Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Vanset

I have never had the eggshell powder go bad. I’ve been using it for about 8 years. I do boil the shells and dry them in the oven before I grind them. I also make sure my hands are clean when I’m handling them but other than that I don’t do anything special.
Thank you again. Excited to start. With this method I get to keep the 'no supplements' badge as well.

Jib

Yes alot of us are living out of alignment. I'm almost convinced all health issues stem from a lack of alignment, if you want to be 'healthy' all areas of life need to be in alignment with that so it becomes who you are not just "I eat clean!" but your life is a total mess, you are swimming against the current. If you were picking your own fruit and veg you'd be outside in the sun maybe even barefoot. Not wearing glasses, living under LED lights, popping vitamin D caps starring at a screen all day to then pin all your aliments on Vitamin A toxicity and never eat orange fruits again because of it.

View: https://twitter.com/_tolma/status/1560979733357428736

Agreed. I've been doing Garrett's Love Your Liver program for months now with good results, but still keeping up with my usual health interest.

The Lillipad squatting platform in the bathroom is the best I've found. Very clear and obvious that we were meant to go into a full, deep squat for that purpose. Garrett talks about how we eliminate toxic bile through going to the bathroom. But hasn't mentioned squatting, where you guarantee the fullest elimination possible. I've been using one of those platforms for many, many years now. Then you have sleep posture.

And lately, after a lower back injury, I've been doing Ryan Peebles' "Core Balance Training" program. Revolutionary stuff. In my opinion the guy is a genius and his concept of activating the deep core to protect the back, and 'breathing into the back' -- and front and back anchor concepts -- is brilliant. It's only been 1 week for me and I've already gotten tremendous value out of that one week, just doing the breathing exercise and the "push away" concepts, as well as an introduction to the hip bridge done in a way I never imagined before.

There's also the Knee Over Toes Guy (Garrett is a big fan -- I remember starting up on his program before he blew up and was very small on Instagram), GOATA movement, the "Secret of Athleticism" guy (Chong Xie) who mentions the "Hyper Arch Mechanism." Esther Gokhale's thoughts on posture and movement.

And that's to say nothing of sunlight, as you mentioned, and the damaging effects of blue light. I've been using f.lux on my computer for many years and it really does help a lot. I can't imagine using a computer at night without using that. You'd be surprised at how orange you have to make the screen to create circadian darkness. Using blue blocking glasses also works but I prefer f.lux or a combination of both.

Shoes. Beds. Seated toilets. Chairs with backs. All these things we have for "comfort" that have severely compromised our health, and that's all just "movement" based. Nutritionally, our soils are depleted, the air and water are full of microplastics and toxins. We're being bombarded from every angle.

Mental/emotional, Robert Smith's "Eutaptics" or "Faster EFT" is the best I've found. It's kind of corny but it works, and is very serious. First learned that about 8 years ago. Life changing stuff.

And yes, always go your own way. True health is a result of a collective of brilliant minds specializing in different areas. Nutrition, Movement and Supplements/Drugs just about sums up most of it though. We need to eat every day, and we need to move every day. How we do those matters. Supplements/Drugs are just that -- substances we can use in addition to nutrition and movement.

I'd consider essential minerals to be part of "nutrition" rather than supplements. Supplements/drugs I think more of like aspirin, methylene blue, high dose B-vitamins -- things that are not essential to survival but may provide particular benefits. Most people make the mistake of ignoring the nutrition/movement and jumping right into supplements/drugs.

All the magnesium in the world isn't going to fix poor posture and movement habits contributing to spinal degeneration, for example. There are so many angles to consider. Agreed...very important to avoid "guru" mentality and keep our own selves and our own thoughts and experiences in mind.

InChristAlone

I wish sunlight was a cure for me :( I used to think it was the end all be all, but after moving to Florida and spending loads of time in the blaring hot sun, I don't notice much other than maybe increased mood and lack of colds/flu which albeit is very important, but I was hoping it would cure my genital psoriasis. I recently spent many days in the sun with my family on a vacation and it actually got worse! To the point I woke up with itchy pain in my butt crack. There was some stress on this vacation because whenever family is involved there are family systems enmeshment anxiety stuff. So I am chalking it up to that even though we all had a good time. So first priority is elimination diet, though I'm not focused on vitamin A much anymore other than not consuming liver or supps, nightshades are first to go. Studies show they can cause leaky gut.

TheCalciumCad

All the magnesium in the world isn't going to fix poor posture and movement habits contributing to spinal degeneration, for example. There are so many angles to consider. Agreed...very important to avoid "guru" mentality and keep our own selves and our own thoughts and experiences in mind.

Even posture goes back to a lack of breast feeding and hard foods while developing which causes poor craniofacial development, meaning later in life you will have predisposition for bad posture (and hair loss if you're a man) if triggered by poor lifestyle habits. This goes back to a lack of alignment with nature as being breast fed is what gives us all proper tongue posture and early transition to hard foods develop beautiful bone structure. I just find all gurus overcompensate with nutrition to mask their own emotional issues. Nutrition is important (30% max) but healing our emotional state and improving quality of life should be the focus not the obsessing over the body.

orangebear

Yes, I still use them and have never noticed any problems whatsoever.
I tried coral calcium for a while and at first I felt better with it but then I started getting some anxiety with it so I've stopped it for now. Not sure why and I didn't seem the have the same effect hen I consumed a lot of dairy. Perhaps it's just a current predisposition to hypercalcemia?

InChristAlone

Even posture goes back to a lack of breast feeding and hard foods while developing which causes poor craniofacial development, meaning later in life you will have predisposition for bad posture (and hair loss if you're a man) if triggered by poor lifestyle habits. This goes back to a lack of alignment with nature as being breast fed is what gives us all proper tongue posture and early transition to hard foods develop beautiful bone structure. I just find all gurus overcompensate with nutrition to mask their own emotional issues. Nutrition is important (30% max) but healing our emotional state and improving quality of life should be the focus not the obsessing over the body.
Lifestyle choices can cancel out breastfeeding. I breastfed my kids for YEARS. Turns out my first born is slightly autistic and loves the computer. His posture is awful and his jaw is becoming more recessed. The second child is developing a better jaw but he has allergies so I'm afraid it will cause more mouth breathing at night and lead to recessed jaw despite all my effort as a Mom to give them the best start to life.

Also a word about emotions I absolutely agree emotional health is imperative but won't necessarily cancel out severe food intolerances. I just read a story of a lady in the nightshade facebook group who was severely anxious and depressed for yrs had lots of panic attacks, turns out it wasn't her emotions, she cut out nightshades and was 100% cured. The anxiety returns when she gets "shaded"

TheCalciumCad

Lifestyle choices can cancel out breastfeeding. I breastfed my kids for YEARS. Turns out my first born is slightly autistic and loves the computer. His posture is awful and his jaw is becoming more recessed. The second child is developing a better jaw but he has allergies so I'm afraid it will cause more mouth breathing at night and lead to recessed jaw despite all my effort as a Mom to give them the best start to life.

Also a word about emotions I absolutely agree emotional health is imperative but won't necessarily cancel out severe food intolerances. I just read a story of a lady in the nightshade facebook group who was severely anxious and depressed for yrs had lots of panic attacks, turns out it wasn't her emotions, she cut out nightshades and was 100% cured. The anxiety returns when she gets "shaded"

Have you ever done a heavy metals test? we inherit our parents heavy metal contamination to a degree which are what feed viral infections outside of bad food choices an stress. Most have in born mineral deficiencies aswell due to our soil being heavily depleted of key minerals. I just keep nutrition very simple now theres too many contradictions and I'm not smart enough or interested enough at this point lol. Deep work or letting go of negative emotions is undervalued as it makes you less vulnerable to stress which has downstream effects helping organs function better and nutrition less important. My weakness is really sunlight as I live in England and dread winter every year.

InChristAlone

Have you ever done a heavy metals test? we inherit our parents heavy metal contamination to a degree which are what feed viral infections outside of bad food choices an stress. Most have in born mineral deficiencies aswell due to our soil being heavily depleted of key minerals. I just keep nutrition very simple now theres too many contradictions and I'm not smart enough or interested enough at this point lol. Deep work or letting go of negative emotions is undervalued as it makes you less vulnerable to stress which has downstream effects helping organs function better and nutrition less important. My weakness is really sunlight as I live in England and dread winter every year.
No, just HTMA which didn't show much. I do have amalgam fillings so I think that is a factor. Plus I became very thin breastfeeding so I could have been dumping lead from my bones into my breastmilk. But my kids are doing very well right now so life is generally good.

I hear ya on the sunlight, I suffered through winters my entire life, I generally do much better in the winter in the South now.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I tried coral calcium for a while and at first I felt better with it but then I started getting some anxiety with it so I've stopped it for now. Not sure why and I didn't seem the have the same effect hen I consumed a lot of dairy. Perhaps it's just a current predisposition to hypercalcemia?
Could be. I only seem to need about 1/4 tsp these days. I’ve been either low-low/moderate A for 4 years now so I think I’m definitely through the worst of it.

Jib

Facial structure changes, sure. All of these early experiences play a huge role. Our focus has to be on what we can do now.

Circumcision (male genital mutilation) also sucks. Any time I think about it, I wish I still had all the functionality I was intended to. No frenulum, no sensitivity at all where it should be most sensitive, etc. Same with mercury fillings. There's no going back once all these toxins are in the body. Even if I fully recovered by some miracle, my life simply is what it's been. And a large part of that is the accumulation of all kinds of trauma.

What we *can* do, movement and nutrition wise, is huge. I've seen this myself firsthand in quality of life improvements. Activating the deep core is the real key to posture. Can't recommend Core Balance Training enough. The problem is we forget how to move. It's based on how babies move and their primary focus is their core. Their limbs have very little to zero strength but their cores are extremely powerful given their size. It's all they have to pivot off of and pivot around and the basis of their movement originates from the core. As we get older we lose that connection unless we're taught to maintain it. Amazing that many people with slipped/herniated discs and dessicated/bulging discs like me have had a lot of success just working on re-awakening these deep muscles and seeing our posture basically fix itself.

Basically the problem is most people are "go, go, go" and try to push themselves harder and harder without 'fixing the machine,' so to speak. Like trying to drive a race car at full speed when the oil is filthy, the tires are nearly bald and the engine is overheating. Better to fix that stuff first before trying to push so hard. Or even just give up on trying to push so hard altogether. Sometimes the damage is so extensive that we really have to let go of trying to get back to doing the things we want to do.

Not giving up hope, but accepting that we need a break and time to heal. Pain, mental or physical, is our body's warning sign that the systems are breaking down and need to be repaired. A toxin or toxic behavior or movement might need to be eliminated, or something might need to take its place.

For me, using backless chairs and sleeping on the floor for something like 15 years has been a game changer. Still dealing with issues like an umbilical hernia and some bulging discs. Hoping surgery is not necessary but it can get to a point where it is. I think it's worth trying everything you can first. Psychic injuries can be just as bad. Have to have the right tools to deal with all these things.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Another carnivore gets sick from eating liver.

“Late Game Change to Intervention Diet​

Originally, the intervention diet was supposed to include 75g~ of raw beef liver per day. However, after a couple weeks, I began to feel averse to eating it. I continued eating it, as part of the experiment design, however this rapidly turned into nausea after consuming it at meals.

On 6/17 the reaction to eating the liver escalated into becoming physically ill after eating it. In order to make sure I could continue the experiment, I decided to discontinue liver consumption for the duration of the experiment.

I’m not sure why this happened, exactly, as the reaction was disimilar to food poisoning, especially as the reaction increased over time. Some I’ve spoken to have speculated the aversion may have been due to being “topped off” on a certain nutrient (or nutrients) found in liver, but I have no way of verifying this.”

Perry Staltic

Originally, the intervention diet was supposed to include 75g~ of raw beef liver per day. However, after a couple weeks, I began to feel averse to eating it. I continued eating it, as part of the experiment design, however this rapidly turned into nausea after consuming it at meals.

lol that happens to me after one bite of cooked liver, Can't even imagine eating raw liver. ugh!

Vanset

Another carnivore gets sick from eating liver.

“Late Game Change to Intervention Diet​

On 6/17 the reaction to eating the liver escalated into becoming physically ill after eating it. In order to make sure I could continue the experiment, I decided to discontinue liver consumption for the duration of the experiment.

I’m not sure why this happened, exactly, as the reaction was disimilar to food poisoning, especially as the reaction increased over time. Some I’ve spoken to have speculated the aversion may have been due to being “topped off” on a certain nutrient (or nutrients) found in liver, but I have no way of verifying this.”
Yeah. I had to cut my little low vitamin A experiment short and I have gone back to eating 6 eggs daily and my face has become dry as hell again. I mean scaly thick skin I can break off from my nose. That's around 2k of retinol a day. I'm never eating a piece of liver again that's for sure.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah. I had to cut my little low vitamin A experiment short and I have gone back to eating 6 eggs daily and my face has become dry as hell again. I mean scaly thick skin I can break off from my nose. That's around 2k of retinol a day. I'm never eating a piece of liver again that's for sure.
I’m so sorry about your skin!
I’ve settled at 2-3 eggs a couple times per week for now. A small-moderate amount doesn’t seem to impact me either way at this point. I might change my tune in November after I get labs but for now I’m in a holding pattern and sticking with eating what helps me feel decent. My pots/dysautonomia is basically finally in remission so I’m not going to change a thing unless/until I have an indication from labs that I need to do so.

Vanset

I’m so sorry about your skin!
I’ve settled at 2-3 eggs a couple times per week for now. A small-moderate amount doesn’t seem to impact me either way at this point. I might change my tune in November after I get labs but for now I’m in a holding pattern and sticking with eating what helps me feel decent. My pots/dysautonomia is basically finally in remission so I’m not going to change a thing unless/until I have an indication from labs that I need to do so.
Are you doing carnivore?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Are you doing carnivore?
Yes, I’m back on it currently after my recent experience with POTS/dysautonomia after my husband was vaxed and my blood pressure tanked and stayed that way from April-July. I did it before and had good results but didn’t think it was ideal long term so I had started experimenting with omnivore late last year for a few months and again in the spring. Who knows maybe the whole mess was from quitting carnivore in the first place and the vax shedding was a coincidence that coincided with the timing. That’s why I’m going to get labs in November.

Vanset

Yes, I’m back on it currently after my recent experience with POTS/dysautonomia after my husband was vaxed and my blood pressure tanked and stayed that way from April-July. I did it before and had good results but didn’t think it was ideal long term so I had started experimenting with omnivore late last year for a few months and again in the spring. Who knows maybe the whole mess was from quitting carnivore in the first place and the vax shedding was a coincidence that coincided with the timing. That’s why I’m going to get labs in November.
Wish you a quick recovery to your optimum self.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals