Has TUDCA Or Taurine Increased Your Thyroid Hormones?

NathanK

Can't say empirically, but did notice a warming effect (particularly with TUDCA) and a total body calming feeling.

Kunstruct

I am experiencing negative effects on erection and libido with Taurine so I stopped it.
I would do a before and after panel of hormones by taking 2 weeks of 2 grams of Taurine daily since basically pretty much no one is doing this sort of thing, but blood-work costs it is so high that it is not worth it for something that I feel the negative effects from.

belcanto

I love what TUDCA is doing for my blood sugar! I imagine it's helping my liver enzymes as well.

sweetpeat

You know, now that you mention it, I sometimes find that taking taurine can feel similar to taking t3. I assume it's helping with conversion from t4 to t3. I take about half a gram several times a day. It lowered my elevated LDL to normal levels, which was one of my reasons for taking it.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
You know, now that you mention it, I sometimes find that taking taurine can feel similar to taking t3. I assume it's helping with conversion from t4 to t3. I take about half a gram several times a day. It lowered my elevated LDL to normal levels, which was one of my reasons for taking it.

That is really cool!! What dose of Taurine?

sweetpeat

That is really cool!! What dose of Taurine?
For the LDL? I titrated up to a total of 3 grams taken in divided doses and held it there for about a month. Then got lab work.
I still take about 1.5 grams as a sort of maintenance dose for now because I think it's doing me good. I was under eating for a number of years so may have been deficient in a lot of nutrients like taurine. Seems to help with digestion too. It's good for the liver and I had elevated liver enzymes in the past.

NathanK

For the LDL? I titrated up to a total of 3 grams taken in divided doses and held it there for about a month. Then got lab work.
I still take about 1.5 grams as a sort of maintenance dose for now because I think it's doing me good. I was under eating for a number of years so may have been deficient in a lot of nutrients like taurine. Seems to help with digestion too. It's good for the liver and I had elevated liver enzymes in the past.
It helped tremendously with my cholesterol numbers. I took lab tests before and after. I took about 5g daily for maybe 4 weeks (stopped when my stools hit that bile saturation point) and then took 3 weeks off of any and all supps before labs. That was in 2015 when I first found taurine.

In addition to significantly lowering cholesterol, my testosterone jumped about 50% higher. My liver enzymes were already low, but went even lower. I'm a taurine believer. Now I take maybe somewhere around 5-10g in a week in addition to other aminos

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
It helped tremendously with my cholesterol numbers. I took lab tests before and after. I took about 5g daily for maybe 4 weeks (stopped when my stools hit that bile saturation point) and then took 3 weeks off of any and all supps before labs. That was in 2015 when I first found taurine.

In addition to significantly lowering cholesterol, my testosterone jumped about 50% higher. My liver enzymes were already low, but went even lower. I'm a taurine believer. Now I take maybe somewhere around 5-10g in a week in addition to other aminos

Man that is awesome!!!

Crazy how powerful it was for you in regards to T enhancements.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals