1. SALE EXTENDED!!! Thanksgiving Sale 10% Off LifeGivingStore.com Till Monday December 9th @ Midnight With Coupon Code: THANKS2019
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Has TUDCA Or Taurine Increased Your Thyroid Hormones?

Discussion in 'Thyroid and Hormones' started by Lokzo, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    Curious to know if anyone has seen any positive effects from either TUDCA or TAURINE
    to support thyroid hormones?

I have not seen a single study in humans to support this, but in-vivo studies are promising.

2. NathanK

NathanK Member

Can't say empirically, but did notice a warming effect (particularly with TUDCA) and a total body calming feeling.

3. Kunstruct

Kunstruct Member

I am experiencing negative effects on erection and libido with Taurine so I stopped it.
    I would do a before and after panel of hormones by taking 2 weeks of 2 grams of Taurine daily since basically pretty much no one is doing this sort of thing, but blood-work costs it is so high that it is not worth it for something that I feel the negative effects from.

4. belcanto

belcanto Member

I love what TUDCA is doing for my blood sugar! I imagine it's helping my liver enzymes as well.

5. OP
    Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    I have also been noticing this.

6. OP
    Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    At what dosages?

7. OP
    Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath

That's sensational!

Love to hear that.

Tell me more - what dosages? Do you have pre-diabetes? How long have you been using it for?

8. sweetpeat

sweetpeat Member

You know, now that you mention it, I sometimes find that taking taurine can feel similar to taking t3. I assume it's helping with conversion from t4 to t3. I take about half a gram several times a day. It lowered my elevated LDL to normal levels, which was one of my reasons for taking it.

9. OP
    Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    That is really cool!! What dose of Taurine?

10. sweetpeat

sweetpeat Member

For the LDL? I titrated up to a total of 3 grams taken in divided doses and held it there for about a month. Then got lab work.
    I still take about 1.5 grams as a sort of maintenance dose for now because I think it's doing me good. I was under eating for a number of years so may have been deficient in a lot of nutrients like taurine. Seems to help with digestion too. It's good for the liver and I had elevated liver enzymes in the past.

11. NathanK

NathanK Member

It helped tremendously with my cholesterol numbers. I took lab tests before and after. I took about 5g daily for maybe 4 weeks (stopped when my stools hit that bile saturation point) and then took 3 weeks off of any and all supps before labs. That was in 2015 when I first found taurine.

In addition to significantly lowering cholesterol, my testosterone jumped about 50% higher. My liver enzymes were already low, but went even lower. I'm a taurine believer. Now I take maybe somewhere around 5-10g in a week in addition to other aminos

12. OP
    Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    Man that is awesome!!!

Crazy how powerful it was for you in regards to T enhancements.