Hello All!

Gus

I thought it was time to actually write something and introduce myself, even though I joined a while ago.

I'm in my early twenties, and apart from my hair loss I actually feel that I'm in quite a good place today when it comes to my health. I have probably been undereating the last couple of years due to practicing intermittent fasting and eating relatively low-carb during that period.
I say relatively because I always ended up binging on junk food due to my insufficient food intake. While that gave me carbs it also came with a hefty dose of PUFAs among other things.
This is probably the big thing that started my hair loss. I've also been feeling quite lethargic overall for the last years.

Now I was introduced to Ray Peat through Danny Roddy some years ago and I've been to this forum once or twice before, but I never really followed any of his teachings until I started visiting this place regularly last summer.
Since then I've tried a couple of different things to improve my general health like red light therapy and eating a lot of dairy and juices with varying success, but even though there's been ups and downs I'm in a much better place today than I was in only six months ago.

While my hair loss hasn't improved, it hasn't progressed in any large extent since last summer, so I'm doing something right. The big thing is that I have much more energy nowadays. Now of course there are good and bad days, but overall my energy levels are much improved.
I believe eating sufficient carbs, but also getting more calories overall is the main thing that has helped. Still, my diet isn't perfect and I eat my fair share of bad foods, but gradually I'm changing it for the better.

I'm looking forward to sharing some thoughts and ideas I have with you people in the near future.

Peatful

Welcome @Gus

If you haven't visited raypeat dot com I highly recommend it!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals