Healthier Grooming & Beauty Hacks

akgrrrl

Very cool stove and fireplace! Old school.
Old school turns out to be best quality in this dept! 300lbs of real steel, not skippy side panels you can dent with yr thumb, full size oven, grillevator, griddle, simmer burners, storage, clock, timer, light, and full cooking instructions and temps for meats and various foods on the oven doors. This was once white when it was found in the dump. Had it powder coated after replacing all the insulation and a cleanup job. Rechromed at the Harley shop.

Lollipop2

Old school turns out to be best quality in this dept! 300lbs of real steel, not skippy side panels you can dent with yr thumb, full size oven, grillevator, griddle, simmer burners, storage, clock, timer, light, and full cooking instructions and temps for meats and various foods on the oven doors. This was once white when it was found in the dump. Had it powder coated after replacing all the insulation and a cleanup job. Rechromed at the Harley shop.
Oh my how AWESOME! That there folks is creativity at its finest. I would live to cook on that stove and oven. @akgrrrl you rock!

Jennifer

Yes the best time for moisture is right as you are drying. I knew an old woman who had great skin, she had a tiny washcloth she would saturate with an oil blend, and actually wipe off her wet skin with that oily cloth, never used a towel but for her hair.
I take a lot of soaking baths, hardly shower unless in a hurry. It is magical, submerged in a deep soaker tub with marvelous smells and steam rising. An ancient practice, soothing and healing.
Yes, AK is Alaska. I have a wonderful woodstove that makes for lots of cozy

A woman after my own heart! I’m a soaker and collector of oldie but goodies, too. Soaking in a tub filled with bath oils and salts has been an important part of my healing and reconnecting with my body, something I felt very detached from due to some past trauma. There really is something magical about a warm bath and pretty smelling oils. :) How clever of that woman to wipe off her skin with a washcloth soaked in oil. I’m definitely going to adopt that practice. And love the stoves! I have the base to one, does that count? lol It’s this ornate cast iron base to an old Victorian stove that was turned into a coffee table. Anyhow, thank you for sharing!

akgrrrl

A woman after my own heart! I’m a soaker and collector of oldie but goodies, too. Soaking in a tub filled with bath oils and salts has been an important part of my healing and reconnecting with my body, something I felt very detached from due to some past trauma. There really is something magical about a warm bath and pretty smelling oils. :) How clever of that woman to wipe off her skin with a washcloth soaked in oil. I’m definitely going to adopt that practice. And love the stoves! I have the base to one, does that count? lol It’s this ornate cast iron base to an old Victorian stove that was turned into a coffee table. Anyhow, thank you for sharing!
Glory! So nice to exchange info with you and get to know members better. Who knows, the way things are going, our exchanges could be quite important one day. I lurked here for literally years before brave enough to post. So many biochemists here, it took me a long time to absorb mechanisms, lingo, and how to divine from research material with discernment. Before the loss of Travis, the brotherhood on rpf was simply amazing. This could be a tiny feminine root growing before us.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Glory! So nice to exchange info with you and get to know members better. Who knows, the way things are going, our exchanges could be quite important one day. I lurked here for literally years before brave enough to post. So many biochemists here, it took me a long time to absorb mechanisms, lingo, and how to divine from research material with discernment. Before the loss of Travis, the brotherhood on rpf was simply amazing. This could be a tiny feminine root growing before us.
I second that akgrrrl! I only joined a couple of months ago after really learning for 5 years through this site. You have been a great addition to these threads! It is so good to relate to like minded intelligent people, especially in these uncertain times!

Jennifer

I’m really sorry to hear you felt too intimidated to post in the past. I don’t think intuition gets enough credit around these parts, personally, so I appreciate even the non-science minded. I was disheartened to see a thread not that long ago where some members felt overlooked. We all have something to offer to the forum—we all matter—so I’m glad you decided to start posting. It has been a pleasure getting to chat with you. :)

akgrrrl

Oh my how AWESOME! That there folks is creativity at its finest. I would live to cook on that stove and oven. @akgrrrl you rock!
Don't let me hijack your thread now, cuz I did learn to "rock"--
I had never set a rock in my life but my house needed a creative flare, so I wandered up and down roads in my truck with buckets and a shovel, gathered all these within a mile of home. Liked it so much I covered 110 feet. See the smiley face?

Attachments

• 20210520_172735.jpg
    20210520_172735.jpg
    942.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210520_172803.jpg
    20210520_172803.jpg
    947.5 KB · Views: 26

Lollipop2

Don't let me hijack your thread now, cuz I did learn to "rock"--
I had never set a rock in my life but my house needed a creative flare, so I wandered up and down roads in my truck with buckets and a shovel, gathered all these within a mile of home. Liked it so much I covered 110 feet. See the smiley face?
Oh my!!! How amazing! I am soooo impressed. You are inspiring me. Anyway this is a bit on topic as it is discussing cosmetics for your home - lol.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am LOVING the beet powder as a lip tint akgrrrl! It tastes sweet too!

Attachments

• 20210621_155841.jpg
    20210621_155841.jpg
    737.6 KB · Views: 58

akgrrrl

Aww good!! I just used some to dye 3 pair of underwear that were "off white". Many uses! We are "in the pink".

akgrrrl

Oh my gosh the color stays in fabrics?
Wuhl yeah...you never dyed your hair with beet juice? I have purchased a 10oz bottle of beet juice just for dyeing a cafe tabletop set of jacquard weave napkins and tablecloth. Cant get that color of raspberry pink anywhere else.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Wuhl yeah...you never dyed your hair with beet juice? I have purchased a 10oz bottle of beet juice just for dyeing a cafe tabletop set of jacquard weave napkins and tablecloth. Cant get that color of raspberry pink anywhere else.
How long does it last in your hair? I

akgrrrl

How long does it last in your hair? I
Depends on porous quality of your hair, strength of beet mixture, and time left on to penetrate. Also washing with a soap that is a detergent like Prell dims it quickly. We had fun with it as a streak here or there in the 1980s.

akgrrrl

Oh. It was like henna if you ever used henna. A fresh beet cut up and in the blender, or beet powder mixed into a paste. Use piece of foil to isolate a chunk of hair like a salon does.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Oh. It was like henna if you ever used henna. A fresh beet cut up and in the blender, or beet powder mixed into a paste. Use piece of foil to isolate a chunk of hair like a salon does.
I haven't used henna. I had my hair done with an Auburn " colored cellophane", which was suppose to be a temporary color. After a couple of washings my hair stayed orange until I had it covered up with an even worse permanent color. I never experimented again.

akgrrrl

I haven't used henna. I had my hair done with an Auburn " colored cellophane", which was suppose to be a temporary color. After a couple of washings my hair stayed orange until I had it covered up with an even worse permanent color. I never experimented again.
Aack. Thats unfortunate. Well, completely different doings. Henna is a plant, where the material is crushed into a powder that gets mixed with water. It is a stain. On the skin, if there has been creams or oily residue, it doesnt penetrate. Perhaps you have seen the intricate designs on nailbeds, hands, faces or other body parts. Painstakingly applied by drips and dabs. India has used it for 10,000 years. Turkish nomadic tribes since 600ad for marriage ceremonies, etc. So much better for nails than plastic laquer! On hair it actually coats the shaft with color. The dryer and more coarse your hair, the more that soaks in and on the outside. I auburned my hair with henna for maybe 6 years, it was awesome. I knew to condition and oil my hair to keep it sleek and healthy---of course if your hairs are coated with something it cant absorb moisture from the air as well, oils, or conditioners. Commercial salons are using chemicals to lift your natural colors out, and then deposit your chosen color on top. So now you know when the "temporary" color fades, you were left with the haircolor they depleted to apply a chemical dye.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Aack. Thats unfortunate. Well, completely different doings. Henna is a plant, where the material is crushed into a powder that gets mixed with water. It is a stain. On the skin, if there has been creams or oily residue, it doesnt penetrate. Perhaps you have seen the intricate designs on nailbeds, hands, faces or other body parts. Painstakingly applied by drips and dabs. India has used it for 10,000 years. Turkish nomadic tribes since 600ad for marriage ceremonies, etc. So much better for nails than plastic laquer! On hair it actually coats the shaft with color. The dryer and more coarse your hair, the more that soaks in and on the outside. I auburned my hair with henna for maybe 6 years, it was awesome. I knew to condition and oil my hair to keep it sleek and healthy---of course if your hairs are coated with something it cant absorb moisture from the air as well, oils, or conditioners. Commercial salons are using chemicals to lift your natural colors out, and then deposit your chosen color on top. So now you know when the "temporary" color fades, you were left with the haircolor they depleted to apply a chemical dye.
I hadn't heard of henna on nails?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"I use baking soda, and I rinse my mouth after having sugar, orange juice, etc. The quality of the saliva, regulated mainly by the thyroid hormone, is the main factor in dental health. My newsletter on osteoporosis mentioned some of the studies on thyroid, estrogen, and tooth decay." Ray Peat e-mail response

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Besides keeping phosphates low, getting a lot of vitamin K, and maybe rubbing some onto the gums, might help; it's antiinflammatory. Some people have reverse gingivitis by "rinsing" with coconut oil twice a day, swishing it around for a couple of minutes." -Ray Peat e-mail exhange

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals