Hello

PTP

Hello All,

I thought I would introduce myself. I was somewhat active on peatarian.com towards the end of that websites existence and have migrated over here to get my fix of like-minded folk.

I suffered from some demoralising sexual problems at age 20, when I thought I was far too young to have issues that a few lucky guys go their whole lives without dealing with. My initial response was to train harder at martial arts, figuring it was a blood flow issue - that helped some but not enough. So after a couple of years of depression I decided I needed to sort the issue out at a deeper level. This led me into the world of meditation, yoga, and nutrition. Meditation was a big help. Nutrition was a disaster - I went paleo and have never felt worse in my life. I read that acupuncture could help with erectile difficulties and went to an acupuncturist. She measured my heart rate and told me that it was quite slow, and that could be part of the problem. I was shocked, my low heart-rate had also been a sign of my good health to me - something I had from being athletic. I went online to research correlations between higher heart-rates and health, and via this means I found the good Dr.. I switched my diet and felt my energy coming back. With time I even managed to be able to read Peat's articles and understand most of what he was saying. I realised that even though my life was fairly low-stress, my diet and lack of sunshine was putting unnecessary stress on my body I hadn't noticed.

I was also fascinated by the similarities between Ayurveda and Peatian nutrition - mainly an appreciation of dairy and fruit. If you are/were familiar with Pranarupa, I like to think of myself as the less intelligent, less well-read version of him - just because of my fascination with Peat's thoughts blending in the these ancient Eastern traditions.

Currently I am travelling in South America and working independently - my diet is absolutely horrible, my lifestyle is fairly stressful with many shared hostel rooms and constant travel, plus the food hasn't been that great, apart from the tropical fruits. Every supermarket I have gone into I have seen shelves upon shelves stacked high with margarine, and have had to search high and low for butter. But my problems are a long way behind me, and I know this is temporary. When I finish travelling I can get back to a serious diet - although not sure where. I would love to live in the Mediterranean, best food in the world in my opinion - though I've never been to Asia.

Despite this, I will never be able to follow this lifestyle 100%, so I chose PTP as an acronym for Part-Time Peatarian. Now you know my secrets, here are a few non-Peatian things I enjoy:

Pizza
Surfing
Swimming
Kettlebell Swings (Don't actually enjoy this much but it does wonders for the PC muscle and sexual issues)
Muscle Meats (trying to reduce)
Reading
Possibly Cold showers (again don't enjoy but does wonders for my immune system - plus wakes me up in the morning and makes a great combo with coffee after, think Peat is ok with some people having them also)

That's all for now, thanks for reading.

tara

:welcome PTP

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals