Miracle CO2 delivery concoction.

natedawggh

RECIPE:
To 3 tablespoons of hot water add 1 package gelatin until dissolved, add 1/2 cup orange juice and mix. Add carbonated water to top of cup. WARNING: carbonation will cause protein to foam, so pour slowly. This is where the magic takes place. Apparently gelatin has a great affinity for carbon dioxide, hence this strategy for CO2 delivery. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1206439

EXPLANATION:
I have been experimenting with ways to manually increase CO2 concentrations, especially since that's the ultimate point of Peating. I live at sea level, so even with Progesterone, thyroid, a Peat centric diet, and bag breathing it can prove to be very difficult. While many of my health problems have been alleviated by eating Peat, I sometimes find myself short of breath, with chilly extremities and poor circulation, especially at night. Bag breathing and consuming carbohydrates can fix this in the middle of the day (I have also used red light therapy with some success, but not permanent).

Using this concoction has a greater period of effectiveness than bag breathing, taking carbonated beverages or gelatin alone, instantly raising my temperature to the point of sweating, increasing circulation to my feet, relieving swelling, and giving me a clear, light headed feeling akin to breathing CO2 from a bag. Right now my feet are very happy.

Mittir

I have been making coca-cola jello, 20 grams of gelatine dissolved in small
amount of water and adding a cup of cola and some sugar syrup.
It is super tasty. It took some time to figure out the consistency.
I have also noticed i digest it better when consistency
is bit runny rather than too hard like gummy candy. I feel warm whenever i eat
gelatine with sugar, apple juice jello or lemon juice jello. Do you think the
warmth you are feeling is from gelatine and sugar or CO2?

Carbon dioxide naturally adsorbs on amino-acids, this is great. Perhaps it is a good way to deliver it to ulcers or inflamed intestines.

Kenobi

Why not simply mix some baking soda with gelatin and allow the amino acids to react with the sodium bicarbonate, producing CO2 gas? I mixed baking soda with gelatin and orange juice for taste. If the amount of CO2 that's formed is insufficient, you could mix lemon juice in, then baking soda. Lemon juice is acidic, yet alkaline to the body, great for retaining the CO2 in the body like baking soda.

Brian

When I was drinking homemade kefir, fermented for two-days, I remember feeling really warm and relaxed. I kept the jars sealed, so maybe a lot of the CO2 was being adsorbed by the casein. I loved the taste, but maybe this is a more reliable way. Thanks for sharing the idea!

natedawggh said:
RECIPE:
To 3 tablespoons of hot water add 1 package gelatin until dissolved, add 1/2 cup orange juice and mix. Add carbonated water to top of cup. WARNING: carbonation will cause protein to foam, so pour slowly. This is where the magic takes place. Apparently gelatin has a great affinity for carbon dioxide, hence this strategy for CO2 delivery. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1206439

EXPLANATION:
I have been experimenting with ways to manually increase CO2 concentrations, especially since that's the ultimate point of Peating. I live at sea level, so even with Progesterone, thyroid, a Peat centric diet, and bag breathing it can prove to be very difficult. While many of my health problems have been alleviated by eating Peat, I sometimes find myself short of breath, with chilly extremities and poor circulation, especially at night. Bag breathing and consuming carbohydrates can fix this in the middle of the day (I have also used red light therapy with some success, but not permanent).

Using this concoction has a greater period of effectiveness than bag breathing, taking carbonated beverages or gelatin alone, instantly raising my temperature to the point of sweating, increasing circulation to my feet, relieving swelling, and giving me a clear, light headed feeling akin to breathing CO2 from a bag. Right now my feet are very happy.
Hi N! The issue with CO2 done this way is that only a very small amount is soluble in water (.03mol/L). The gelatin does not increase the solubility (according the research I've seen), but gelatin is likely to allow the CO2 to be absorbed in the intestine, and possibly pass through the stomach, rather than be released as gas.

To increase your dose of CO2 substantially, the only practical way to do that is to breathe it, using the carbon dioxide therapy that was developed in the 1940s -- and later suppressed because, Peat thinks, it was known to be safe and effective, and inexpensive.

If the small amount of CO2 in the gelatin is already helping you, you may have an idea of what to expect when you dose CO2 steadily by breathing it throughout the day and night.

