Guggul

Greta

Hello,
Has someone who has taken Guggul experienced this?

I don't really know, if it's the Guggul, or maybe it's just that my body which is still adjusting to the new T4 dosage (April-May 50mg I had a temperature around 35ºC (95ºF)), after two lab tests, my actual dosage was upper (slowly) to 112mg, my temperature has been raising slowly, a week ago, it was between 36.2ºC (97,16ºF) and 36.4ºC (97.52ºC)(I stayed within those limits for a while though).
I know I've been taking Guggul for a very short time (4 days) but I'm really sensitive to meds and herbs. And today I did check it and it was 37.2ºC (98.96ºF)
Also, I should add that I tried months ago to take Guggul while I was hypothyroid, and I got really sick, but this time, I've been feeling better.

What are your thoughs? Does Guggul really works? Or maybe I just got a cold in summer?

Thanks a lot in advance, and I'm sorry for my poor English.

tara

I have not experience and little knowledge of guggul beyond a very brief google now.
What are you hoping to achieve - increase your body's production of T3?
It seems that guggul may also lower cholesterol. Do you know what your cholesterol levels are like - high or low?

Mittir

I tried kanchanara guggul (it is a mixture of guggul and other ayurvedic medicine)
4-5 years ago before peating. It caused gut irritation for me, so i had to stop.
If i remember correctly it increases thyroid function by increasing absorption of selenium and iodine.
Triphala and Trikatu in this preparation improves digestion and metabolism. I had used Triphala and Trikatu
separately with good results.

OP
G

Greta

My cholesterol is pretty high, 269 (150-200), but my HDL is the one who raises it 139 (>45), low LDL 91(90-130) and too low triglycerides 32 (50-200).
This was last time I checked, I have always had high cholesterol as I'm hypothyroid.
I take meds... So yes, I want to increase the T3 production as I'm on T4 therapy only at the moment.
I just check my temperature, because when I'm very hypo I suffer from hypothermia, and a lot of other symptons that aren't nice at all. And as I wrote down here, I guess I'm still undermedicated, as the last time that my dosage was raised my TSH was over 6 (being medicated) and my T4 was in the lower range, borderline low... Here they never check FT3 or rT3.

OP
G

Greta

Mittir said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97051/ I tried kanchanara guggul (it is a mixture of guggul and other ayurvedic medicine)
4-5 years ago before peating. It caused gut irritation for me, so i had to stop.
If i remember correctly it increases thyroid function by increasing absorption of selenium and iodine.
Triphala and Trikatu in this preparation improves digestion and metabolism. I had used Triphala and Trikatu
separately with good results.

I'm taking guggul only, the problem that I had was that it made the hypothyroid symptons even worse, I was having problems already and then I wasn't even able to watch a film. I started having migraines with aura, panic attacks, my speech was even more slurred, and a long etc that I prefer to not remember, gladly with the thyroid meds all those secondary illness that appeared after the dosage was lowered started to disappeared, as they came with a higher dosage.

Now I'm taking a very low dosage 25mg, slip during the day, I'm thinking about increasing it a little and see what happens. As since I started I have been feeling a little better, and I haven't received the T3 yet :(

Last edited by a moderator:

tomisonbottom

I'm taking guggul only, the problem that I had was that it made the hypothyroid symptons even worse, I was having problems already and then I wasn't even able to watch a film. I started having migraines with aura, panic attacks, my speech was even more slurred, and a long etc that I prefer to not remember, gladly with the thyroid meds all those secondary illness that appeared after the dosage was lowered started to disappeared, as they came with a higher dosage.

Now I'm taking a very low dosage 25mg, slip during the day, I'm thinking about increasing it a little and see what happens. As since I started I have been feeling a little better, and I haven't received the T3 yet :(

How are you coming along? Did the guggul help?

puella

Hello,
Has someone who has taken Guggul experienced this?

I don't really know, if it's the Guggul, or maybe it's just that my body which is still adjusting to the new T4 dosage (April-May 50mg I had a temperature around 35ºC (95ºF)), after two lab tests, my actual dosage was upper (slowly) to 112mg, my temperature has been raising slowly, a week ago, it was between 36.2ºC (97,16ºF) and 36.4ºC (97.52ºC)(I stayed within those limits for a while though).
I know I've been taking Guggul for a very short time (4 days) but I'm really sensitive to meds and herbs. And today I did check it and it was 37.2ºC (98.96ºF)
Also, I should add that I tried months ago to take Guggul while I was hypothyroid, and I got really sick, but this time, I've been feeling better.

What are your thoughs? Does Guggul really works? Or maybe I just got a cold in summer?

Thanks a lot in advance, and I'm sorry for my poor English.

I'm here with a similar story (although it applies to my husband). He has taken t3/t4 combo & just t3 over this past year & his facial definition around the neck drastically improved (diagnosed w/ goiter). However, his temperatures just haven't budged much over 96 degrees F. He's been tracking temps consistently the past 2 months. 2nd day after taking guggul lipid (Natrol, 1 pill 2xs daily) he hit 98! We thought it was a fluke but nothing else has been introduced or changed. We are now on day 3- he woke up a little over 97 (giant improvement compared to 95.something) and made it to 98.1 by late afternoon. I'm just shocked. This was a long shot attempt; and now that it appears to be working, I have no idea on how to proceed :)

I came here to see if anyone had any insights or resources on guggul? My short Internet search hasn't turned up much as far as guidelines & recommendations go. Big thanks!

FitnessMike

bump

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals