I took some vitamin B2 (which is a cofactor for MAO-A) with the methylene blue and libido is up again.

Makrosky

I then cut back to 1-5mg daily and my libido came back. yesterday I bumped the dose back up to 30mg and then libido disappeared again.
I understand you bumped the dose back to 30mg because although the libido came back you were not experiencing such good effects as with 30mg ? Or just because you wanted to stick with the original experiment idea?

Really interested on this experiment, thanks for keeping us posted!

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I understand you bumped the dose back to 30mg because although the libido came back you were not experiencing such good effects as with 30mg ? Or just because you wanted to stick with the original experiment idea?

Really interested on this experiment, thanks for keeping us posted!
No I definitely experience the same benefit with low dose as high dose. The reason I bumped it up was to see if it was the methylene blue that was reducing my libido or not. That's also why I added the b2 today.

Makrosky

No I definitely experience the same benefit with low dose as high dose. The reason I bumped it up was to see if it was the methylene blue that was reducing my libido or not. That's also why I added the b2 today.
Maybe once you are saturated with MB you can stay with the lower dose indefinitely without feeling bad effects. You will let us know how it goes :)

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Maybe once you are saturated with MB you can stay with the lower dose indefinitely without feeling bad effects. You will let us know how it goes :)
Maybe yes. If I stick to 5mg daily for a few days I don't get blue urine, but when I bump it back up to 30mg I get blue urine instantly, which must indicate my tissue is staying somewhat saturated so no loading phase required or anything.

vulture

Nice finding. So, getting B2 up with same 30 mg dosages keeps libido?
Are you willling to perform lab tests to asses hormone levels while on MB? I would love to look at Prolactin and T on it

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Nice finding. So, getting B2 up with same 30 mg dosages keeps libido?
Are you willling to perform lab tests to asses hormone levels while on MB? I would love to look at Prolactin and T on it
I plan on doing tests some time in the future, I have no idea how soon, and I might still be using methylene blue yes, but probably smaller doses. We'll see.

Inaut

I only take 1-1.5mg of MB when i take it but i notice a significant difference in erection size (not the positive difference either).... Still, i really like how i feel on it so i'll just try to take it on days when I'm not doing the dirty.... Anybody notice effects from mb on erections?

skibike

So on day 2 of 30mg and can’t say I feel any different myself. If anything maybe sleep isn’t as good but haven’t been on long enough to know a pattern. I kinda really question those folks on mcg dosages. I’ve never been one to really feel any benefit from most natural remedies, I think it’s the skeptic in me hence don’t think I ever suffer from a “placebo” effect. But everyone’s body is different.

Scenes

I only take 1-1.5mg of MB when i take it but i notice a significant difference in erection size (not the positive difference either).... Still, i really like how i feel on it so i'll just try to take it on days when I'm not doing the dirty.... Anybody notice effects from mb on erections?
Yep. Asked Haidut months back and he said add some preg or preg/dhea. Helped a bit, but then that comes with other issues too.

Used oxidal on and off several times, helps breathing and sleep for me, skin looks nicer, eyes clearer (lactic acid lowered). Definite and consistent negative impact on morning wood and erection quality though. Comes back fine but I’d love to know the cause and be able to fix it.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting update:

I was drink about 4L of milk for a while and I needed about 25 drops of methylene blue for my urine to turn blue. I dropped the milk and methylene blue for a while and then I decided to start methylene blue again at only 5mg. I am now only drinking between 0.5-1L of milk daily. I took the methylene blue on an empty stomach with a flat teaspoon of bicarb and I was very surprised when my urine turned blue.
This morning I took only 5mg and had some pizza and coke but no bicarb. Again very blue urine.

So my speculation is that I might be sensitive to the tryptophan in milk when I drink large amounts of it. Below 1L seems fine.
I also seem to need to make more CO2 because my CP isn't all that great and when I did some breathing exercises a while back my urine turned blue where it wasn't blue without the exercises.
That is why I took the bicarb to test this hypothesis. Seems like coke works even better.
I'm still planning on doing a very high vitamin B1 experiment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals