Saying Hello

BelovedGal

Hello all! I've been into natural health and healing for 16 years and I have read and kept many of Ray Peat's articles during this time. I came across this forum yesterday and it has renewed my interest in Peat's articles and information. I've been devouring everything I can from here, his main website and everywhere else I can find. GOOD STUFF!!

I will probably have a few questions along the way and I hope I can ask here. My many health issues as well as going through menopause have motivated me to find answers that work. I've tried progesterone creams, several brands, but have not noticed any major differences. The Progest-E looks very promising and I may have to give it a GO. Like most people, I get nowhere with doctors and their tests, so I'm pretty much on my own.

Anyhow, I look forward to chatting and hanging out with other like-minded people here!

Luann

Welcome. I haven't tried Haidut's supplements but hope they will help you, other members can give their experience also. Best of luck - and kudos for having read the Peat's articles!

Lilac

Hello and welcome! I am in your age range and have found so much help from the forum.

I use Progest-E in a variety of ways. Two doses a day, divided, seem to make me generally feel better. (This is subtle.) I also rub it onto wrinkle areas, and my skin has been looking very good. It can also spot-treat blemishes. I also rub it into painful areas. I have been dealing with an injury from winter snow shoveling, and it has been helpful. Also, a couple of times over the past few years, I have experienced the antitoxic effect Dr. Peat talks about. Example: For days, I was feeling poisoned after eating a certain type of chocolate. I took an extra dose of Progest-E in a bit of desperation and ten minutes later the sick-feeling was gone. (This has happened only twice for me. But it is remarkable.)

At this time, I am done with doctors. I fixed my hypothyroidism by myself with the help of Dr. Peat and the forum.

OP
BelovedGal

BelovedGal

Hello and welcome! I am in your age range and have found so much help from the forum.

I use Progest-E in a variety of ways. Two doses a day, divided, seem to make me generally feel better. (This is subtle.) I also rub it onto wrinkle areas, and my skin has been looking very good. It can also spot-treat blemishes. I also rub it into painful areas. I have been dealing with an injury from winter snow shoveling, and it has been helpful. Also, a couple of times over the past few years, I have experienced the antitoxic effect Dr. Peat talks about. Example: For days, I was feeling poisoned after eating a certain type of chocolate. I took an extra dose of Progest-E in a bit of desperation and ten minutes later the sick-feeling was gone. (This has happened only twice for me. But it is remarkable.)

At this time, I am done with doctors. I fixed my hypothyroidism by myself with the help of Dr. Peat and the forum.

Sounds like some powerful stuff! I *think* based on symptoms that I have hypothyroid, can't lose weight (yes, I've tried it all!), insomnia, depression, losing hair on my head, getting hair on my face, zits (facial hair and zits, who knew eh?), teeth falling out, gut issues, no appendix, no gallbladder ... yeah, I'm a real mess! :P

I wish that Project-E wasn't so expensive. I guess that little bottle is month's worth? Gotta try it anyway and hope it works!

L

lollipop

Sounds like some powerful stuff! I *think* based on symptoms that I have hypothyroid, can't lose weight (yes, I've tried it all!), insomnia, depression, losing hair on my head, getting hair on my face, zits (facial hair and zits, who knew eh?), teeth falling out, gut issues, no appendix, no gallbladder ... yeah, I'm a real mess! :p

I wish that Project-E wasn't so expensive. I guess that little bottle is month's worth? Gotta try it anyway and hope it works!
Welcome @BelovedGal :welcome

I also have found this forum to be a gold mine of information. Progest-e in my opinion is worth the price! Great stuff...

Lilac

[QUOTE=" I guess that little bottle is month's worth?[/QUOTE]

I don't use a bottle a month. For me, a bottle lasts two or three months, maybe longer.

My hair was shedding a few years ago. Even before I found Peat, I fixed that problem by following Dr. Cate Shanahan's advice--liver, meat on the bone, and bone broth. Getting the lost hair to regrow is another story. I'm not sure I have had any success there.

tara

Welcome BelovedGal
Depends how much you need.
It looks as though cycling it keeps it more effective. If you use a lot of it all the time, the liver gets more effective at eliminating it, and you might need more and more. Some people get noticable benefit from three small drops twice a day (about 10mg progesterone), and two weeks on two weeks off, or continuous. A bottle can last a few months like that. Or you can get through a bottle in a month or less easily if you use it more generously several times a day.

You've probably read about this already in Peat's articled, but if you haven't had a go at monitoring your body temps, I think that can be a valuable tool for assessing how your base metabolism is running, and whether the things you try are moving it in a helpful direction. How much you eat to maintain yourself can also give an indicator of base metabolism.

OP
BelovedGal

BelovedGal

Welcome BelovedGal

Depends how much you need.
It looks as though cycling it keeps it more effective. If you use a lot of it all the time, the liver gets more effective at eliminating it, and you might need more and more. Some people get noticable benefit from three small drops twice a day (about 10mg progesterone), and two weeks on two weeks off, or continuous. A bottle can last a few months like that. Or you can get through a bottle in a month or less easily if you use it more generously several times a day.

You've probably read about this already in Peat's articled, but if you haven't had a go at monitoring your body temps, I think that can be a valuable tool for assessing how your base metabolism is running, and whether the things you try are moving it in a helpful direction. How much you eat to maintain yourself can also give an indicator of base metabolism.

I suspect I'll need a lot being 66, 90lbs overfat, 17 years post menopause and overall health in the ditch, despite 17 years of trying to get healthy! :wtf:

But yes, I did the morning body temp years ago and was usually between 96-97F. Lately tho, I've noticed it's closer to 98 or higher but I credit that to take 12.5mg of Iodoral iodine for years now. :happy:

So I guess Progest-E is the best and closest product to Peat's formula that I can get? Can't hurt to try it and see how it goes!

artlange

But yes, I did the morning body temp years ago and was usually between 96-97F. Lately tho, I've noticed it's closer to 98 or higher but I credit that to take 12.5mg of Iodoral iodine for years now. :happy:
Ray has suggested that too much iodine shuts down the thyroid. 200ug/day is closer to optimal. sorry no link. Perhaps it was in one of his KMUD interviews. I use a fast acting Vicks for temp measurements. I calibrated it against a Geratherm and find Vicks reads 0.3F too high. So be careful when you make decisions based on temperature.

Lilac

*catatoxic

I wanted to write "catatoxic," so I googled the spelling, and "catatonic" was the only thing that came up. I should have checked Peat's article to verify rather than wimp out on "antitoxic." Thanks.

Is "catatoxic" such an obscure word that it doesn't come right up on a search?

OP
BelovedGal

BelovedGal

Ray has suggested that too much iodine shuts down the thyroid. 200ug/day is closer to optimal. sorry no link. Perhaps it was in one of his KMUD interviews. I use a fast acting Vicks for temp measurements. I calibrated it against a Geratherm and find Vicks reads 0.3F too high. So be careful when you make decisions based on temperature.

Yes I read some about Peat's view on iodine, but I doubt I will give that up.

DaveFoster

I wanted to write "catatoxic," so I googled the spelling, and "catatonic" was the only thing that came up. I should have checked Peat's article to verify rather than wimp out on "antitoxic." Thanks.

Is "catatoxic" such an obscure word that it doesn't come right up on a search?
I googled it and this came up:

"The catatoxic agents cause chemical changes (mainly through the production of destructive enzymes), which lead to an active attack upon the pathogen, usually by accelerating its metabolic degradation."

It's pretty obscure though, as it may be interpreted as almost a taboo, due to the medical doctors disdain for communities such as curezone and other alternative health groups would use it to justify heavy metal chelation, consumption of bentonite clay, activated charcoal and excessive enemas, etc.

Similarly, the word "toxin" is used very frequently outside the medical community, yet "endotoxin," despite appearing as a contributing factor in almost all diseases (as one of the primary drivers of inflammation) does not often appear. One needs only take a brief look at any given pathology, and "endotoxin" appears, often sooner rather than later.

Lilac

I googled it and this came up:....

I don't Google. I google, usually with Duckduckgo. So maybe the results are not as thorough.

"Toxic" and "detox" are definitely thrown around a lot. Thanks for the info.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom