High Dose Methylene Blue Experiment

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I did the high dose, 30mg, for about 2 months and then reduced the dose to about 5mg for a while and then just quit. I didn't experience negatives, but also didn't feel much benefit either, maybe because I got used to the effect or my cells just improved greatly and didn't need that much methylene blue anymore.
Now I still take about 5mg every now and then but never consistently. I get blue urine from only 5mg, no buildup required, and I had to take 30mg at the beginning to get blue urine.

So that's definitely a great improvement. I'd say 2 months at high dose was enough for the cellular improvements for me.

vulture

I did the high dose, 30mg, for about 2 months and then reduced the dose to about 5mg for a while and then just quit. I didn't experience negatives, but also didn't feel much benefit either, maybe because I got used to the effect or my cells just improved greatly and didn't need that much methylene blue anymore.
Now I still take about 5mg every now and then but never consistently. I get blue urine from only 5mg, no buildup required, and I had to take 30mg at the beginning to get blue urine.

So that's definitely a great improvement. I'd say 2 months at high dose was enough for the cellular improvements for me.
Hans, any effects related to sexual function at any of the dosages?

milkboi

Hey Hans, anything you did to prevent oxidative damage due to MBs interaction with (red) light? Did you avoid sunlight?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey Hans, anything you did to prevent oxidative damage due to MBs interaction with (red) light? Did you avoid sunlight?
No I did not. I sunbathed and trained while taking the methylene blue. I'd say the increase in ROS by methylene blue is a positive thing as it'll kill unwanted things in the body.

timr

maybe listen to this to find out why dose is important (skip the long promo/ads at the start)

magnesiumania

Ive had great benefits with 400mcg doses taken 2~3 times/day but an hour ago i took 4 drops ~ 1600mcg and i dont feel much. Not iven an increase in serotonin. Is the maoi effect increased with dose? Im not sure if i shoukd ecperiment with 5mg, 30mg or stay on 400mcg. Any ideas or advice? Ive learned that mb potentially steal away electrons at higher doses, is this no concern with megadoses? Or does the super high doses also make sure to put them back in the ect?

Adrenaline

Anyone get diarrhea? I can't tolerate even in mcg doses. MB always gives me diarrhea.

Progesterone

Ive had great benefits with 400mcg doses taken 2~3 times/day but an hour ago i took 4 drops ~ 1600mcg and i dont feel much. Not iven an increase in serotonin. Is the maoi effect increased with dose? Im not sure if i shoukd ecperiment with 5mg, 30mg or stay on 400mcg. Any ideas or advice? Ive learned that mb potentially steal away electrons at higher doses, is this no concern with megadoses? Or does the super high doses also make sure to put them back in the ect?

It has hormetic dose response.. so I would not bother with higher dosages.

Stay on 400mcg every few hours, for total of 1-2mg a day.

vulture

Pulse has always been in the 80s and temps are above 37 degrees.
Hans, have you checked your blood pressure? Sorry if have been asked before.
Mine seemed a little high today, only thing I though was MB. I’m doing 10 to 20 mg for weeks.
Sadly, I have no previous reference right before MB because it never was a concern for me

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans, have you checked your blood pressure? Sorry if have been asked before.
Mine seemed a little high today, only thing I though was MB. I’m doing 10 to 20 mg for weeks.
Sadly, I have no previous reference right before MB because it never was a concern for me
I have not checked my blood pressure on MB but before that all was good.

Methylene blue can definitely increase energy production as well as the production of new mitochondria. MB also lowers lactate production and improves tissue oxygenation.

It also lower NO which could increase blood pressure. It could be a good experiment to do but just keep an eye on your blood pressure. Maybe start small and build up the dose if it doesn't negatively affect your blood pressure.

The drop in NO could also make you more susceptible to a respiratory infection.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
The drop in NO could also make you more susceptible to a respiratory infection.
Only if the drop in NO is severe. But methylene blue is also potent anti-viral, which will protect you against infections.

Waynish

Interesting update:

I was drink about 4L of milk for a while and I needed about 25 drops of methylene blue for my urine to turn blue. I dropped the milk and methylene blue for a while and then I decided to start methylene blue again at only 5mg. I am now only drinking between 0.5-1L of milk daily. I took the methylene blue on an empty stomach with a flat teaspoon of bicarb and I was very surprised when my urine turned blue.
This morning I took only 5mg and had some pizza and coke but no bicarb. Again very blue urine.

So my speculation is that I might be sensitive to the tryptophan in milk when I drink large amounts of it. Below 1L seems fine.
I also seem to need to make more CO2 because my CP isn't all that great and when I did some breathing exercises a while back my urine turned blue where it wasn't blue without the exercises.
That is why I took the bicarb to test this hypothesis. Seems like coke works even better.
I'm still planning on doing a very high vitamin B1 experiment.

Nice. Used pure MB? What's your source? I've only been testing with oxidal for a while now - but isn't much of an experiment w/ the other ingredients.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals