Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Vanset

I have just now realized that eating just the six eggs 365 days a year is equivalent to eating 150g of beef liver a month according to cronometer retinol values. Is this really safe over the course of, let's say, 5 years?

Make no mistake I don't think it's a poison or anything, but clearly it's very easy to overdo it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have just now realized that eating just the six eggs 365 days a year is equivalent to eating 150g of beef liver a month according to cronometer retinol values. Is this really safe over the course of, let's say, 5 years?

Make no mistake I don't think it's a poison or anything, but clearly it's very easy to overdo it.
Yes, it seems very easy to overdo. I personally think it probably depends on your overall general health. That much shouldn’t be a problem but what is becoming quite clear in my opinion is that our individual context has a huge impact on how much we can tolerate. Age, nutritional status, other health problems, lifestyle and whether we have used supplements or medications in the past seem to play a role in how much we can tolerate.

Perry Staltic

150 g is a little over 5 ounces. That seems like a serving size for one meal.

Vanset

Yes, it seems very easy to overdo. I personally think it probably depends on your overall general health. That much shouldn’t be a problem but what is becoming quite clear in my opinion is that our individual context has a huge impact on how much we can tolerate. Age, nutritional status, other health problems, lifestyle and whether we have used supplements or medications in the past seem to play a role in how much we can tolerate.
You're right. I just need to finally get the blood test done and stop being paranoid.

aniciete

Interesting how after 3 months of avoiding retinol with the exception of eggs here and there my VA levels barely budged. Also got copious amounts of sunlight which didn’t even make a dent on my low vitamin d levels.

Attachments

• 0146F586-2F48-469E-AF60-DF97610EBDD4.jpeg
    0146F586-2F48-469E-AF60-DF97610EBDD4.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 8851155D-E3B5-4C0D-866B-59AB61B0A599.jpeg
    8851155D-E3B5-4C0D-866B-59AB61B0A599.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 47

InChristAlone

Interesting how after 3 months of avoiding retinol with the exception of eggs here and there my VA levels barely budged. Also got copious amounts of sunlight which didn’t even make a dent on my low vitamin d levels.
Do you have a thyroid test? Seems more likely low thyroid. Vitamin D and thyroid are parallel and also not being able to use vitamin A is a sign of low thyroid.

aniciete

Do you have a thyroid test? Seems more likely low thyroid. Vitamin D and thyroid are parallel and also not being able to use vitamin A is a sign of low thyroid.
Never had one before. My temps are always good, hovering around 99 in summer. If anything my health has been downhill since eating this diet of rice and beef. I’m pretty sure I have a bad b2 deficiency which I’ve read is needed to activate vitamin d. Lots of sunlight would coincidentally make this worse too. Last 3 months my tongue has started scalloping and has a crack on it for the first time in my life while being on this diet.

Vanset

Spooky stuff.

InChristAlone

Never had one before. My temps are always good, hovering around 99 in summer. If anything my health has been downhill since eating this diet of rice and beef. I’m pretty sure I have a bad b2 deficiency which I’ve read is needed to activate vitamin d. Lots of sunlight would coincidentally make this worse too. Last 3 months my tongue has started scalloping and has a crack on it for the first time in my life while being on this diet.
Yeah I wouldn't recommend only rice and beef. Rice is an extremely nutrient poor food and can cause b vitamin deficiencies.

aniciete

Yeah I wouldn't recommend only rice and beef. Rice is an extremely nutrient poor food and can cause b vitamin deficiencies.
Yeah I mean I eat other foods too I just structure my diet off of beef and rice rather than dairy and fruit. I’ve noticed pros and cons of both diets but I’m not seeing the improvements I’d like to see. Still getting a lot of the symptoms I was getting before so it’s safe to say this isn’t working too well. Maybe I will get a thyroid panel. Just never really considered it because I’m young.

Ippodrom47

Hi! Can taking vitamin D supplements make vitamin A toxicity way worse? I mean, like a very negative reaction (severe fatigue, irritability/anger, brain fog) to a vitamin d+k2 cream, which never happened before my becoming vitamin A toxic.

youngsinatra

Hi! Can taking vitamin D supplements make vitamin A toxicity way worse? I mean, like a very negative reaction (severe fatigue, irritability/anger, brain fog) to a vitamin d+k2 cream, which never happened before my becoming vitamin A toxic.
According to Dr. Smith vitamin D works in a similar fashion as vitamin A. It raises calcium and lowers potassium, screwing the so-called „thyroid ratio“. (well-known in HTMA as the calcium:potassium ratio; high Ca:K = low thyroid, low Ca:K = high thyroid)

Increasing your potassium intake might help.

Makrosky

According to Dr. Smith vitamin D works in a similar fashion as vitamin A. It raises calcium and lowers potassium, screwing the so-called „thyroid ratio“. (well-known in HTMA as the calcium:potassium ratio; high Ca:K = low thyroid, low Ca:K = high thyroid)

Increasing your potassium intake might help.
Do you have more info about this? A link or something. I always get quite tired from Vitamin D and never could understand whym. All other health parameters increase though, like mood, libido, etc.

I don't get it from natural sunlight/UV light.

S.Seneff

Do you have more info about this? A link or something. I always get quite tired from Vitamin D and never could understand whym. All other health parameters increase though, like mood, libido, etc.

I don't get it from natural sunlight/UV light.
Magnesium ?