As you've said, the other diet based solutions, whose goal is to increase CO2, may all fail to increase CO2 because intestinal inflammation, accumulated unsaturated fat and lactic acid may be too high. But carbon dioxide therapy works effectively as soon as you start it.

I don't know how much that is but I challenge you to breathe from a coke bottle without getting burned!

Kenobi

You guys are gonna regret trying to make more CO2, consume more CO2, whatever. Stop breathing today, and help fight global warming. :D

Such_Saturation said:
I don't know how much that is but I challenge you to breathe from a coke bottle without getting burned!
I think estimates are about 2.2 grams of CO2 in a 12 ounce can of coke. Yes, I think drinking CO2 is great, but you'd need to drink about 20 cans of coke to get one mole of CO2 (44 grams), assuming you could somehow absorb it.

Consider that you may exhale about 44 grams of CO2 per hour, if you are healthy, and if unhealthy you may exhale half that much, or 22 grams*, and you begin to see the scope of the problem. You've got to increase your generation of CO2 somehow (without increasing lactic acid), and if you could absorb the CO2 from 10 cans of coke every hour, you could (in theory) have enough CO2 to be healthy. For me, it's a lot more practical to do that with carbon dioxide therapy.

(Disclosure: I am working on a way of super-saturating gelatin with CO2, but it's not working yet.)

University-trained scientists will argue with Peat's idea that CO2 levels (in a ratio to lactic acid) are what determine health, but that's something I take for granted. Because I think the physical description (by Ling), the clinical practice (by Henderson), and the biophysical description (by Peat) are well-established.

*"half that much, or 22 grams" assuming the same respiratory volume. In fact, unhealthy people have a much higher respiratory volume, because of hyperventilating.

visionofstrength said:
Such_Saturation said:
I think estimates are about 2.2 grams of CO2 in a 12 ounce can of coke. Yes, I think drinking CO2 is great, but you'd need to drink about 20 cans of coke to get one mole of CO2 (44 grams), assuming you could somehow absorb it.

Consider that you may exhale about 44 grams of CO2 per hour, if you are healthy, and if unhealthy you may exhale half that much, or 22 grams*, and you begin to see the scope of the problem. You've got to increase your generation of CO2 somehow (without increasing lactic acid), and if you could absorb the CO2 from 10 cans of coke every hour, you could (in theory) have enough CO2 to be healthy. For me, it's a lot more practical to do that with carbon dioxide therapy.

(Disclosure: I am working on a way of super-saturating gelatin with CO2, but it's not working yet.)

University-trained scientists will argue with Peat's idea that CO2 levels (in a ratio to lactic acid) are what determine health, but that's something I take for granted. Because I think the physical description (by Ling), the clinical practice (by Henderson), and the orthomolecular description (by Peat) are well-established.

*"half that much, or 22 grams" assuming the same respiratory volume. In fact, unhealthy people have much a higher respiratory volume, because of hyperventilating.

I burp it up then inhale it :cool:

Memma

This is a great post. Will any brand gelatin work or would you recommend a particular brand? Specifically, will this work with e Knox brand gelatin?

G

gummybear

natedawggh said:
RECIPE:

EXPLANATION:

How much is one packet of gelatin? I buy my gelatin in big bags.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Mittir said:
I have been making coca-cola jello, 20 grams of gelatine dissolved in small
amount of water and adding a cup of cola and some sugar syrup.
It is super tasty. It took some time to figure out the consistency.
I have also noticed i digest it better when consistency
is bit runny rather than too hard like gummy candy. I feel warm whenever i eat
gelatine with sugar, apple juice jello or lemon juice jello. Do you think the
warmth you are feeling is from gelatine and sugar or CO2?

The warmth from this is definitely at least a half degree warmer, up to a full degree more than if I have gelatin and sugar without CO2, and the effect also lasts longer. Since doing this I have also been waking up with a temperature of 98.1 and 98.2 instead of 97.8 or 97.7, when the only thing I changed was doing this gelatin/co2 stuff.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

gummybear said:
How much is one packet of gelatin? I buy my gelatin in big bags.

8 grams of gelatin per packet. I use Knox brand Gelatine and it is definitely a good brand.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

visionofstrength said:
Hi N! The issue with CO2 done this way is that only a very small amount is soluble in water (.03mol/L). The gelatin does not increase the solubility (according the research I've seen), but gelatin is likely to allow the CO2 to be absorbed in the intestine, and possibly pass through the stomach, rather than be released as gas.

To increase your dose of CO2 substantially, the only practical way to do that is to breathe it, using the carbon dioxide therapy that was developed in the 1940s -- and later suppressed because, Peat thinks, it was known to be safe and effective, and inexpensive.

If the small amount of CO2 in the gelatin is already helping you, you may have an idea of what to expect when you dose CO2 steadily by breathing it throughout the day and night.

As you've said, the other diet based solutions, whose goal is to increase CO2, may all fail to increase CO2 because intestinal inflammation, accumulated unsaturated fat and lactic acid may be too high. But carbon dioxide therapy works effectively as soon as you start it.

I've done the CO2 breathing, which is definitely more powerful and immediate than this, but the effect wears off very, very quickly (usually within 20 minutes for me) unless the CO2 delivery to the lungs is sustained somehow with a regulator. Since I and most people probably don't have a regulator and tanks, taking CO2 into the lungs for therapy is impractical. The benefit of this gelatin method is that the digestion of the CO2 makes it a sustained application, easily, cheaply and effectively. If you also read that study in my original post, it doesn't state that gelatin has any effect on the solubility of CO2 in the water, but that CO2 is soluble in protein itself, which has less to do with the water (in fact the study says the drier the protein, the more CO2 it absorbed). There is definitely a reaction in the water between the CO2 and the gelatin, and this has a demonstrably greater effect and duration than taking either separately, which is of benefit whether or not the solubility in water is increased.

natedawggh said:
I've done the CO2 breathing, which is definitely more powerful and immediate than this, but the effect wears off very, very quickly (usually within 20 minutes for me) unless the CO2 delivery to the lungs is sustained somehow with a regulator. Since I and most people probably don't have a regulator and tanks, taking CO2 into the lungs for therapy is impractical.
Depending on where you live, it's actually easy to obtain a tank and a regulator. I can send you the links if you PM me. Getting the tank filled may not be hard, either, if there is a carbonics or paintball supplier near you.

natedawggh said:
The benefit of this gelatin method is that the digestion of the CO2 makes it a sustained application, easily, cheaply and effectively. If you also read that study in my original post, it doesn't state that gelatin has any effect on the solubility of CO2 in the water, but that CO2 is soluble in protein itself, which has less to do with the water (in fact the study says the drier the protein, the more CO2 it absorbed). There is definitely a reaction in the water between the CO2 and the gelatin, and this has a demonstrably greater effect and duration than taking either separately, which is of benefit whether or not the solubility in water is increased.
Right, I think I understand what you're saying. The issue for me has been that the limit of the CO2 that can be adsorbed into the protein is the amount of CO2 that is dissolved into the carbonated water.

So for example, in a 12 ounce can or bottle of carbonated water there would be typically only about 2.2 grams of CO2 in the carbonated water. Let's assume all of that CO2 in the carbonated water is adsorbed into the protein (even though probably substantially less is adsorbed). Even so, that's not enough CO2 to make any practical difference to the long-term level of CO2 in your blood, compared to the 22 grams (per hour) of CO2 you may need to simulate the benefit of high elevation (9,000 feet).

In other words, if you feel that the CO2 from bag breathing wears off quickly (and my CO2 sensor measurements agree with you), then the CO2 adsorbed into the gelatin will also wear off very quickly, relative to the 22 grams you may need to raise your metabolism (i.e., increase the CO2 level in your blood).

I'm trying to develop a way to let the protein adsorb more CO2, but carbonated water won't do the trick. There's not enough CO2 in carbonated water. That said, all CO2 is good, so adsorbing into gelatin is a good thing. When I was a kid, sometimes we would have a fizzy Jello, made with carbonated water, and it was quite good!

My father has this obstructive, chronically awakening snoring. What are the options besides acetazolamide, and what are the best things to say to have it prescribed?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:
My father has this obstructive, chronically awakening snoring. What are the options besides acetazolamide, and what are the best things to say to have it prescribed?
Mittir posted about a friend or relative being cured of sleep apnea by simply bag breathing.