Help regarding man boobs and skinny fat body composition

Hofmann95

Hello,

I need some help please. I am trying to lose some weigth but I don´t see any progress regarding my body composistion.

I have "man boobs" and I am skinny fat. It doesn´t look too extreme because I am quiet tall. I am new to the Ray Peat world.

I am going too eat around 15-20% fat, 100g of protein and the rest of my daily caloric intake should be carbs

192cm

94kg

26yo

Would it be sufficient to eat 2500kcal? I think the caloric deficit should be fine ?

Would you have aquick look at my lab results too? Pregnenolone seems pretty low and cholesterol too.

My hormones could be better at all? And I have difficulties exercising because I am becoming tired easily.

Thank you

Attachments

• Scan 4. Mai 2021.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 124

reaching

Do 50 pushups everyday. Once that becomes easy, do 100. I think the most I have ever seen my chest grow was when I was consistently doing at least 100 pushups a day. If you are too sore, of course take a break but consistency is key. Ill start tonight. Let's check back in a month.

OP
H

Hofmann95

Thank you. I can do 10 push ups in row. How many minutes I can take to "regenerate" between the sets?
Do you have any ideas regarding my labs. I know it is in german but I think there is something wrong with my hormones.

Jessie

Those macros would be fine. I couldn't read all your bloodwork since it's a different language, but your serum calcium, phosphate, vit D, TSH, and CRP are all good. Your Homocysteine is elevated, which is troubling. Some B6 along with a higher gelatin intake should correct this. I agree with the other poster. Pushups are really a gold standard workout. No better way to correct your body composition than with daily pushups.

Hugh Johnson

You are a 26 year old who can't exercise, has manboobs and is skinnyfat. You need to fix your metabolism before worrying about body composition. Otherwise you are trying to ice scate uphill..

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello,

I need some help please. I am trying to lose some weigth but I don´t see any progress regarding my body composistion.

I have "man boobs" and I am skinny fat. It doesn´t look too extreme because I am quiet tall. I am new to the Ray Peat world.

I am going too eat around 15-20% fat, 100g of protein and the rest of my daily caloric intake should be carbs

192cm

94kg

26yo

Would it be sufficient to eat 2500kcal? I think the caloric deficit should be fine ?

Would you have aquick look at my lab results too? Pregnenolone seems pretty low and cholesterol too.

My hormones could be better at all? And I have difficulties exercising because I am becoming tired easily.

Thank you
Androgens (test and DHEA) and T3 too low. Cholesterol also too low.
Homocysteine and ferritin high. Prolactin was on the high side which is known to contribute to man boobs.

What's your diet like?

OP
H

Hofmann95

Thank you for your kind answers.

Diet has been very bad the past few years. A lot of PUFAs, meat and fast food. Now I am trying to reduce PUFAs but it is difficult for me. A typical day looks as follows

Breakfast: - Two slices of bread + salami
- butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Lattemacchiato
- Some OJ

Lunch: - Some ground meat
- rice, potatoes or pasta
or some convenience food

Dinner:- Two slices of bread + salami
-1 protein shake

Snacks: -sweets and a little bit of fruit

@Hans I found your blog a week ago. I am using your anti serotonin stack.

Do PUFAs elevate homocysteine and why is my ferrtin so hight. How to lower ferrtin. Shall I donate some blood?

Iceman2016

Thank you for your kind answers.

Diet has been very bad the past few years. A lot of PUFAs, meat and fast food. Now I am trying to reduce PUFAs but it is difficult for me. A typical day looks as follows

Breakfast: - Two slices of bread + salami
- butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Lattemacchiato
- Some OJ

Lunch: - Some ground meat
- rice, potatoes or pasta
or some convenience food

Dinner:- Two slices of bread + salami
-1 protein shake

Snacks: -sweets and a little bit of fruit

@Hans I found your blog a week ago. I am using your anti serotonin stack.

Do PUFAs elevate homocysteine and why is my ferrtin so hight. How to lower ferrtin. Shall I donate some blood?

You haven't specified the amount/quality of food you are having for lunch but my healthy, active 2 year old eats more than this every day. I don't understand how you are are maintaining yourself at your height with what appears to be so few calories.

You will definitely need to increase calories (carbs) to improve your thyroid function and increasing your cholesterol intake would probably be needed to improve androgen levels.

I think putting on more lean muscle mass should be more of a priority at your age and height. More muscle mass would be result in more of your fat stores being used for energy on an ongoing basis thus resulting in better body composition overall.

Michael Mohn

Gelatine/ Glycine should take care of the cystine. Fructose is the building block for endogenous cholesterol. Increasing fruit intake would help. I suspect that you undereat carbs. Starches could cause higher endotoxins maybe shift more to sugar/fruit. Throw some aspirin in the mix you might have some inflamation and your immune system seems suppressed . Pushups will if anything increase your chest muscles and worsen the optics of gyno. Dips and overhead presses are better.

Last edited:

Michael Mohn

Definitely get some pregnenolone. Eggs and liver are good for cholesterol, dairy for calcium.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hofmann95

Thank you. The supplements you mentioned are part of the anti serotonin stack.

Yes, my carb intake is too low and I am eating too many starches. I will definetly try to eat more fruits.

How much pregnenolone should I supplement? I have capsules which contain 50mg of pregnenolone.

Hello,

192cm

94kg

26yo

Thank you
You sound like my 25 year old son. He was having swollen breasts since being a vegetarian in high school. It is hormonal. My suggestion is to get grains gone for awhile and any fats that aren't grass fed. My son's finally cleared up getting the night junk food gone and fast food trips. No amount of exercise gets rid of skinny fat and man boobs.

Michael Mohn

How much pregnenolone should I supplement? I have capsules which contain 50mg of pregnenolone.
Just start with a dose. I prefer higher doses over 100mg twice weekly but others prefer regular daily doses. There's not much that can go wrong with pregnenolone. Either it helps or it won't.

Had a friend who was skinny fat with a very small chest, but also visible man boobs. He was quite a religious exerciser and far fitter than myself but his body composition never changed much..about a year ago he did one of those very limited T tests in the UK by Optimale and found he had really low testosterone. He's been on T since a little after that now a long with taking Tribulus and he is a beast now

Had a friend who was skinny fat with a very small chest, but also visible man boobs. He was quite a religious exerciser and far fitter than myself but his body composition never changed much..about a year ago he did one of those very limited T tests in the UK by Optimale and found he had really low testosterone. He's been on T since a little after that now a long with taking Tribulus and he is a beast now
Another testiment to how our powerful and life changing are diets are!

Not really...he's just treating the symptoms with an exogenous substance. Big pharma approves
Yes of course I get that, but foods causes these imbalances or foods can cure them. He took a short cut just like everybody on this forum taking thyroid, pregnenolone or progesterone.

stoic

Yes of course I get that, but foods causes these imbalances or foods can cure them. He took a short cut just like everybody on this forum taking thyroid, pregnenolone or progesterone.
Fair enough, though personally I think TRT should only be used as a last resort.
Low testosterone means you either have underlying issues that need to be uncovered, or you just need a radical change in your diet and lifestyle.

golder

Fair enough, though personally I think TRT should only be used as a last resort.
Low testosterone means you either have underlying issues that need to be uncovered, or you just need a radical change in your diet and lifestyle.
If it’s going to take years to rectify the hypogonadism, do you think it’s worth using TRT and potentially an AI in the background whilst you sort out the issues in order to have some kind of quality of life?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals