Zinc and Vitamin A

hardeep

i have been experimenting and have found when i have over 400g of lambs liver every 7-9days this prevents 95% of acne forming in my case however after this, it will pop up again and i will have really bad acne, why is this? anything below this 400g like 200g or 300g causes even worse acne.

and i have noticed users around this forum don't suggest 400g of liver for vitamin A as it is a lot and say it may be a problem like zinc. the average zinc i get daily is 20mg from mainly red meat, is that enough? i tried supplementing with zinc picolinate 50mg every 3 days but doesn't help much?

how much zinc should i be consuming weekly/daily? i would like to reduce my intake of liver but i need the vitamin A for acne and if i dont get it, all my acne comes back :( i really don't know what to do, especially since i have introduced milk and orange juice into my list of foods 2weeks ago the acne is worse when i don't eat liver after the 7-9days?

J

j.

Have you tried Vit. A supplements? They're often allergenic, so it's hard to find a good one.

Turkey liver is I think higher in vitamin A, if you can get it.

OP
H

hardeep

I tend to stick to whole foods where I can, just don't like taking too many supp's, I know some are essential but not all of them are.

I only have access to lamb,chicken and calves liver(very expensive)

J

j.

I do too, but with vitamin A I just can't get it enough to control dandruff and acne, especially in the summer when the sun increases vit A requirements, even eating liver every other day. I believe wrong things were done in the past and food can't fix me anymore, at least when it comes to vit. A.

OP
H

hardeep

how much vit A do you consume every day?

do you consume zinc as well, if so, by food or supplements, and how much daily/weekly?

J

j.

I haven't paid attention to zinc. I don't supplement, but I eat shrimp and chocolate.

Vit. A, typically 10,000 IU per day. During summer, maybe twice that on average from supplements, especially if I'm out a lot. Plus liver once or twice a week, eggs, milk, and butter.

I decide whether to continue or stop supplementing based on my scalp and whether my calluses become too orange.

The amount of liver you're consuming, 400 g., gives you about 100,000 IU per week.

OP
H

hardeep

without the 100,000IU my acne will slowly creep in and that is my indicator as well as dandruff on scalp, increasing carbs in the form of mainly rice helps but since adding in fructose in the form of OJ it has made it better aswell as my skin.

the only problem is i am having some trouble with gas with cow milk(pasturised but not homonogenised) and OJ(not pasturised), hopefully this goes as well as the few small pimples i got yesterday as i had it under control. have you experienced acne?

i have started meditating so hopefully that will help me de stress and help my breathing in the meanwhile. i did make a breathing bag using a plastic bag with a tube but don't know if its working? any tips to know how?

J

j.

Milk has vitamin A, but for people like us I don't think it's enough. 1 liter of whole milk has about 1500 IU.

Having a raw carrot on an empty stomach daily helped me when I was adjusting to milk.

For me, dandruff occurs before acne. If I don't stop the dandruff by taking vitamin A, then I get acne, but I usually take vitamin A before that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals