Taurine Reverses Thyroid Inhibition Due To Fluoride

Travis

There is a journal called "Fluoride: Quarterly Journal of the International Society for Fluoride Research" for anyone interested. Here is one issue: http://www.naturallifeenergy.com/files/borox-effect-skeletal-fluorosis.pdf

If you notice the citations at the bottom of the Borax/Fluorosis Article, you will see that it has been tested as an antidote many times. I believe Boron to be one of the more effective anti-fluoride compounds.

It appears to acts as a chelator of sorts, forming Boron Tetrafluoride (BF4) which is excreted by the kidneys. There has to be at least 10 articles on Boron and Fluoride in that Journal, but I have only read two of them. Perhaps someday I will read them all.

lindsay

What would be a good way to protect against fluoride in bath water? If I pour a bunch of taurine powder in it (I have one container I am never using again because it upset my stomach terribly), would that protect against the fluoride? Or am I better putting some iodine in the water?

And regarding taurine, if it is found in Ox Bile (and other animal biles), wouldn't just taking Ox Bile be a more effective way to get more taurine? I ask this because the one taurine powder I've tried made me sick again. But wouldn't taking Ox Bile be just as effective as taking Taurine anyhow? Granted it would be in lower doses.

Travis

The First thing that came to mind was Calcium Chloride: CaCl2 + F- =CaF2 + Cl-

CaCl2 is water soluble, but CaF2 is not and will precipitate. You can also use Lime (CaOH).

I think Lime is cheaper.

aguilaroja

They say taurine is shown to have protective effects on kidney in various disease states like diabetes, etc. So, testing its effects on kidneys damages by fluoride makes sense. But they do not mention anywhere expected effects of fluoride on thyroid ...

The references in the Adedara paper may give some clues.
Taurine Ameliorates Renal Oxidative Damage and Thyroid Dysfunction in Rats Chronically Exposed to Fluoride - Online First - Springer

For the relation between fluoride and thyroid injury:

Liu GY, Chai CHY, Kang SHL (2002) Effects of fluoride on the ultrastructure of thyroid in chicks. Chin J Vet Sci 22:512–514

Vandana V. Patil and Varsha T. Dhurvey (2015) Exposure to sodium fluoride affects thyroid follicular cells in albino rats. Int J Plant, Animal and Environ Sci 5l:56–61
http://www.ijpaes.com/admin/php/uploads/750_pdf.pdf

Wang H, Yang Z, Zhou B, Gao H, Yan X, Wang J (2009) Fluoride-induced thyroid dysfunction in rats: roles of dietary protein and calcium level. Toxicol Ind Health 25:49–57

For the relation between thyroid and kidney functions:

Den Hollander JG, Wulkan RW, Mantel MJ, Berghout A (2005) Correlation between severity of thyroid dysfunction and renal function. Clin Endocrinol 62:423–427

Gopinath B, Harris DC, Wall JR, Kifley A, Mitchell P (2013) Relationship between thyroid dysfunction and chronic kidney disease in community-dwelling older adults. Maturitas 75:159–164

Montenegro J, Gonzalez O, Saracho R, Aguirre R, Gonzalez O, Martinez I (1996) Changes in renal function in primary hypothyroidism. Am J Kidney Dis 27:195–198

aguilaroja

What would be a good way to protect against fluoride in bath water? ...

The First thing that came to mind was Calcium Chloride: CaCl2 + F- =CaF2 + Cl-
CaCl2 is water soluble, but CaF2 is not and will precipitate. You can also use Lime (CaOH).
I think Lime is cheaper.

Excellent thought about the chemistry.

Lime is more difficult to handle. Here is an outline of applications in large scale fluoride removal.

Fluoride Removal from Industrial Wastewater

aguilaroja

What would be a good way to protect against fluoride in bath water?...

Of course, keeping fluoride out of the bath water is more optimal. But whole house (fluoride) filters are not practical for most people.

One partly helpful possibility is to fill the bath through the shower head using a good quality shower filter. Only a few shower filter models seem to remove some part of the fluoride. A good shower filter will help reduce chlorine/chloramine or contaminants which are also in some public water supplies.

Some research about shower filter selection is needed. I know of no reverse osmosis shower filters. Perhaps another reader knows of good comparisons between shower filter mechanisms. There is lots of marketing but few careful comparison studies on the web.

Travis

I am sure the shower-filter salesman have many good things to say about their products. I just sent an inquiry to Ava Filters, and I will post the response.

I asked them for technical details.

Travis

Go to Amazon and read the one star reviews of the shower filters. There are people who have used TDS meters and F- ion-selective elcetrodes and have noticed no difference: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Shower Filter for chlorine and fluoride- Filters Chloramine,hard Water Using Patented Kdf-shower Filter System

It should be noted that most 5-star reviews are extorted by companies by offering a discount, or straight-up bought from sites such as this: Buy Amazon Reviews

Perhaps there are reliable shower filters, buy you must do your research first. Some shower filter companies would like you to think that their product performs voodoo, or has a Genie inside.

I live in an unfluoridated are, so I have no first-hand data.

NathanK

From personal experiments I can attest to taurine's effect on the kidneys. Twice I have cycled taurine and conducted labs. Both times I have raised my eGFR from a cautious 69 to a more normal 90 range. Creatinine was lowered from a high normal range as well. Taurine has been quite the wonder substance for me in many ways.

Yeah, taurine and glycine can easily replace 80% of the drugs given for prevention of all kinds of metabolic and inflammatory conditions, which is...all there is. Recent study said glycine is the best and safest anti-inflammatory and taurine is king when it comes to preventing what currently passes for metabolic disease - diabetes II, CVD, high BP, etc, and which affects the majority of people in the world beyond a certain age. I think there is some good research with both going on but sadly the goal is find patented alternatives and there are even calls for FDA limiting the free sale of taurine and glycine as they both may have a status of "new drug", just like biotin for MS and pyridoxamine for kidney failure.
First ive heard of pyridoxamine. Its a shame what theyve done with it. Looks like something many people could benefit from, but is stuck in clinical trial land. FDA Seeks to Ban Pyridoxamine - Life Extension

cdg

Here is an interesting letter to the American Thyroid Association, should you need to convince someone regarding Fluoride's effect on the Thyroid:
http://www.ehcd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016_02_11_ATALtrCWF.pdf

Also a tasty Tropical fruit Tamarind (sour taste) but very enjoyable with lots of sugar can also help in detoxing fluoride as per following:
Note what you eat makes big difference as per Rays discussion on liver/kideny's ability to detox:

"Higher protein intake has also been reported to reduce
fluoride retention in bones (Carald & Floriant, 1987), but
such a possibility is unlikely with tamarind intake in view of
its low protein content and limited amount used for supplementation.
The calcium, zinc and phosphorus intake of the
children included in this study was very poor judging from
diet analysis. The urinary excretion of zinc decreased significantly
with tamarind intake. Zinc deficiency is associated
with skeletal growth impairment (Oner et al, 1984). It is
reported to be a contributory factor in osteoporosis observed
in postmenopausal women (Herzberg et al, 1990). Decrease
in zinc excretion with tamarind supplementation may have
a beneficial effect on the skeletal health of children from
fluorotic areas."

Tamarind 1601287a.pdf

"For instance, Khandare et al.15 found that
even though tamarind had a beneficial
effect on fluorosis, practices such as the
use of aluminium utensils for cooking
and storage, and smoking aggravated the
problem. Studies have also shown that
fluoride retention is greater in jowar and
sorghum-eating populations compared to
those with rice and wheat-based diets14.
In fact, a recent community-based controlled
study carried out in a village in
North Karnataka showed that children
who consumed jowar had 2.7 times
greater risk of getting severe dental
fluorosis compared to those who did not19."

FmitigatedTamarind.pdf

"A significant reduction in serum fluoride and
urine fluoride levels was noted in patients treated with
calcium, vitamin D3, and ascorbic acid‑vitamin D3."

http://www.jnsbm.org/temp/JNatScBiolMed41138-7521592_205335.pdf

Attachments

• FmitigatedTamarind.pdf
    103 KB · Views: 43
  • Tamarind 1601287a.pdf
    72.1 KB · Views: 53

Travis

dand

I think this topic is pretty fascinating given that the government is essentially directly ******* up our health. I had experimented with thyroid before but never in high doses like 10-15 grams a day and it is definitely dopaminergic, pro-libido, and pro-metabolic. This is a great find so thank you for sharing. I am still drinking the coffee that is made with tap water at my office, but I am not sure I can knowingly do it much longer, lol. The good news is that if you're supplementing with taurine, it appears to not matter as much. Great stuff!

Amazoniac

There is a journal called "Fluoride: Quarterly Journal of the International Society for Fluoride Research" for anyone interested. Here is one issue: http://www.naturallifeenergy.com/files/borox-effect-skeletal-fluorosis.pdf

If you notice the citations at the bottom of the Borax/Fluorosis Article, you will see that it has been tested as an antidote many times. I believe Boron to be one of the more effective anti-fluoride compounds.

It appears to acts as a chelator of sorts, forming Boron Tetrafluoride (BF4) which is excreted by the kidneys. There has to be at least 10 articles on Boron and Fluoride in that Journal, but I have only read two of them. Perhaps someday I will read them all.
..and a legend was born.

http://mileswmathis.com/org.pdf

Travis

I really like Miles Mathis' theory on light. If you read his one about colour and prisms, things start to fall into place. I think his explanation for how a prism separates light is perfect.

So after reading a few of his bombshell articles, I scrolled-down to notice that he has hundreds of such articles. The first feeling is always astonishment—"How could one person find so many errors in physics?"—which then fades into a bit of skepticism. But after reading a few more good ones, you are left even more astonished.

But you will come across one, someday, that seems a bit . ..contrived. He uses a strawman in this article, and gives-in to showmanship: Rewriting the Schrodinger Equation ―Miles Mathis

. ..in which attacks the Shrödinger Equation. I call attention to this excerpt, copy-pasted verbatim:
Where T is the kinetic energy and V is the potential energy. The Hamiltonian is therefore simply an expression of the total energy of whatever it is applied to. To lead you through the first part of this, I will refer to Linus Pauling's Introduction to Quantum Mechanics, Dover edition. We start on page 54. Pauling starts by expressing the kinetic energy in terms of momentum p: H(px, x) = px 2 /2m + V(x) = W He now says If we now arbitrarily replace p by the differential operator (h/2πi)(∂/∂x) and W by -(h/2πi)(∂/∂x) and introduce the function Ψ(x, t) on which these operators can operate, we get the Schrödinger equation. That was a magnificent fudge, though poorly hidden. To “arbitrarily” insert the wavefunction in that manner must imply that W = -p. Let's see if that can work: W = px 2 /2m + V(x) W = -W2 /2m + V(x) = W2 /2m + V(x) T = W2 /2m = H2 /2m
It's true, this is in the Dover edition—however! . ..I feel that it's taken out of context.

By reading the Mathis article, you get the impression that Linus Pauling was attempting a derivation. This is simply not the case. Here is an excerpt from INTRODUCTION TO QUANTUM MECHANICS With Applications to Chemistry by Linus Pauling, Dover edition.

pauling.png

He is not even attempting a derivation; he is merely showing how it's analogous to the Hamiltonian—a way to basically just say "conservation of energy," since H equals the sum of kinetic and potential energies. Some people find it helpful in visualizing the Schrodinger equation this way.

This is an introductory book on quantum physics for chemistry students, so the derivation is omitted. The derivation is also omitted in most chemistry textbooks which include it.

Ignoring the almost strawman-type introduction—even worse because he picks on Pauling, of all others—does Mathis have a point? Perhaps he does. I was expecting him to attack the angular momentum factor since he's written about that before, but he seems more concerned about internal consistency.

But the Hamiltonian is not even always used in deriving the Shrödinger Equation, it can also be derived in a very straight-forward manner by using the solution (ψ) to the classical wave equation—Yes, the very same ancient wave equation initially solved by d'Alembert over 200 years ago—in addition to the Planck's relation and d'Broglie's hypothesis.

I hope you can agree that this can be done in a straight-forward manner:
It can also be derived by using Maxwell's Equations—equations which Mathis has written about favorably in articles. This derivation is totally Hamiltonian-independent and arrives at the same thing.
But he chose to use a brief comparison, done by Pauling for heuristic reasons, between the the Hamiltonian and the Shrödinger Equation as the basis for his deep and profound criticism of the Shrödinger Equation. Not only that, but he takes it out of context and presents it as a derivation—even giving the impression that Linus Pauling was being deceptive. This is almost certainly not the case.

If anyone thinks Pauling lacked the knowledge to have written a book on quantum mechanics, then have a look at this.
Where did we get that [equation] from? Nowhere. It is not possible to derive it from anything you know. It came out of the mind of Schrödinger. ―Feynman
Just to give you an idea of how ridiculous this quote is by Feynman, the Shrödinger Equation had even been derived even before Shrödinger. It was done first by Arthur C. Lunn of the University of Chicago.

*The full text—and thousands more—can be read at scribd.com, for $7.99/mo.

Last edited:

Collden

15mg/kg is basically what you get in a can of Red Bull and other energy drinks, why are the observed health effects of energy drink consumption overwhelmingly negative if Taurine is so beneficial?

Collden

Why do you consider them to be negative?
Just search pubmed for studies on energy drink consumption, most of them link their consumption to poor health, especially mental health, you’d be hard pressed to find any study showing beneficial effects of energy drink consumption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals