Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Abcdefgmo

Also, copper and iron are the biggest culprits behind producing ROS reactive oxygen species via Fenton reaction

orangebear

@Abcdefgmo I wouldn't be surprised if high iron and/or copper are also responsible for EMF sensitivity since those metals are highly magnetic and conductive, respectively.

Motorneuron

@Abcdefgmo Isn't anemia related to low levels of these minerals? at least in blood/plasma ?

Abcdefgmo

@Abcdefgmo Isn't anemia related to low levels of these minerals? at least in blood/plasma ?

Anemia could be from infection and inflammation, and too much iron and copper causes inflammation and messes with the immune system
The body sequesters nutrients like iron to protect you from pathogens

Ceruloplasmin (copper and iron regulator) is made in the liver and the adrenals have to signal the liver
Too much copper and iron mess with the liver and adrenals

If you're anemic, try taking adaptogens

highly recommend getting those nutrients from foods anyways, never supplement those 3 imo, I have experience with all 3

Last edited:

Motorneuron

@Abcdefgmo
I remain of the opinion that every organ / tissue will always reflect true values and you can only obtain this through a targeted biopsy, certainly not from these "useless numbers" found in the blood / plasma / urine / saliva / hair.

Sure, they can give you the big picture if analyzed in full…but that's only one piece of the puzzle.

Abcdefgmo

@Abcdefgmo
I remain of the opinion that every organ / tissue will always reflect true values and you can only obtain this through a targeted biopsy, certainly not from these "useless numbers" found in the blood / plasma / urine / saliva / hair.

Sure, they can give you the big picture if analyzed in full…but that's only one piece of the puzzle.

I'm still undecided about copper, because maybe its inorganic copper from food / supplements showing up on those tests, while food copper is missing because of the soils and GMOs

I know for a fact Iron toxicity is huge, and so I think we need to be aware of copper / ceruloplasmin status since they're related to iron homeostasis

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Anyone have any thoughts about having eggs on the low vitamin A diet? There seems to be a schism in the low A groups. Andrew B is presenting it as helping with the detox due to the choline in the eggs. The other side of the coin says that the choline makes the liver hold onto vitamin A. However those adding in eggs seem to go into a heavier detox which would indicate that the opposite is happening.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Anyone have any thoughts about having eggs on the low vitamin A diet? There seems to be a schism in the low A groups. Andrew B is presenting it as helping with the detox due to the choline in the eggs. The other side of the coin says that the choline makes the liver hold onto vitamin A. However those adding in eggs seem to go into a heavier detox which would indicate that the opposite is happening.
I’m eating eggs 2-4 times per week on average and I’m doing fine with them. I’ve been generally low a (occasionally veering into the moderate range) since mid 2018 though so quite a while. I tolerate eggs much better than I did in the first 9 months. I tolerate small amounts of dairy occasionally too but I can’t have it as a staple. That’s just my experience.

moa

yes @charlie , i have had great results from vitamin a toxicity using 6 eggs per day for 8 months, 12 per day the first 3 weeks.( look my previous post, why now i stopped eating them daily)

Yes, they contain some vitamin a, but I've if the things with vitamin a toxicity is zinc depletion, choline deficiency in the nervous system at least, and maybe over methylation problems.

I'm not afraid of copper.

it seems to me, that the choline content is more beneficial than the small amount of vitamin a, in case of vitamin a toxicity, as long as you take zinc with it too.

vitamin a toxicity symptoms are basically the same as acetylcholine deficiency, am i wrong ? especially regarding gut pain and spasms.

orangebear

I've been trying eggs for the past 2 months or so, but I also took a business trip (1 week) and vacay (another week) to California and ended up eating a good number of things I usually avoid, especially during the business portion of the trip. When I got back to Virginia I caught a flu, and then the week after I had some rather intense detox symptoms. The question is how much of it was due to the eggs and how much was due to going back to low vA after eating a lot of less than ideal things while traveling coming back to bite me in the butt? At this point it's hard to say but I seem to go between some days of feeling relatively fine to other days having bad sleep and gut inflammation, presumably from toxic bile dumping. It'll probably take some time to sort out what's what. I have noticed a bit less swelling in my hands, feet, and ankles since starting the eggs, but so far it's pretty subtle. I generally do about 2 eggs per day.

Sitaruîm

Apparently some people simply need more choline than others.
According to user redsun, men have a higher requirement than women, do to its synthesis being dependent on estrogen. People of European ancestry have a higher requirement than other populations due to historically consuming high amounts of it, which probably led to a downregulation of its endogenous production

nikotrope

I have the genetic issue that makes choline requirement higher.

Even though I haven't been strict low vA, I avoided eggs because I don't like them very much. I decided to eat more of them a couple of months ago. I haven't felt any effect but maybe because it was not enough and too irregularly.

I've been taking a cdp-choline supplement for one week and I'm noticing a lot of improvements: less hungry, better blood sugar stability, more energy, better body temperature regulation, almost ghost wipes.

This would indicate better liver health.

I started lactoferrin a few months ago and got the same improvements to a lesser degree so I'm happy that combining with choline makes for a great combo (at least for me).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have the genetic issue that makes choline requirement higher.

Even though I haven't been strict low vA, I avoided eggs because I don't like them very much. I decided to eat more of them a couple of months ago. I haven't felt any effect but maybe because it was not enough and too irregularly.

I've been taking a cdp-choline supplement for one week and I'm noticing a lot of improvements: less hungry, better blood sugar stability, more energy, better body temperature regulation, almost ghost wipes.

This would indicate better liver health.

I started lactoferrin a few months ago and got the same improvements to a lesser degree so I'm happy that combining with choline makes for a great combo (at least for me).
That’s fantastic. I have an increased requirement too and I’m just not that fond of eggs.
i don't have those snps tested on my 23andme v4 old test.

maybe i should get a complete genome from nebula genomics soon.
Sounds like a good plan. Keep us posted on your experience and what you learn if you don’t mind.
According to user redsun, men have a higher requirement than women, do to its synthesis being dependent on estrogen. People of European ancestry have a higher requirement than other populations due to historically consuming high amounts of it, which probably led to a downregulation of its endogenous production
Thanks man, yes he’s really knowledgeable and I’m so appreciative of his contributions. There was a link here to Masterjohn’s site where you could estimate your choline requirements and it estimated I needed the equivalent of 7 eggs per day! There’s just no way.

moa

I needed the equivalent of 7 eggs per day! There’s just no way.
i did 6 eggs per day for 8 months.

it's a lot, it gives most of your protein needs with 20g of added gelatin.

the white is disgusting after you've eaten 8 months 6 eggs per day.

at the end, before stopping,i was eating only half of the whites, the rest to the garbage, and yellow are ok.

you can eat only the yellow part ( yoks i think are they called ?)

but that's wasting too much.

i think the real requirement of choline if you don't drink alcohol or eat pufa or have other bad condition, is maybe only about 2 eggs per day, and really maybe only one egg, if your other food contain some.

in my case i was not eating any, cause i was low meat, zero eggs , rarely any beans or broccoli.... so my intake was less than 30mg i think, before i started 6 eggs.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@moa, yikes that’s dedication! I do eat plenty of meat so that probably helps. My motto for myself is that if a food is repulsive I take it as a sign that I don’t need to eat it!

moa

@Blossom , that's why i stopped eating that often, cause i felt i had enaught, but the first 2 months they were very tasty actually, i was craving them, then gradually lost the taste.

orangebear

I eat 2 eggs per day right now but I probably would have no problem with more in terms of taste. I generally enjoy eggs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals