Prickly skin on face

Melba

I have a prickly sensation on my face ,I think it started when I used a face cream with retinal I became so photosensitive even after discontinuing the cream my face felt like it was burning even with wearing a hat on a cloudy day.It took weeks before my face felt normal but now months later I find it is hypersensitive to anything I put on my face,I recently tried a vit C cream which made my face even more prickly and the latest was sunscreen lotion causing a flare up even my eye lids and under eye are swollen.

I have tried cold compresses ,antihistamines,collagen cream,antibiotic cream,witch hazel toner, a mild cortisol cream and nothing helps relieve the prickly feeling also a bit of itching,there is no rash or any visible difference apart from the swollen eye lids and swollen under eye bags, I didn't get anything in my eye so it is all in the skin.
Any suggestions as to what else I can do?

I have a prickly sensation on my face ,I think it started when I used a face cream with retinal I became so photosensitive even after discontinuing the cream my face felt like it was burning even with wearing a hat on a cloudy day.It took weeks before my face felt normal but now months later I find it is hypersensitive to anything I put on my face,I recently tried a vit C cream which made my face even more prickly and the latest was sunscreen lotion causing a flare up even my eye lids and under eye are swollen.

I have tried cold compresses ,antihistamines,collagen cream,antibiotic cream,witch hazel toner, a mild cortisol cream and nothing helps relieve the prickly feeling also a bit of itching,there is no rash or any visible difference apart from the swollen eye lids and swollen under eye bags, I didn't get anything in my eye so it is all in the skin.
Any suggestions as to what else I can do?
Hi Melba! I use to deal with these issues many years ago from Retina-A, sunscreen, toners, cleansers and such. A dozen years ago my husband gave me the best advice, which I have passed on, to clear up other people's acne and other issues, which is to leave your skin alone. Let your skin stabilize the way it wants to and heal. I don't cleanse my face, but maybe once or twice a week in the evening, with a gentle all natural cleanser. I don't use lotions ANYWHERE on my body and I ditched the sunscreen when I started Peating years ago. Sunscreen is THE WORST for your skin and endocrine system. Now that I have cleared PUFA's out of my body I don't burn anymore, and I am a true blonde. My husband doesn't burn either and he is a red head. I know it sounds hard to ignore your skin, but all the stuff people put on their sking is counter productive and aging. My skin looks better now than it did 20+ years ago. Here is my selfie two months ago without make-up, at 58. My cystic scars are minimal and my oily, ruddy skin has gone away, not washing my face day and night. Leave your skin alone!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211228-104414_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211228-104414_Gallery.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 27