High Dopamine For Weight Loss

ddjd

I started peating about 4 years ago. I put on about 25 kilos within a year and my bodyshape completely changed. But I experienced a lot of positive psychological effects in terms of reduced depression, better mood etc.

Anyway, I've been hovering at 100 kilos for 3 years now. And never ever been able to get down by more than a kilo. I don't want to fast or do loads of cardio for obvious reasons of stress to the body.

I've started experimenting with high Dopamine supplements and already lost 5 kilos in 2 weeks!

So for people wanting to lose weight, try high Dopamine

Last edited:

aarfai

Good on you but I'm not sure this is sustainable in the long term. What high dopamine supplements are you taking?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Good on you but I'm not sure this is sustainable in the long term. What high dopamine supplements are you taking?
The ones that really seem to help are:

- b6 (regular pyridoxine hydrochloride)
- L-Phenylalanine
- Adamantane
- theanine
- phenibut
- PQQ
- metergoline
- methylene blue
- acetazolamide
- nicotine drops
- phosphatidylserine

Obviously that's not every day. I might take two a day and rotate accordingly every week

aarfai

- L-Phenylalanine
- Adamantane
- theanine
- phenibut
- PQQ
- metergoline
- methylene blue
- acetazolamide
- nicotine drops
- phosphatidylserine

Obviously that's not every day. I might take two a day and rotate accordingly every week
Testosterone and dopamine are closely connected in a bidirectional relationship, each to come extent regulating the other. I can see how boosting dopamine wisely would help. Keep it up brother!

lampofred

high dopamine (not stress-induced or stimulus-induced) is the literally the same thing as fast metabolism which is the long-term goal of everything Peat says. not sure if substances like phenibut are sustainable in the long-term. a good metabolism takes time to develop/a bad metabolism takes time to heal.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

high dopamine (not stress-induced or stimulus-induced) is the literally the same thing as fast metabolism which is the long-term goal of everything Peat says. not sure if substances like phenibut are sustainable in the long-term. a good metabolism takes time to develop/a bad metabolism takes time to heal.
Taking 500mg phenibut twice a week at the moment. Don't think it's that bad.

I just want to get down to 85 kilos. Seems far more effective than any other weightloss attempt I've made.

You're right about high Dopamine = fast metabolism. But in my experience a lot of peat things massively reduce Dopamine - saturated fat, high sugar intake, cyproheptadine etc. And I don't think people realise this when they start peating. If I'd of known how important Dopamine is for weight loss I think I could have avoided gaining so much weight

LCohen

Same here.

Using piribedil for a while, I didn't track my weight but I can easily say I'm losing weight. High dopamine suppresses my appetite, my stubborn belly fat getting less bloated day by day.

Broken man

I had same problem, I was 110 kg heavy and reduced it to 100 kg after 3 weeks. I am fasting 1 day per week, eating only when hungry, low fat intake from MCT oil and cocoa, threonine, coffee. Fasting is important because obese people have elevated BCAA levels.

Broken man

Is threonine good for Dopamine?
L-threonine is not increasing dopamine but its good for liver, protein balance, against methionine and arginine. Search for the "methionine restriction weight loss". Where are you fat the most? Which parts of your body?

RobertJM

I'm in the same boat. I weighed 80kg for pretty much my entire life from the age of 15 to about 34. At 34 I had been Peating for two years already, but my weight was still stable on 2-2500 calories per day (at 80kg). However, this last year (especially) I have put on 10kg. I am now 190ibs (14 stone). I've never been this heavy in my life. The other day I was stood on a toilet seat in trying to close the window, and the whole sear just cracked under my immense weight. I am very concerned about this weight gain, as I do have a bit of a belly, and I know that is basically an estrogen time bomb & I undoubtably have a systematic issue with estrogen. Don't get me wrong, I still have an anabolic body structure (the protein certainly does the job in that area), and I almost feel like a nightclub bouncer now. But the belly has to go. I am convinced that my weight (and growing belly) is playing a significant part in my far from ideal state of health (from what I perceive).

Doest the pro dopamine supplements just boost the metabolism and thus, boost appetite? I think the approach for me is to just ditch the supplements and to concentrate on calorie counting. I am convinced that going back to 2000-2500 calories per day will eventually take me back to where I was again. Yes the diet will be boring as hell (no more ice cream), but better health is what I want, so no point messing about here and lying to myself about how to do this. That's just what I've got planned anyway.

Last edited:

raypeatclips

- L-Phenylalanine
- Adamantane
- theanine
- phenibut
- PQQ
- metergoline
- methylene blue
- acetazolamide
- nicotine drops
- phosphatidylserine

What do you plan to do once you stop taking all these? Taking multiple pharmaceuticals together, mixing and matching, for long periods of time doesn't seem like a good idea.

LCohen

Not heard about this

It's a non-ergot safe dopamine agonist. Doesn't cause fibrosis in heart. Actually it has very weak antagonist effect on 5-HT2B like Lisuride.

It also reduces TSH levels. Not to mention it also inhibits prolactin too.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

L-threonine is not increasing dopamine but its good for liver, protein balance, against methionine and arginine. Search for the "methionine restriction weight loss". Where are you fat the most? Which parts of your body?
Definitely waist. Cortisol belly! Legs haven't got any fat at all. Really just my belly is very big.
I'll have to look into L-threonine, thanks for that

vulture

- L-Phenylalanine
- Adamantane
- theanine
- phenibut
- PQQ
- metergoline
- methylene blue
- acetazolamide
- nicotine drops
- phosphatidylserine

Nice.
I'm also trying to boost dopamine. Rat had felt great on lots of cocoa powder and coffee, I think it's dopamine or magnesium.
I'm gonna get B6, I've taken it in 200 mg dosage without trouble. I can also find metergoline but veterinary one (which shall be fine because I'm going to use it on my rat, ofcourse xD)
Would be useful if you have details on dosage and your subjective impressions on those substances.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

It's a non-ergot safe dopamine agonist. Doesn't cause fibrosis in heart. Actually it has very weak antagonist effect on 5-HT2B like Lisuride.

It also reduces TSH levels. Not to mention it also inhibits prolactin too.
Why isn't haidut selling it haha?? Where did you buy?

Hans

Forum Supporter

- L-Phenylalanine
- Adamantane
- theanine
- phenibut
- PQQ
- metergoline
- methylene blue
- acetazolamide
- nicotine drops
- phosphatidylserine

A lot of these supplements are also anti-cortisol, plus you say you don't have fat on legs, only on belly, which might be a sign of elevated cortisol. So suddenly lowering cortisol will help to stabilize blood sugar which will help your body burn fat stores instead of break down muscle, due to high cortisol.
So, the lowering of cortisol might also explain the drop in weight

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals