Healthier Grooming & Beauty Hacks

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"As brown sugar exfoliates dead cells from the outer skin and hydrates the skin, it gives the skin a shiny glow. It works to prevent and assuage problems of tanned skin. It can be applied on legs, back, and shoulders. Application of brown sugar helps to lighten skin and diminish the scars."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I have never dyed or bleached my hair, but have relied on the summer sun and pools to lighten my hair instead. Lemon has served me well, but honey is my new favorite hair lightener now! I thought of it remembering my manuka honey face mask routine had lightened my eyebrows before. Unhappy that my hair had gotten darker this last year, I applied honey and water to my hair last night, left it on for two hours then washed it out and it really brightened my hair! I only did the top and front as a test, but now I am gonna do the rest.

Attachments

• 20220207_234441.jpg
    20220207_234441.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220208_100605.jpg
    20220208_100605.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 51
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Honey! It's a fantastic natural bleaching agent and can make your hair a few shades lighter with correct use. Honey contains alpha-hydroxy acids that clear up dead cells from skin and hair tissue. If you want to lighten your hair but do not want to use chemical treatments or bleach, you can a honey hair mask."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Honey is a great natural hair product that can be used by itself or incorporated into other natural hair treatments. It can promote cell growth, help to retain moisture, and restore nutrients to the hair and scalp. It may even help alleviate inflammatory skin conditions when used with other therapies."

Blossom

Forum Supporter
"Honey is a great natural hair product that can be used by itself or incorporated into other natural hair treatments. It can promote cell growth, help to retain moisture, and restore nutrients to the hair and scalp. It may even help alleviate inflammatory skin conditions when used with other therapies."

Thanks! I might have to try this out.

Nice. A woman oriented thread :) As far as grooming and beauty hacks. Organic products For example, Dr. Hauschka.

But the best moisturiser I’ve ever used is a Hungarian moisturiser called Helia Classic. Shea butter, jojoba oil and castor oil are the base.

P

Peatness

Ingredients Dr. Hauschka Lip Gloss​

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Linalool*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Farnesol*, Limonene*, Geraniol*, Eugenol*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Citronellol*, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Oil, Mica, Maltodextrin, Silica, Lecithin, Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

catan

I use coconut oil and it works great. It takes a few days to get through not getting that minty foamy feeling, but no gagging now either. Just use a little baking soda once a week if you feel you need an extra scrubbing.
Do you do this in addition to oil pulling?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think once a week it's fine. There are toothpastes containing these enzymes but obviously in lower amounts.
I imagine it's like chewing on pineapple and unripe papaya for a while.
Ok! I am getting some and will report back :)

miquelangeles

Do you think it is gentler than baking soda?
I think it's safe. Papain is neutral and bromelain is slightly acidic.
If you go on Google Scholar and search for any of these terms - papain, bromelain, teeth whitening, dentifrice - you'll find a lot of studies.

miquelangeles

Do you think it is gentler than baking soda?
The way I use it is I dissolve the powder in a small amount of warm water (the maximum enzymatic activity is at 55-65 Celsius) and swishing it in the mouth for as long as I tolerate (until I start feeling small burning sensations). That can be 10-15 minutes it depends. The idea is to keep the enzymes in contact with the teeth for as long as possible. Then brush with a Philips sonicare.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
The way I use it is I dissolve the powder in a small amount of warm water (the maximum enzymatic activity is at 55-65 Celsius) and swishing it in the mouth for as long as I tolerate (until I start feeling small burning sensations). That can be 10-15 minutes it depends. The idea is to keep the enzymes in contact with the teeth for as long as possible. Then brush with a Philips sonicare.
Got it :)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Soak a cotton pad in the Listerine and dab it onto your scalp. Once you've covered your scalp, let it sit for about 5-10 minutes. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and do this thrice a week for 2 weeks. It's one of the quickest methods of using Listerine to cure dandruff."

"If you have lice, Listerine is surprisingly successful at killing them. If you are dealing with a fungal infection of the scalp, Listerine has antifungal ingredients that might help."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals