Sun protection for the brave

dreamcatcher

I've seen many threads about people looking for safe sunscreen. Ray Peat recommended me to avoid washing my face too frequently that causes premature aging of the skin. I do have a safe sunscreen that's made of coconut oil, beeswax and zinc, that I bought on Amazon (that I used to remove using beef tallow) but keeping in mind that washing the skin less frequently slows down skin aging, I wanted to find a way to protect my skin without using cosmetics. So I bought this face shield that's 50+ SPF on Amazon and a sunhat in Walmart.
It takes some courage to go out looking like this:)

Attachments

• PXL_20220410_173330452.jpg
    PXL_20220410_173330452.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 62

sweetpeat

That is a bold look lol
You might consider Solban from Idealabs for a product that doesn't need to be washed off. It's what I use, though I have to admit I haven't field tested it with a full day at the beach. Just as a general daily sunscreen for my face and décolletage.
Your way is probably more cost effective though.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Some of the asian students around here use an umbrella when they are walking outside. Of course, then you don't have both hands free.

OP
D

dreamcatcher

That is a bold look lol
You might consider Solban from Idealabs for a product that doesn't need to be washed off. It's what I use, though I have to admit I haven't field tested it with a full day at the beach. Just as a general daily sunscreen for my face and décolletage.
Your way is probably more cost effective though.
Thank you @sweetpeat I have a sunscreen from 'Suntribe' as well. The place I live has a lot of natural surroundings and the population is low so when I'm in nature or outside no one sees me apart from when I go shopping (without the face cover).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals