Sunscreen: Who wears it, why/why not?

animalcule

I'm recovering from a facial skin catastrophe (allergic reaction to building materials + ocular rosacea), and as my skin heals, I'm noticing some accelerated signs of aging that I'd like to slow down. I've never worn sunscreen regularly, partly because I don't want to reduce vitamin D absorption and partly because my skin is so sensitive that basically anything topical seems to cause a problem. I never used to use lotions/creams or even facial cleansers (water only) and my skin has always been pretty good, until this allergic reaction/inflammatory condition. Now I'm slapping on anything I think might help, and panicking as my skin seems to be getting dryer and more reactive. I've managed to heal the skin barrier, but the fine lines are more noticeable. It seems that one of the best ways to slow down signs of skin aging (and prevent more fine lines) is to wear facial sunscreen daily. So...

Who here wears sunscreen? What brands? Chemical vs mineral? Ultra sensitive skin brands?
Any long-term sunscreen wearers who look noticeably younger than their peers?

Note: I tried Cetaphil's Sheer Mineral Face Liquid Sunscreen for a couple of days and my skin started to get dry flakey patches all over. This was supposed to be suitable for sensitive skin, but my skin appears to be so affronted that I'm putting anything on top of it that it reacts to almost everything.

Jennifer

Who here wears sunscreen? What brands? Chemical vs mineral? Ultra sensitive skin brands?
Any long-term sunscreen wearers who look noticeably younger than their peers?

I wear mineral sunscreen. I currently use this one:

I have sensitive skin and tolerate the Suntribe fine but when the tin I have runs out, I’ll be making my own mineral sunscreen using a base of rose infused, washed ghee for its healing properties.

Advocate2021

Ive been defending non toxic sunscreen all over this forum and I absolutely do not go out in the sun without protecting my face and neck and I've done it my entire life and I'm 52 the picture that I have up here was taken by me on my cell phone a couple weeks ago and I'm certain that my protection has resulted in preserving my skin- I know for sure that's a huge Factor and what I don't understand is why people that want the sunlight don't just expose the rest of their body because the face and the neck are very small surface areas and you're not getting much vitamin D on your face anyway - why not just preserve your skin on your face so you look good and get the vitamin D on your body I don't see why they're mutually exclusive. Optimal Beauty and optimal health can both go together. currently I'm using one by mychelle spf 50 body recommended by Michelle Villet a Canadian Beauty editor that is very close with Dr Pete I believe but I want to try Jennifer's I think it looks really good too I'm dictating by the way so that's why there's no punctuation.

Advocate2021

And also as I have stated on other threads much of the benefit of the Sun is through your eyes and allowing it to reach the pineal gland so just don't wear sunglasses and you'll get a lot of benefit in the face area but you can still protect your skin and not ruin your skin over this you get the great benefit through your eyes and like I said expose some of your body you know like don't get burnt but you can get your vitamin D by exposing the 90% of the skin that's not on your face or neck

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals