CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Ray Peat’s Methylene Blue Experience, And Optimal Dose Of Methylene Blue According To Ray Peat

Discussion in 'Methylene Blue' started by Logan-, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Logan-

Logan- Member

In John Barkhausen’s “Politics and Science podcast”, the topic was evolution. The recording is dated 2015.03.04.

At around 1:18:00, someone asks Ray about his methylene blue experience. He says he takes Methylene Blue transdermally. He also says that “quite a few people are having very powerful anti-depressant effects from it with just one miligram a day. I think it is going to be effective at doses analogous to thyroid hormone – 20, 30, 40 micrograms I think might be the optiomal dose of Methylene Blue”.

Just before that sentence, he says: “my approach to understanding new chemicals is to find what the smallest amount does and then work up in stages, and so far, I see it as a good anti-inflammatory.”

So he uses MB transdermally, and uses very small doses.

What do you think?

2. Andman

Andman Member

Thanks for the quotes, after a few unpleasant experiments i also keep the MB dosage very low

3. methylenwhite

methylenwhite Member

I've already asked in another MB tread about dilution of MB powder and got no answer. Will ask again here. I have MB powder and I need someone to verify my calculations.
    Every ml of water has 20 drops. I want 500 mcg of MB per drop. So it means I have to dilute 10.000 mcg in each ml. I have 30ml eye dropper flask. 300mg of MB powder per 30ml of water, right?

4. Steven Bussinger

Steven Bussinger Member

This doesn't answer your powder dilution request, however, it's good for posterity. Quoting from a review of the Kordon 2.3% product on Amazon:

5. methylenwhite

methylenwhite Member

Thanks. Ive made already two dilutions I believe they are 500mcg and 50mcg per drop. 50mcg once a day feels great, I can feel improvements and I crave more. Literally crave a couple of drops more.

6. Ignatius

Ignatius Member

I wonder could responding poorly to a 0.5 - 1mg dose of methylene blue be indicative of anything. Excess serotonin perhaps?

7. Rick_F

Rick_F Member

I think so. I've found small doses of Metergoline -a serotonin antagonist- will reduce the headaches I reliably get the next day from .5mg MB. I think this indicates serotonin is involved to some extent.

8. postman

postman Member

Yeah I remember it, he spoke about methylene blue on a radio show once and then people on forums and facebook groups started taking 100x the dose he suggested, getting the serotonin raising MAOI effect instead of the anti-inflammatory effect you want. And then the usual suspects started selling high dose methylene blue supplements.

9. James b

James b Member

Can you remember what KMUD radio show he spoke about it on, and can you recall what dosage he recommended? 0.5mg?

10. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I wish I could remember. I listen to so many.

11. jb116

jb116 Member

Check out the "Nitric Oxide" "Current Trends On Nitric Oxide" and "You are what you Eat" episodes