New To Peat Have Been Low-carb

Sharbysyd

I just joined today although I discovered this forum months ago and was very impressed by some of the posts here. I'm here to learn as much as I can.

I've been low carbing for about 5 years. I had some weight loss and felt good at first when I was tracking my food but although I've been eating generally low carb (no grains or starchy items or sugar items) it just doesn't seem the same anymore.

I've tried SO many ways of eating over the years: Raw foods, vegetarian, vegan (briefly but it got me sick and depressed), fat flush, Suzanne Somers, Overeaters Anonymous group and plans, no flour/no sugar and so many more.

My main quest is health. When I first found out about Ray Peat way of eating, I immediately thought it was crazy but now I'm not so sure. After over 30 years of fatigue (which has improved) I just want to be healthy and sleep well. I notice that when I sleep enough, I feel great. One thing that has helped me immensely recently is the Adrenal Cocktail. I was very, very irritable from lack of sleep and the cocktail has helped me to be more peaceful and have more energy.

We started the raw carrot salad a few days ago and started drinking a little milk. I'm also trying to cut way back on PUFAs although I haven't used those types of oils in years but now I realize I have to get things like chicken and nuts out of my diet.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and possibly respond.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals