Heartbroken - Dr. Peat has passed

Sunny Jack

@OliviaD
What kind of people? Really old people. That's life. I haven't read the rest of the discussion in this thread, but I can see how being involved in a documentary at a very old age and having that knowledge that your perspective about your life work has been recorded would be a sense of end point, and these people may relax and let go afterward. Not's Ray's issue, but some of the others interviewed.

I agree, that's the white elephant in the room, isn't it? If you interview a cohort of really old people, it is not such a surprising thing that they should all die within 7 years of the filming taking place. I don't see any evidence of a conspiracy here, or even much of a motive for one. The majority of the interviewees weren't very well-known, except perhaps for Peat.

I don't know, maybe Abrahams and Stewart are some kind of latter-day Typhoid Marys, but in that case we should be directing our concern towards them, and perhaps warning Danny Roddy to be vigilant about any symptoms too.

Advocate2021

I am copying the below from another thread where i just posted but thought it belonged here as well as a tribute to Dr. Peat.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“The recent report that the incidence of breast cancer in the United States fell drastically between 2002 and 2004, following the great decline in estrogen sales, shows the magnitude of the injury and death caused by the falsifications of the estrogen industry--a matter of millions of unnecessary deaths, just in the years that I have been working on the estrogen issue. The current campaign against progesterone can be expected to cause many unnecessary cancer deaths (e.g., Plu-Bureau, et al., Mauvais-Jarvis, et al.), while distracting the public from the culpability of the estrogen industry.” -Ray Peat
Boy does this one touch a nerve. I was put on estrogen from 1988 up to 1999 I believe- trying to remember now if it was 1998 or 1999 when i found From Pms to Menopause in an NYC health food store and Dr. Peat. I was so dysfunctional, those years are a blur now. Right before, I recall had consulted a holistic NYC OBGYN whose face was almost in tears when he examined my breasts knowing my age - and at that time i probably looked about 16. He said breast cancer was around the corner for me at 28! So I was right at the height of the estrogen deaths prior to the decline in sales. Chilling - i would not be writing this post right now if i had not found that book on the exact night that i did. Makes me tear up thinking about it in conjunction with Dr. Peat's passing. he has been the foremost mentor and influence of my entire life beginning with me even being alive and now being able to do the work against the very medical and Big Pharma/Big Govt/Big fraud and authoritarianism that almost killed me. Feels so fated and part of a Divine Order I am going after those nemesis with a vengeance now , much of it in tribute to beloved Dr. Peat. I feel his presence continuously and know that he is right there with me in this.

teslabox

What kind of people? Really old people. That's life. I haven't read the rest of the discussion in this thread, but I can see how being involved in a documentary at a very old age and having that knowledge that your perspective about your life work has been recorded would be a sense of end point, and these people may relax and let go afterward. Not's Ray's issue, but some of the others interviewed.

Nicely said. "My work here is done" is a cliché that means I have accomplished what I set out to do.

I think the various scientists' involvement with the On the Back of a Tiger was assurance that what they'd figured out was not going to be forgotten. It was probably the same for Dr. Peat: the most important aspects of his insights into the human condition had been shared widely enough that his legacy was established.

People seem to have expiration dates, that are more than just related to their personal biochemistry. I'm sure Dr. Peat's email load was growing steadily. It was never going to stop. He didn't care for notoriety. What was he supposed to do with all the emails? It was going to be the same questions over and over again, until he couldn't keep up.

My first inquiry to Dr. Peat was via USPS to his PO box (probably in 2011): "Where do I find the progesterone supplement?". He emailed me back. I emailed Dr. Peat a few times. I tried to ask questions that were clarifications, and hadn't obviously been answered somewhere else. First was carbogen vs. leaf bag carbon dioxide. Naltrexone vs. Naloxone. The mechanism behind tylenol poisoning. I also called the Herb Doctors a few times.

There was one question he didn't respond to. I didn't take it personally.

ExperimentV

I can’t express enough gratitude towards to philantropist Dr.Raymond Peat, the amount of work, time, dedication he put into helping others without expecting anyone to praise him for it is truly asonishing and admirable. May his legacy continue to live on with and through us, so that his kindness and the bright light he shined on us will never be forgotten.
As a silent witness for over 6 years after discovering him, I must thank our community aswell since your questions made me realize how much we all have in common, I got answers to questions I never had to ask.

Rest In Peace to the only person I shed tears for, that I have never met but felt so strongly connected to.

J.R.K

I can’t express enough gratitude towards to philantropist Dr.Raymond Peat, the amount of work, time, dedication he put into helping others without expecting anyone to praise him for it is truly asonishing and admirable. May his legacy continue to live on with and through us, so that his kindness and the bright light he shined on us will never be forgotten.
As a silent witness for over 6 years after discovering him, I must thank our community aswell since your questions made me realize how much we all have in common, I got answers to questions I never had to ask.

Rest In Peace to the only person I shed tears for, that I have never met but felt so strongly connected to.
+1

Lollipop2

I've been speechless since the announcement four days ago...

But yesterday, I was spending time with my 4 year old daughter and her cousin, and she spoke, with a very peculiar kind of speech, almost stuttering voice, which sounded exactly like Ray Peat. She told her cousin that his peanut butter sandwich was bird food, and that she preferred liver, oranges, and chocolate. Since then I feel reassured, and I know part of our lives can be a continuation of his work. :)
This is amazing!! Thank you for sharing. This has been in my mind to say to all of the parents on the RPF to pleeeeaaase teach your children Ray’s ideas. We need the babies and preschoolers to start learning so his wisdom can truly be passed on.

cdg

My tribute to Ray Peat

I am not sure how to begin but, like most, the passing of Ray came as real surprise. I have not been able get him out my mind since his passing. To me, and I suspect to many, he brought some sanity into a totally corrupt system that we call civilization. He was always there to help no matter what!

Both me and my wife literally owe him our lives and I suspect many could say the same.

In 2017 I had a heart attack, in desperation I consulted Ray who helped me keep away from the medical Mafia and brought me back to health. I have attached the recording for all to listen and hopefully help others in the same situation. Sorry for the poor recording.

To me he was and still is a beacon of light. He will always be with us through his copious interviews and writings which, he gave so freely.

Last, but not leased, there was and still is so much to learn from this giant teacher. A true humanitarian!

I will be eternally remain grateful for coming across this brilliant man and his precious work now and forever.

Words are not enough to express my gratitude.

May he remain loved and rest in paradise, he will definitely be missed!

Love,

Chris

Attachments

• Ray Consult 20170819xx.mp3
    5.4 MB

daphne134

No. From listening to the memorial I got the impression from Trebbie's call that they were deeply in love to the very end.
Huh. That is not the impression I have about their relationship. You might know more about their personal lives than I do ... I'm just not getting a deeply loving relationship vibe in the way the death was handled. Trebbie's call, while generally sweet, didn't change that vibe for me. I feel like his partner didn't know/understand really who he was. If it's wrong of me to be saying this please let me know.

OliviaD

Hate to be that person, but does anyone know if Ray got the covid vaccine and if he recently got a booster?

Doug Brignole died about a month ago. He was in supreme shape (won Mr. Universe at like age 60). The coroner ruled he died of a covid infection, but that made zero sense given there were video condolences from shocked friends who talked about talking to him just the day before and making plans. Brignole did apparently get a booster not long before his death.

I've heard of no one who felt perfectly fine one day and then died of a covid infection the very next day.

A prominent MD friend of mine said the coroner probably found spike proteins created by the vax, but that the coroner likely claimed the spike proteins were from an infection.

What I'm getting at is if Peat died of a heart attack, then we should also ask, did he recently get a booster?

I'm sorry, but as a society we need to know WTF is happening. Overall excess mortality is high. People are dying, and the media is making crap up like sudden adult death syndrome.

Anyway, I'm scared for humanity. Sorry for the rant.
Oh my... apparently you aren't familiar with Dr. Peat's philosophy, nor have listened to his many interviews since the scamdemic began. He advised avoided the injected for about a month after their shots, so would never have those syringes anywhere near his body :)

daphne134

David Getoff died of leukemia at 70, recently. Got most things right but was way into fish oil? I think it's ok to be curious about these things even if it feels a bit heartless. How can we advance if we don't consider outcomes?

NathanK

My tribute to Ray Peat

I am not sure how to begin but, like most, the passing of Ray came as real surprise. I have not been able get him out my mind since his passing. To me, and I suspect to many, he brought some sanity into a totally corrupt system that we call civilization. He was always there to help no matter what!

Both me and my wife literally owe him our lives and I suspect many could say the same.

In 2017 I had a heart attack, in desperation I consulted Ray who helped me keep away from the medical Mafia and brought me back to health. I have attached the recording for all to listen and hopefully help others in the same situation. Sorry for the poor recording.

To me he was and still is a beacon of light. He will always be with us through his copious interviews and writings which, he gave so freely.

Last, but not leased, there was and still is so much to learn from this giant teacher. A true humanitarian!

I will be eternally remain grateful for coming across this brilliant man and his precious work now and forever.

Love,

Chris
Thank you for posting this

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Huh. That is not the impression I have about their relationship. You might know more about their personal lives than I do ... I'm just not getting a deeply loving relationship vibe in the way the death was handled. Trebbie's call, while generally sweet, didn't change that vibe for me. I feel like his partner didn't know/understand really who he was. If it's wrong of me to be saying this please let me know.
I don’t really know how to respond but I’ll give it my best shot. Forgive me if anything I write seems offensive as that is not my intent.

I know nothing about their personal lives and I don’t really need to know. I’m sure he would have shared if he had wanted to do so.

There’s a common phenomena I’ve seen in dealing with death and dying where people unknowingly place blame on others in order to cope. I’ve witnessed it time and again in my work. My own daughter even fell in that trap by accusing me and my husband of killing my mom when we were caring for her in her final days on hospice care. It’s human nature to try to find a reason for why it happened but often it’s just the person’s time. Death can definitely be hard.

I suppose the best thing you can do is ask yourself if this vibe you have is rational or emotional and if it’s helpful for you or others? I don’t know what you know so only you can decide if it’s beneficial for you to keep that vibe going or put it to rest. It’s definitely good to recognize our feelings but it’s unfortunately not going to change anything.

I truly don’t think it’s helpful to sow doubt about Katherine’s love for him though even if you have your own personal reasons for that doubt. He stayed with her for 40 years and out of respect for him I think we should accept that their love was sufficient and let him Rest In Peace.

Peatful

My tribute to Ray Peat

Love,

Chris
Thank you Chris.

This really moved me.

We loved him so.

-Luke-

Last edited:

cs3000

Just as kindness, nurturing, stimulation, and freedom promote improvement in the function and structure of the brain, cruelty and oppression act in the opposite direction. If adolescence is delayed, then the importance of a culture which supports curiosity, exploration, play and sensuous pleasure seems obvious, so that biology and culture will be mutually supportive.

The culture of adaptation creates a life trajectory, in which what they want is contrary to what life needs. Remembering yourself as the one whose future is always in question, in doubt and open, you know where youthful energy lives, and I think it starts to feel as though gravity is pulling for you, making things roll toward you-that is, things indicate where they need to go, so it is not necessary to plan, instead, to keep perceiving the possibilities as they open up better generalities.

Once we begin to believe in the future, we understand the possibility of learning more, and of being more. We appreciate the unexpected, and we even anticipate the opportunity to confront it.

Consciousness, perception, emotion, sensation, pleasure, and intention have been omitted from the world described by reductionists. If we are going to understand life and its possibilities, then it seems that we should begin with an appreciation of its liveliest aspects, as an essential dimension of our thinking.

- Ray Peat
sounds empowering, thanks, the opposite life experience from learned helplessness. this is from his book "Generative energy restoring the wholeness of life"
its not sold anymore but we can read it here Ray Peat - Generative Energy Restoring The Wholeness Of Life : Ray Peat : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

"Self-organizing systems decay only if they have assimilated inertia, and— with a little support of the right kind— the centers of degeneration can become centers of regeneration."

Just as kindness, nurturing, stimulation, and freedom promote improvement in the function and structure of the brain, cruelty and oppression act in the opposite direction. If adolescence is delayed, then the importance of a culture which supports curiosity, exploration, play and sensuous pleasure seems obvious, so that biology and culture will be mutually supportive.

The culture of adaptation creates a life trajectory, in which what they want is contrary to what life needs. Remembering yourself as the one whose future is always in question, in doubt and open, you know where youthful energy lives, and I think it starts to feel as though gravity is pulling for you, making things roll toward you-that is, things indicate where they need to go, so it is not necessary to plan, instead, to keep perceiving the possibilities as they open up better generalities.

Once we begin to believe in the future, we understand the possibility of learning more, and of being more. We appreciate the unexpected, and we even anticipate the opportunity to confront it.

Consciousness, perception, emotion, sensation, pleasure, and intention have been omitted from the world described by reductionists. If we are going to understand life and its possibilities, then it seems that we should begin with an appreciation of its liveliest aspects, as an essential dimension of our thinking.

- Ray Peat
I love this!

There is so much in this passage, that I am going to print it out to read many many many times. So much wisdom.
How are you doing, Rinse?
I have already reposted a portion of what you posted.

You are sweet for checking on me OliviaD. I am having more good days lately. Ray Peat’s passing was just more trying to roll with the punches. I am lucky to have a lot of optimism, and not be afraid of few cleansing tears. I just keep telling myself that it is life and we all are going through together, instead of why me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals