Hello from Cape Town

G

Gray Ling

Hello everybody.
Okay I'm going to briefly show you how I ended up at this domain and how my thinking has changed.
First I saw an episode of Dr. Oz on the Thyroid dysfunction which got me thinking about hormones and the endocrine system. So a few weeks later (about 4 months ago) I came across this website (http://www.greekmedicine.net/physiology ... ystem.html) and was struck by the picture of the endocrine system as a withering desert flower. BTW This was not unlike image I got on the track 'Celebration of the Lizard' from the 1960s album Waiting For the Sun by The Doors. Anyway I finally came to understand the basics of the thyroid function through Dr. John Bergman -his YouTube video 'How to Heal your Thyroid and Adrenals' was good info and 'Ray Peat' was mentioned in Bergman's video. I thought Bergman intimated Ray was his idol so I looked him up and now 3days later I am here!

Although Ray Peat is great I've already told my girlfriend not to fall in love with him. She has this book titled 'Blake Complete Writings' ed.Geoffrey Keynes so now she's basically jumping on the bed and begging me to go out and buy her coffee so she can read all his articles on his website when she wakes up in the morning. god damn!

Anyway this kind of perspective is liberating. History is awesome!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Welcome to the forum Gray Ling. I'm glad to hear your girlfriend is interested in learning about Peat too. :welcome

Lilac

Although Ray Peat is great I've already told my girlfriend not to fall in love with him.

Funny!

Good luck on your journey—to both of you.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Gray Ling said:
post 118111 Although Ray Peat is great I've already told my girlfriend not to fall in love with him.
It's hard not to love Ray. :D

Your intro reminded me of this quote:
Broda O. Barnes said:
"Health begins and ends with the proper balance of the endocrine system"

:welcome2 and see you around the forum. :hattip

Last edited:

tara

Welcome Gray Ling :)

OP
G

Gray Ling

Thnks Tera, Charlie, Lilac & Blossom. Glad to be here.

sladerunner69

Hello! Make sure to take all the new protocols slow.... it can take time for your body to adjust and adapt to most of these recommendations!

OP
G

Gray Ling

Okay sladerunner69. I wont rush it. Where I come from ppl are slow to change their ways. Makes for a very boring life too.

tara

Hello! Make sure to take all the new protocols slow.... it can take time for your body to adjust and adapt to most of these recommendations!
:1

OP
G

Gray Ling

I'm onto cleansing now too. I have been convinced by my mate that the food I ate in the last 10 +yrs has left all its poisons behind in my cells. I could'nt argue with her so I'm giving diatomaceous earth a try. It's going great actually.

tara

I'm onto cleansing now too. I have been convinced by my mate that the food I ate in the last 10 +yrs has left all its poisons behind in my cells. I could'nt argue with her so I'm giving diatomaceous earth a try. It's going great actually.

I think some of Peat's approaches to 'cleansing' would include:
- Minimise the ingestion of toxins, eg PUFA, phyto- and xeno-estrogens, toxic heavy metals (including excessive iron), etc.
- Raw carrot salad daily between meals to help remove excess endotoxin and estrogen from the gut. For more urgent situations, there may be a case for activated charcoal, but there is a potential risk of persorption from small particle size. I expect it would be safer than DE, and there are reports around of AC being effective for detoxification of some organic compounds.
- Support the gut's function by avoiding foods that particularly irritate it, if the microflora have a poor balance then use tactics to keep it from getting out of hand, and keeping it moving to reduce opportunity for endotoxin absorption. Avoid carrageenan and other substances that have been shown to damage the gut barrier.
- Support the endogenous detoxification systems by providing good nutrition and supporting general metabolism.

I'd recommend reading/listening to some of Peat's articles or interviews, if you haven't already. :)

I think diatomaceous earth can be quite tough on the digestive tract. It apparently kills parasites by cutting and dessication, and I think it may do similar harm to gut lining. Since a severe case of parasites can do a lot of harm in themselves, the trade-off may sometimes be worth it (though there may be gentler methods), but otherwise I think it risks doing more harm than good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom