Hello!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It can happen.

Thats just a blood level, does not tell how much is stored in your tissues.

OP
G

Greta

XD I have too much T4 stored, I have been overmeditated more than once (also undermedicated)... We will see. At least as I have had a pulse around 50 my whole life, i don't think i'll get up to 100... Otherwise I see myself death. :shock:

tara

:welcome Greta

I don't have experience to add on supplementing thyroid in your situation, other than that your idea of changing over slowly sounds like a good plan, and being ready for the overheating Charlie describes.

There may be things you can do to ease the load on your liver, which might help it get more reliable at the T4 to T3 conversion. It sounds like this could be occasionally getting you when you are under higher stress.
I guess you've come across some of Peat's ideas on this by now - some of the key ones include:
- minimising PUFA consumption
- avoiding excessive consumtion of goitrogenic foods. I can't remember all of them, but raw cabbage is right up there. I think I've read a suggestion to keep a bit of raw cabbage juice ready if you are anticipating a temporary high T3 period, so you can bring it down a little if it gets out of hand.
- eating sufficient protein (80-100g for people in hypothyroid state)
- keeping a reliable supply of blood sugar - for some of us that means eating many small meals (or nutritious drinks) if our livers are not great at storing enough glycogen to get us through longer times at night and between meals
- checking that you are getting all you mineral and vitamin needs met, and preferably more calcium than phosphorus
- eating raw carrot or cooked bamboo shoots to help clear out estrogen that is excreted with bile before it can get reabsorbed from the gut

Getting regular sunshine can also be helpful in keeping energy levels up.

Some people find coffee or caffeine helpful, others don't (I don't seem to). I think Haidut has some posts about the effects, and I think one of them may be helping the liver convert T4 to T3.

Good luck :)

treeoflife

Oh my gosh am I glad to find this thread! I took my first dose of cynomel T3 yesterday about 11 am. Only 1/8. I probably should have taken even less. I felt wonderful! Full of energy! Then the nighttime came...ugh! About 4 pm complete hyper stress. I felt like the only thing that would fix it would be running ten miles at high speed to get all this out of my body. I slept maybe an hour. Could not even focus to relax. Is this the dump you are talking about???

I hope so. So what do I do now?? Keep taking T3 or take a break? I dont want another day or night like last night. But I still feel kind of hyper. Would taking another dose smooth it out or make it worse??

Thank you! Any thoughts or ideas appreciated!

would like to be more like this....
:raypeatcoffee

jwfrancis

Hello
Can someone please tell me where I can get ERFA thyroid by ERFA without a prescription?
Thanks

tara

treeoflife said:
post 109800 Oh my gosh am I glad to find this thread! I took my first dose of cynomel T3 yesterday about 11 am. Only 1/8. I probably should have taken even less. I felt wonderful! Full of energy! Then the nighttime came...ugh! About 4 pm complete hyper stress. I felt like the only thing that would fix it would be running ten miles at high speed to get all this out of my body. I slept maybe an hour. Could not even focus to relax. Is this the dump you are talking about???

I hope so. So what do I do now?? Keep taking T3 or take a break? I dont want another day or night like last night. But I still feel kind of hyper. Would taking another dose smooth it out or make it worse??

What basis do you have for taking it - dr or self-diagnosed as hypothyroid? Lab tests or signs and symptoms, eg body temps?
Are you trying T3 after a history of trying other thyroid supps? Or other tactics?
Do you have any T4 or T3+T4 that you are also using?
What is your diet like - what and how much are you eating? Thyroid supps can sometimes have different effects when under-noursished than when getting enough nutrition.

I don't have experience with T3-only meds - my thoughts come from reading Peat and here - others have more experience. If you have good reasons to supplement T3, I'd suggest trying a smaller dose. Is that 1/8 of 25mcg? If so, it's about 3mcg, which is about as much as a healthy body produces itself in an hour (3-4mcg). It has a short half-life, so it will only be active for a few hours, but it would be a significant increase over usual levels in the first hour or two. You could try breaking that 1/8th into 3 pieces. If it seems that this small does does you good without being extreme, you may be able to repeat that little dose every couple of hours through the day. It won't last through the night unless you wake up a lot for more doses. Some people use a T4 or combo dose at bed time, because T4 has a much longer half-life. I'd recommend monitoring body temps if you keep using the T3 until you can see how it affects you.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom