Healthier Grooming & Beauty Hacks

Lizb

“The latest study (see references below) show that consuming dark chocolate can do wonders for your skin resulting in a change that will help reduce the appearance of wrinkles that are caused by excessive exposure to the sun. The researchers have reported that cocoa extract found in dark chocolate offers protection against wrinkles caused by UV-Light and even helps reduce the appearance of dark spots by blocking the breakdown of the dermal matrix.

Scientists from Seoul National University Korea also conducted tests of cocoa powder on hairless mice for about eight weeks and discovered a notable reduction in wrinkles which was caused by exposure to the sun. In the tests it was observed that a sum of 78 genes were improved following the utilization of dietary cocoa. It was contrasted to mice whose skin was exposed to sunlight and did not enjoy a cocoa rich diet. The Korean team came up with a conclusion that cocoa has phyto chemicals that probably inhibit long-term sun damage and diminish wrinkle formation by a "substantial” amount.

In the Korean research, mice who had a chocolate diet based on cocoa powder revealed higher levels of collagen as compared to those kept in the control group. The Korean study team said: "UVB-induced wrinkle formation was markedly reduced in the groups administered with cocoa powder." The findings are already published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.

Studies suggest organic dark chocolate contains antioxidants which may fight conditions like cancer and heart diseases. Experts think that cocoa beans have a higher level of antioxidants as compared to red wine or green tea. A number of studies have shown that consuming chocolate likely elevate one's general health as well as improving skin condition due to these antioxidants. Chocolate seems to increase blood flow and skin density and hydration which leads to better skin appearance or at least we believe it does based on this research.“

I'm off to the kitchen

-Luke-

Does anyone know of a clear zinc sunscreen that doesn't contain any skin irritants or seed oils besides coconut and cocoa butter?
I was also looking for something like this the last few days and the only halfway interesting thing I found was this: Suntribe ® | All Natural Zinc Sunscreen SPF 30 Plastic free Reef safe

Ingredients:
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil°, Cera Alba (Beeswax)°, Non-Nano Zinc Oxide. Natural colourants: Theobroma Cacao Seed Powder° (Mud Tint), Iron Oxide (Retro Red), Ultramarine (Ocean Blue). °Organic

Not sure about the colourants and I'm sceptical about the Iron Oxide. But it's the only sunscreen I could find that doesn't have an ingredient list as long as a Dostojevski novel and is without sunflower oil.

Jennifer

Thank you, @OccamzRazer and @-Luke-.

Luke, if I'm reading it correctly, the colourants are only added to the Mud Tint, Retro Red and Ocean Blue? I have fair skin so I don't think the Original White would be too obvious on me.

-Luke-

Thank you, @OccamzRazer and @-Luke-.

Luke, if I'm reading it correctly, the colourants are only added to the Mud Tint, Retro Red and Ocean Blue? I have fair skin so I don't think the Original White would be too obvious on me.
Ah, you're right. I didn't even notice that there are different options. So it seems that the Original White has only 3 ingredients. Almost too good to be true.

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
So many peels to use so many ways!

Attachments

• 920BCE91-FD42-41AE-9C38-6AE1C898FD67.jpeg
    920BCE91-FD42-41AE-9C38-6AE1C898FD67.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 27

Jennifer

@makaronai, thank you very much for sharing your source. I came across Shade during my search, but was hoping for a minimum SPF of 30.

@-Luke-, it does seem almost too good to be true. I found a few brands with minimal ingredients, but all contain at least one unsaturated-rich fat.

Seeing as so few ingredients are needed, I'm tempted to make my own. I might try it with a base of washed ghee since I can source it locally, and maybe macerate some flowers in it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Many people have noticed that pregnenolone has a "face-lifting" action. This effect seems to be produced by improved circulation to the skin, and by an actual contraction of some muscle-like cells in the skin.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Vodka
baking soda
an essential oil of your choice

put in rollerball bottle for a deodorant
This is a great idea! I found some refillable glass roll-on bottles to give your idea a try. There has been many occasion that we have run out of Milk Of Magnesia . Thanks Jon!

Attachments

• D2B77178-4ECB-4E63-995E-9C8BABC03F29.jpeg
    D2B77178-4ECB-4E63-995E-9C8BABC03F29.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 6
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The skin surrounding the eyes is extremely delicate and contains very little fat tissue. Because of this, it’s one of the first places you might see signs of aging (22Trusted Source).

Many things can contribute to the development of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, including fragile blood vessels, poor circulation and inadequate skin quality (23Trusted Source).

Coffee grounds seem to be a promising solution due to their high antioxidant and caffeine contents.

Studies show that skin care products containing antioxidants and caffeine can help prevent the appearance of aging and reduce under-eye circles (23Trusted Source, 24Trusted Source).

In particular, caffeine has anti-inflammatory properties and stimulates blood circulation around the eyes, which can help reduce the appearance of dark circles and swelling (12Trusted Source, 25Trusted Source).

The antioxidants in coffee can also help fight free radicals, which contribute to skin aging (26Trusted Source).

Simply add water or coconut oil to your coffee grounds to form a paste. Apply the mixture under your eyes and let it sit for about 10 minutes before rinsing. Repeat this process daily or as needed.“

miquelangeles

“The skin surrounding the eyes is extremely delicate and contains very little fat tissue. Because of this, it’s one of the first places you might see signs of aging (22Trusted Source).

Many things can contribute to the development of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, including fragile blood vessels, poor circulation and inadequate skin quality (23Trusted Source).

Coffee grounds seem to be a promising solution due to their high antioxidant and caffeine contents.

Studies show that skin care products containing antioxidants and caffeine can help prevent the appearance of aging and reduce under-eye circles (23Trusted Source, 24Trusted Source).

In particular, caffeine has anti-inflammatory properties and stimulates blood circulation around the eyes, which can help reduce the appearance of dark circles and swelling (12Trusted Source, 25Trusted Source).

The antioxidants in coffee can also help fight free radicals, which contribute to skin aging (26Trusted Source).

Simply add water or coconut oil to your coffee grounds to form a paste. Apply the mixture under your eyes and let it sit for about 10 minutes before rinsing. Repeat this process daily or as needed.“

1 tsp of salmon roe mixed with 3-4 tsp of coconut oil until all the roe breaks and turns into a pink paste
applied on face as a mask for 45-60 minutes and rinsed with lukewarm water
la prairie creams with black caviar extracts cost up to $1,000 a small jar
but red caviar is just as good
strong anti-aging effects, was shown to upregulate collagen type I, rich in A, D, E, astaxanthin, nucleotides, hormones

-Luke-

I tried the coffee grounds for dark circles years ago and as far as I remember it didn't work out for me. But what I found out was that grated raw potatoes did wonders for the puffiness around the eyes (not for the dark color, though). The difference was night and day.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I tried the coffee grounds for dark circles years ago and as far as I remember it didn't work out for me. But what I found out was that grated raw potatoes did wonders for the puffiness around the eyes (not for the dark color, though). The difference was night and day.
That is good too know! I wonder what is in potatoes that makes them effective for puffy eyes?

-Luke-

That is good too know! I wonder what is in potatoes that makes them effective for puffy eyes?
I am not sure. But it seems to be an old home remedy for swellings of all kinds. My grandma used raw potatoes for insect stings for example. Back in the days when you didn't pop a pill for every little ache.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am not sure. But it seems to be an old home remedy for swellings of all kinds. My grandma used raw potatoes for insect stings for example. Back in the days when you didn't pop a pill for every little ache.

Somebody I was talking to yesterday was doing a store run for some Preparation H for her puffy eyes, and I passed on your grated potato remedy :)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Below are some of the ways MSM is used for beauty and/or health.

For Beauty:

-Hair Growth
-Nail Growth
-Collagen Production (prevents wrinkles, scarring, dark spots and sun damage)
-Skin Problems (Rosacea, allergies, eczema, acne)
-Stretch Marks

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Grind orange peel and use it as a scrub for healthy glowing skin. Orange peel is loaded with vitamin C which aids in skin exfoliation and helps to dry out acne improving the overall look of your skin. Lemon peel is also well known for having anti-ageing benefits. It contains powerful antioxidants that protect your skin against free radicals.”

“Orange peel is an important component for oral health. It helps to remove yellow marks from the teeth and treats bad breath. Rub orange peel slowly over your teeth before going to sleep at night. Let it work overnight. Rinse your mouth in the morning. Use this remedy thrice a week until you get the desired results.0

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals