Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Mitchondria, Lactate, Oxidative Stress, Anaerobic

OP
W

Wendy B

Do you do mold avoidance? has it helped you? U know a strange thing was how Jen Brea got better out in the desert, but then the cause of her illness was found to be a squeezed (brain stem?). So the mold might not be everything...but our reaction to it. I definitely feel 30% better during Santa Ana wind conditions (dry desert air the blows into S. Calif.)...for a while...then it seems the benefit disapates. I constantly have my doors and windows open as I'm sensitive to something, but I suspect the host is as much the problem as the environment. Man, the music on that video was way too loud

Do you do mold avoidance? has it helped you? U know a strange thing was how Jen Brea got better out in the desert, but then the cause of her illness was found to be a squeezed (brain stem?). So the mold might not be everything...but our reaction to it. I definitely feel 30% better during Santa Ana wind conditions (dry desert air the blows into S. Calif.)...for a while...then it seems the benefit disapates. I constantly have my doors and windows open as I'm sensitive to something, but I suspect the host is as much the problem as the environment. Man, the music on that video was way too loud
I'm nowhere near 100% recovered, but yes it has helped me inmany ways. I don't think its at all strange that Jen Brea could've recovered somewhat from mold avoidance but then found the root cause to be structural. Brainstem compression could cause similar symptoms as brainstem inflammation. And mold can damagw collagen. I have cci too and despite that i have been helped by mold avoidance.

Its not really about wet vs dry though

Its more that some molds exposed to chemicals and pollution produce nastier toxins than mold in the wilderness. People do "mold avoidance " in forests ans the Caribbean, not just deserts. But i can tell you about good spots i found in Cali or Nevada if you are interested

OP
W

Wendy B

Its more that some molds exposed to chemicals and pollution produce nastier toxins than mold in the wilderness. People do "mold avoidance " in forests ans the Caribbean, not just deserts. But i can tell you about good spots i found in Cali or Nevada if you are interested
Hmm I wonder why very arrid conditions help me then. I'm not in any position to live in isolation right now

Hmm I wonder why very arrid conditions help me then. I'm not in any position to live in isolation right now
I mean perhaps the winds your speaking of just bring better air. I definitely do well in the desert , but i also do well in certain temperate forests.
Aridity is also good for housing and makes it easier to maintain but I'm speaking of outdoor air as the main problem

I did well in death valley.
I had to have a caregiver to do this lifestyle. Im definitely not recommending it in general , but if you can manage to do it even for a short time I recommend it. I'm fonfident that if id gotten out earlier it would've been a lot easier , before i became bedridden.

OP
W

Wendy B

I did well in death valley.
I had to have a caregiver to do this lifestyle. Im definitely not recommending it in general , but if you can manage to do it even for a short time I recommend it. I'm fonfident that if id gotten out earlier it would've been a lot easier , before i became bedridden.

Oh gawsh, sorry to hear that. I don't recall what you've mentioned as to how much peating has helped...sorry such brain drain here...I hope things might improve for you soon. :)

mostlylurking

I was diagnosed with CFS in the 90's. I was able to talk an endocrinologist into doubling my natural desiccated thyroid (Acella brand) summer of 2015; increased it to 180 mg/day. I stick to a Peaty diet, lots of milk (with sugar), gelatin, orange juice, eggs, oysters, liver, raw carrot salad, cooked mushrooms. No PUFA; no nuts, no seeds, no grains. I no longer have CFS. I no longer have allergies. Or brain fog. Or rheumatoid arthritis. Or food sensitivities. Or high anxiety. Or clinical depression. My leaky gut healed. I'm the healthiest I've been in over 50 years. I think CFS is another name for hypothyroidism and resolves when the hypothyroidism is addressed adequately.

how much peating has helped...sorry such brain drain here...I hope things might improve for you soon. :)
Im confused a little bit. Yes this is a very hard lifestyle, and would've been easier if we'd done it earlier, but I was nearing paralysis where I was and now i can walk, talk, and sometimes read a solid amount. I also have craniocervical Instability and between mold avoidance and the surgery for that im confident I'll make a full recovery.

Peating hasn't helped much. PUFAs make me feel worse for sure and avoiding them makes sense to me, same with legumes and wheat, but nowhere near a cure. Also thyroid has NOT helped me , and i think the majority of me/cfs patients have a problem with toxins and oxidative stress that revving the engine will not help with.

If you can't do mold avoidance bc of finances and current level of disability , i totally understand, but just kmow that it can always get worse and be harder to do later. So that's why I recommend that people get out while they can to try this. If you're in socal you're a little closer than many to good spots. Like death valley or Inyo national Forest

OP
W

Wendy B

If you can't do mold avoidance bc of finances and current level of disability , i totally understand, but just kmow that it can always get worse and be harder to do later. So that's why I recommend that people get out while they can to try this. If you're in socal you're a little closer than many to good spots. Like death valley or Inyo national Forest

Wait, so are you still bedridden? If not, what helped? I'm glad ur positive about a full recovery! :) I think i have to agree with you that there is something else goign on besides just revving up the metabolism. Each time I try to do it, seems my body revolts. I'm still hanging in there though, attempting what I can. I just did a round of antibiotics, starting GutPro now, also pregnenalone may be helping me. I mean it absolutely makes me feel better, but some side effects may be a problem. I don't notice that im sensitive to mold. Or I don't know that i am. Question: have you tried Brain Retraining programs like Ashok Gupta, etc? I think there has got to be an element of brain dysfunction going on for me anyway, though when i tried Gupta, I was just too ill to do the distraction required in the training. There was just nothing that coudl distract me predictably or even really at all. I do notice that when I am distracted though, that sometimes i stop feeling so ill. Another thing, I feel like 60% better in passive motion (like a passenger in a car). As soon as car comes to a stop, I feel very distressed, exhausted, hard to sit up, can't follow what someone is saying, etc. I found a similar condition called Mal Disembarqment - people get it after being on a cruise ship. Actually a neurologist told me about it. It's not exactly what I have...but the fact i feel better, then worse, then better, on a dime - based on motion - tells me there is a brain element that has nothing to do with the way the heart or circulation or mitochondria are working. I mean it seems that way anyway. I haven't found a way to exploit this very well except just trying to find as many ways to have enjoyment and distraction as possible, when possible. Which is very hard. Have you done any of the B.R. stuff?

Wait, so are you still bedridden? If not, what helped
not bedridden. Walking around a little. Mold avoidance helped a lot. Thats basically it. Except saline ivs help but the effect is very short lived.

Im still fairly sick but theres been a substantial improvement being in good air

I don't notice that im sensitive to mold. Or I don't know that i am.
Most people dont notice until they get out of it , go to pristine air, and come back. The phenomenon of "masking" explains this. You can be reactive wheb living in mold but not sensitivr. As in, it makes you sick all the time but you dont notice it, and couldn't pinpoint it as a problem or any sources of it. After spending time in pristine air as an experiment and coming back to your home enviroment one often notices a difference. the website paradigmchange.me is great resource
Question: have you tried Brain Retraining programs like Ashok Gupta, etc?
i have not. I feel no need to. My brain isn't overreacting to anything. Sometimes it underreacts if anything. These kinds of programs are total snake oil in my humble opinion. They're brainwashing. But you can make your own choices on what to try

Sounds like you are saying the benefits last even when you come back to the city/ regular housing?
Not exactly. Usually it takes years to get to that point. Depends on person. Ive found new builds in certain part of Vegas suburbs that i did well in , and recently, a house in Taos and some hotels and cabins.