Healing Midbrain Damage (chronic Fatigue Syndrome)

Gone Peating

OP
orewashin

orewashin

Dental X-rays are correlated with the development of different cancers. Brain, eye, and thyroid cancers, especially.

While CFS is typically found in older populations, it's also a significant problem in children and adolescents.

I wonder if dental X-rays are correlated with childhood CFS due to disruption of deep brain development. While in older people, aging is likely a contributing factor, it doesn't make sense for children to develop the disease.

If a population study like this would show that they are correlated, then it would help everyone by encouraging caution about dental x-rays. However, I don't know how one can give ideas for scientific studies. Is there a way to do that?

Gone Peating

I think Lyme has become the new beriberi. For example if you look at the heart issues that are said to happen in late stage Lyme they look exactly like wet beriberi.

I never looked into beriberi before. Crazy what a simple B1 deficiency can do!

Infarouge

Very difficult to target a specific brain region but inverting 5 minutes a day (Teeter table), and breathing pure oxygen like HBOT, EWOT, and Van Arden's Multistep oxygen therapy are the big guns. Very bright Red or infrared LED (not incandescent) like Redlight Man's on the head every day is very helpful for the symptoms.

OP
orewashin

orewashin

Very difficult to target a specific brain region but inverting 5 minutes a day (Teeter table), and breathing pure oxygen like HBOT, EWOT, and Van Arden's Multistep oxygen therapy are the big guns. Very bright Red or infrared LED (not incandescent) like Redlight Man's on the head every day is very helpful for the symptoms.
Why not a red LED grow light? How much does a Redlight Man cost and how long does it last? I bought my red LED hangable grow light years ago for ~$37 and it’s still going.

SB4

If aerobic metabolism is impaired in CFS, then thiamine is used up at a faster rate.
I thought this would be the other way round. Aerobic metabolism uses PDH which uses thiamine, anaerobic does not, meaning less b1 used. Do you know of a way which aerobic increases B1 usage?

OP
orewashin

orewashin

I thought this would be the other way round. Aerobic metabolism uses PDH which uses thiamine, anaerobic does not, meaning less b1 used. Do you know of a way which aerobic increases B1 usage?
You mean anaerobic in that question, right?

I don't know. I think CFS is due to inefficient functioning, due to variable types and degrees of deep brain damage/failure to heal from deep brain damage, and I think pregnenolone and B1 can help because of their involvement in myelination.

However, CFS is a condition that's notoriously unresponsive to treatment and whatever is considered healthy, probably because the body fails to keep itself healthy with the deep brain.

Mitochondrial impairment is sometimes misdiagnosed as CFS, and although it does benefit from B1/B2 locally (in muscles), I doubt people with CFS would see much improvement from their local effects.

SB4

You mean anaerobic in that question, right?
Yeah, meant anaerobic.

I have autonomic dysfuction post viral for 10yrs now which shares a lot in similarity with CFS. I do notice a boost for B1 but it seems to go away. I have tried mega dosing and am always on the look out for things that can improve PDH as my symptoms are significantly worse post carbs. Would be interested in hearing of a mechanism where anaerobic metabolism or something similar uses up more B1.

OP
orewashin

orewashin

Yeah, meant anaerobic.

I have autonomic dysfuction post viral for 10yrs now which shares a lot in similarity with CFS. I do notice a boost for B1 but it seems to go away. I have tried mega dosing and am always on the look out for things that can improve PDH as my symptoms are significantly worse post carbs. Would be interested in hearing of a mechanism where anaerobic metabolism or something similar uses up more B1.
Did you try using sublingual pregnenolone in frequent doses? That’s what I’ve been doing, but I can’t tell if anything works since I’m taking T4 along with T3 right now, which I respond bad to, in order to get an in-depth thyroid blood test.

Also, if it’s deep brain healing, obviously results would be slow.

SB4

@orewashin Don't think I have tried sublingual however I have tried hadiuts transdermal stuff and regular oral capsules. I notice on the higher doses of the oral capsules my heart pounding gets worse and this is already my worst symptom.

You notice any benefit from sublingual preg?

LLight

Flo93

I think the cytokines play a very big role in CFS symptoms. One should look for substances that inhibit certain cytokines in the body, especially interleukin 1, interleukin 6 and TNF-a.

LLight

I think the cytokines play a very big role in CFS symptoms. One should look for substances that inhibit certain cytokines in the body, especially interleukin 1, interleukin 6 and TNF-a.

Have a look at studies about the effect of Ramadan on these cytokines' level. There are studies where these are divided by two.

But it might be hard to disentangle what actions of Ramadan carry what weight in these results.

For example: Interleukin-6, C-reactive protein and biochemical parameters during prolonged intermittent fasting - PubMed

Another one: https://www.researchgate.net/public...ative_Stress_and_Heat_Shock_Protein_70_Levels

Last edited:

Flo93

Have a look at studies about the effect of Ramadan on these cytokines' level. There are studies where these are divided by two.

But it might be hard to disentangle what actions of Ramadan carry what weight in these results.

For example: Interleukin-6, C-reactive protein and biochemical parameters during prolonged intermittent fasting - PubMed

Another one: https://www.researchgate.net/public...ative_Stress_and_Heat_Shock_Protein_70_Levels

I could imagine that anything that increases hunger could help to lower IL 1, IL 6 and TNF-a. Because TNF-a in particular strongly suppresses hunger. And chronic fasting could possibly lead to an increase in substances (NPY, AgRP) in the body that counteract the cytokines - especially TNF-a?

Flo93

Especially since cortisol also increases hunger and is known to inhibit cytokines in the body. That reinforces my suspicion that there must be some connection between hunger and cytokines.

OP
orewashin

orewashin

The brains of people with CFS are injured, so they convert any T4 locally available into reverse-T3, which causes the brain fog of CFS.

In pure CFS, the rest of the body is fine, which is why reverse-T3 and T3 can be normal on a blood test despite brain fog.

People with CFS feel best on T3-only because it suppresses T4 production and prevents the brain from inhibiting its own metabolism by producing reverse-T3.

I have less brain fog not taking thyroid at all, than taking T3 and a small amount of T4. But the least brain fog was from T3-only, even if my TSH was still slightly elevated.

It's an important question. I was thinking about asking RP.

Is the reverse-T3 production by the brain in people with CFS conductive to healing, or is it pathological, and T3-only should be done to reduce T4 production and increase brain metabolism?

I've been taking 30 mcg of T3, and 1/4 grain of NDT was added (which has only around 10 mcg of T4, 2 mcg of T3). My TSH before this was 9, and for some reason it went up to 27 after a few weeks of this.

I decided to double the dosage of NDT since my insurance is ending in a month, and it's worth experimenting for the sake of documentation. Double the brainfog, and extra offlabel T3 doesn't help.

So I wonder if the brainfog is a restorative process that would help the brain heal from CFS, or if it's a maladaptive response that actually prevents healing.

People with CFS have ineffective sleep, and a hypothyroid brain doesn't sleep well, so I'm thinking more that the brainfog is a state of pathological hibernation than restoration that prevents people from healing.

Jib

I'm not sure what to make of any of this. But have had CFS for years. It is absolutely debilitating. My 65 year old dad has way more energy and stamina than I do at 30 years old. Working out consistently is virtually impossible. Most days I feel like I'm glued to the bed and eating/sleeping does not alleviate this even a little bit.

I have some times I feel I can work out, and do. But invariably this will sideline me for several days minimum. I've been forcing myself to go on walks, which I can tolerate up to about 1.5 miles at a time. Sometimes over 2 miles.

Something is definitely going on here. In my case however I assume I also have metabolic syndrome just based on abdominal obesity. I'm not "fat" by traditional standards except for a large beer belly. Which would imply insulin resistance. Also waking temp around 97 degrees indicating hypothyroid.

CFS does seem extremely unnatural. A disproportionate amount of fatigue. I can't even put it into words. I feel like an elderly person most of the time, physically. Extreme brain fog, constant anxiety, and no matter how much will power I try to muster up, I simply can't shake this feeling of being dizzy/exhausted.

Again, I do have days I can work out, which invariably causes extreme exhaustion for days. Which makes a workout program impossible to follow consistently. Caffeine does seem to help to an extent.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals