Healthier Grooming & Beauty Hacks

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Best Ways To Destroy Your Hair Follicles

"Papaya Paste

Papain, a special enzyme produced by the papaya fruit weakens the hair follicles. Long-term use of papaya paste can prevent hair regrowth."

"Sugar Wax

As the name suggests, this hair removal wax is made of sugar, water, and lemon juice. It works just like a regular store-bought wax except that it does not contain harmful chemicals. Continuous use of sugar wax can weaken the hair follicle which eventually destroys it."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Here is a great tip for when you are out, notice your nails are a bit jacked up and don't have a fingernail file, and this has happened to me so many times, rub your nail across concrete! I just now had this situation, the idea dawned on me and it worked great!

I

i_nomad

I’ve run into a problem with the Milk of Magnesia for underarms no longer working. Anybody run into that?

milk_lover

I’ve run into a problem with the Milk of Magnesia for underarms no longer working. Anybody run into that?
I and my brother have used it for a year now and none of us is complaining. It's a miracle for the armpit smell. Do you add levender oil to it? It makes it smell better.

-Luke-

Does Milk of Magnesia cause any skin irritation under the armpits? I use magnesium oil sometimes, but after 3 or 4 days in a row, the skin gets irritated and I have to take a break for a few days.

milk_lover

Does Milk of Magnesia cause any skin irritation under the armpits? I use magnesium oil sometimes, but after 3 or 4 days in a row, the skin gets irritated and I have to take a break for a few days.
Not in my case. But you could have a reaction to it. I did have a reaction from magnesium oil same as you.

-Luke-

Not in my case. But you could have a reaction to it. I did have a reaction from magnesium oil same as you.
Thanks for you reply! I will see if I can get some to try it out.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Not at all! I know what you mean though, because I can’t put magnesium spray on my skin, anywhere, without it getting stingly and itchy, and shortly after, having to wash it off. Be sure to only use the original, not the cherry.

-Luke-

Not at all! I know what you mean though, because I can’t put magnesium spray on my skin, anywhere, without it getting stingly and itchy, and shortly after, having to wash it off. Be sure to only use the original, not the cherry.
:thumbsup:

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Skin with kapha and pitta imbalance (oily skin) responds well to application of orange peels. It balances the skin oils and makes skin smooth and soft.

Dried orange peel beads act as natural exfoliators and remove dead cells and blackheads gently and naturally, bringing a glow to the skin.

Orange peels help in removing dark spots and blemishes.

Due to its cleansing, anti inflammatory, anti bacterial and antifungal properties, it works well against pus filled pimples and acne.
To remove damp or musky odor from house and fill it with beautiful fragrance, it can be boiled in water with clove or cinnamon.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Orange peel can also help with bad breath and may aid in whitening teeth. Citric acid and the compound d-limonene, which can be found in some citrus peels, is believed to help in brightening your smile. It's suggested that if you rub orange peel on your teeth for two minutes and then rinse your mouth and brush your teeth, it could help in whitening your pearly whites.”

Read More: The Real Reason You Should Be Saving Your Orange Peels - Mashed

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Orange peels not only works amazingly on your skin but can also do wonders for your mane. It is believed that the juice extracted from the peels of the orange works as a great conditioner. All you need to do is to mix orange juice with some water and honey. Apply this mixture after applying shampoo to your mane. Now, allow it to sit for 5 to 10 minutes and after that wash off your mane. Regular use of this remedy will soon help you get shiny, soft and beautiful hair.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“From fighting dandruff to aiding hair growth: 4 glorious things oranges can do your mane!

HELPS FIGHT DANDRUFF

Winter means the return of the dreaded dandruff, but orange can be your go-to solution to beat this issue. Its vitamin C content and strong cleansing properties can help fight stubborn dandruff, relieving you from an itchy scalp. Either, add fresh juice or add the powdered peel to your regular hair oil, and massage it well.”

Jennifer

Does anyone know of a clear zinc sunscreen that doesn't contain any skin irritants or seed oils besides coconut and cocoa butter?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Scientists from Cambridge University have developed "Esthechoc," a chocolate bar that could slow down the signs of aging. How? Weighing in at 7.5-grams and made with 70% dark chocolate, it's full of the same antioxidants that keep flamingoes pink and goldfish gold.

Over a four-week period, researchers put it to the test by having people between 50 and 60 years old eat one bar of Esthechoc each day. And after the trial, participants had less inflammation and increased blood flow to the skin, which lessened the appearance of wrinkles altogether. Researchers also noted that the physiology of the tester's skin changed, and that it was more similar to the skin of people who were 20 and 30 years their junior.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to buy this miracle treat (a.k.a. the Cambridge Beauty Chocolate) just yet. It's hitting U.K. shelves first and will, more than likely, have a pretty hefty price tag.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Some of the most visible signs of the aging process can be seen in our skin. Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation ages the skin more quickly. But did you know that eating (or drinking) dark chocolate has been shown to help protect the skin against the harmful effects of UV exposure?

Cocoa beans, from which chocolate is made, have a higher antioxidant capacity than any other food, and the high concentration of antioxidant flavanols in cocoa beans helps reduce inflammation of the skin caused by exposure to UV light. Furthermore, eating dark chocolate can increase circulation in the skin and improve its ability to retain moisture, which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and help you look younger [source: Williams].

But not all chocolate is equal when it comes to anti-aging -- it's dark chocolate that provides the greatest benefits. That's because the refining process involved in making other kinds of chocolate actually strips away most of the skin-benefitting antioxidant flavanols.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The latest study (see references below) show that consuming dark chocolate can do wonders for your skin resulting in a change that will help reduce the appearance of wrinkles that are caused by excessive exposure to the sun. The researchers have reported that cocoa extract found in dark chocolate offers protection against wrinkles caused by UV-Light and even helps reduce the appearance of dark spots by blocking the breakdown of the dermal matrix.

Scientists from Seoul National University Korea also conducted tests of cocoa powder on hairless mice for about eight weeks and discovered a notable reduction in wrinkles which was caused by exposure to the sun. In the tests it was observed that a sum of 78 genes were improved following the utilization of dietary cocoa. It was contrasted to mice whose skin was exposed to sunlight and did not enjoy a cocoa rich diet. The Korean team came up with a conclusion that cocoa has phyto chemicals that probably inhibit long-term sun damage and diminish wrinkle formation by a "substantial” amount.

In the Korean research, mice who had a chocolate diet based on cocoa powder revealed higher levels of collagen as compared to those kept in the control group. The Korean study team said: "UVB-induced wrinkle formation was markedly reduced in the groups administered with cocoa powder." The findings are already published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.

Studies suggest organic dark chocolate contains antioxidants which may fight conditions like cancer and heart diseases. Experts think that cocoa beans have a higher level of antioxidants as compared to red wine or green tea. A number of studies have shown that consuming chocolate likely elevate one's general health as well as improving skin condition due to these antioxidants. Chocolate seems to increase blood flow and skin density and hydration which leads to better skin appearance or at least we believe it does based on this research.“

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals