Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Lynne

I wasn't going to comment but this nastiness is apalling me. If you knew anything about this family you wouldn't assume they're lying.
(Note that I'm not carnivore and won't be engaging further on this.)
Back to the subject of VA. I hope...

Spokey

I don't think there'd be much reason to lie about the thing that made a person healthier, and I don't see any evidence that plastic surgery would get those results. The opposite actually.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I don’t know if it’s true but if so I’m happy for her. I don’t necessarily like the fact that all the carnivore (and other) followers put such an emphasis on appearance but it’s true that we typically look our best when we are experiencing good health and energy. It’s so rare these days that people seem drawn to it like a magnet.

Tarmander

I wasn't going to comment but this nastiness is apalling me. If you knew anything about this family you wouldn't assume they're lying.
(Note that I'm not carnivore and won't be engaging further on this.)
Back to the subject of VA. I hope...

How is it nasty? I am saving people from embarking on an all meat diet from one example and encouraging further research. I also said I would apologize if I was wrong.

Of course I would not assume anything if I knew anything about them, then I would know and would not need to assume. I am assuming because I do not know anything about them.

Tarmander

Look I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers. Maybe they are telling the truth. I remember reading about this family maybe six months ago when Matt Stone featured them. All I could find was pictures of her, their story, and pictures of their kids playing video games. I want to walk you through my thinking so it doesn't seem like I am being just an ***hole. I am dedicated to finding the best methods of tackling health problems. So their story presents a conundrum.

I found these:
upload_2019-5-23_10-0-53.png

That is her 21 years ago.

upload_2019-5-23_10-1-23.png

This is her after 21 years and 2 kids.

Now is it possible that she is all natural and carnivore diet is the cause? Well yes it is possible. And if it is true, then my God we should be doing everything she is doing because she found the fountain of youth. If that is true right there, she is doing something incredibly right and I would want to know everything she does down to how she cuts her toe nails. How many people have you seen go through two decades and two kids and come out looking like that? I havent.

Or...or...she is maybe not being totally up front with what is going on behind the scenes. The internet is full of image and glam and people selling that. She has an etsy store apparently, although I could not find it. She could make far more money simply telling us how to stop aging.

So in my mind, I have to either believe her and take the carnivore diet seriously as a means of halting aging. Or I can believe Roddy, and the other stories about lowered metabolism, sky rocketing cholesterol, and emotional rollercoasters...and assume that this women is probably not telling the whole truth.

I have to protect my mental state, and that means assuming she is lying...sorry not sorry

Cirion

Carnivore in some respects can provide some benefits, but I do not believe it's the most optimal diet. However, carnivore can also be an awful diet.

Carnivore can be beneficial if beef is the main meat as its low in fernstrom ratio. Carnivore can also be detrimental if higher fernstrom ratio foods are the main choice. Also, carnivore is just too low carb. BUT, carnivore can avoid the "randle cycle" problems , which can be helpful. A low carb/keto diet, while deficient in carbs, is actually more helpful than a mixed fatty (pufa) and carb diet, IMO. And in fact, I think this is why people most people report feeling better on Keto than the standard American diet. The SAD is a randle cycle disaster.

I try to look things through the lens of "What does X diet do correctly" rather than say X diet is the perfect diet, because virtually no one has the ideal diet, and I'm taking the best of what all diets do correctly to make my own optimal diet that doesn't ascribe to ANY "fad-diet" rules (although many of the rules just so happen to follow RP's tenants because he is one of the few to be right on almost everything, but even he isn't infallible).

Also, low stress environment and relationships and consistent sunlight exposure and adequate sleep is all powerful and, to a degree, can overcome even poor dietary choices.

Last edited:

Collden

Tarmander what alternative explanation do you propose? You think plastic surgery can do that?

Tarmander

Tarmander what alternative explanation do you propose? You think plastic surgery can do that?

I have no idea. She seems incredibly healthy and so does her family. She might have had some plastic surgery but it does not seem overly so if she has. I am guessing she has not been a strict carnivore for 20 years though. 20 years of sub 60 blood sugars would destroy your brain, cause all kinds of cortisol and adrenaline, and lead to aging. So if I had to guess, carnivore for awhile, but not 20 years.

Eating all meat while pregnant would be a huge red flag to most doctors, and I know doctors have called CPS on patients for less. So she either didn't go to doctors, lied to them about what she was eating, or didn't eat only meat while she was pregnant.

Just too much could go wrong. 20 years of all meat. Just think of that. Two decades. She is either a beacon of hope for carnivores and all of us....or...

InChristAlone

I have no idea. She seems incredibly healthy and so does her family. She might have had some plastic surgery but it does not seem overly so if she has. I am guessing she has not been a strict carnivore for 20 years though. 20 years of sub 60 blood sugars would destroy your brain, cause all kinds of cortisol and adrenaline, and lead to aging. So if I had to guess, carnivore for awhile, but not 20 years.

Eating all meat while pregnant would be a huge red flag to most doctors, and I know doctors have called CPS on patients for less. So she either didn't go to doctors, lied to them about what she was eating, or didn't eat only meat while she was pregnant.

Just too much could go wrong. 20 years of all meat. Just think of that. Two decades. She is either a beacon of hope for carnivores and all of us....or...
From all those quotes I posted it seems like she got into paleo 20 years ago but it took many years for them to only eat steak and pemmican. My first thought was a lot of cheating though. But she says so many symptoms return if she ate reactive foods.

Cirion

From all those quotes I posted it seems like she got into paleo 20 years ago but it took many years for them to only eat steak and pemmican. My first thought was a lot of cheating though. But she says so many symptoms return if she ate reactive foods.

And there it is. Steak/red meat is pretty much the safest/best meat/protein source. Don't know much about pemmican though.

Red meat has like less than 0.03 fernstrom ratio, from my data gathering, I have found this is about the sweet spot to be for low inflammation.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Is it just me or does anyone else think Mrs. Carnivore looks like she is dressed in a Pebbles costume from the cartoon Flintstones?
It’s almost like someone’s playing a joke.

sladerunner69

Carnivore in some respects can provide some benefits, but I do not believe it's the most optimal diet. However, carnivore can also be an awful diet.

Carnivore can be beneficial if beef is the main meat as its low in fernstrom ratio. Carnivore can also be detrimental if higher fernstrom ratio foods are the main choice. Also, carnivore is just too low carb. BUT, carnivore can avoid the "randle cycle" problems , which can be helpful. A low carb/keto diet, while deficient in carbs, is actually more helpful than a mixed fatty (pufa) and carb diet, IMO. And in fact, I think this is why people most people report feeling better on Keto than the standard American diet. The SAD is a randle cycle disaster.

I try to look things through the lens of "What does X diet do correctly" rather than say X diet is the perfect diet, because virtually no one has the ideal diet, and I'm taking the best of what all diets do correctly to make my own optimal diet that doesn't ascribe to ANY "fad-diet" rules (although many of the rules just so happen to follow RP's tenants because he is one of the few to be right on almost everything, but even he isn't infallible).

Also, low stress environment and relationships and consistent sunlight exposure and adequate sleep is all powerful and, to a degree, can overcome even poor dietary choices.

How do you define the Standard American Diet? Is that mainly hamburgers, hot dogs, Wheaties, steak & potatoes, milkshakes, and coca cola? There was a time when all of those foods were very low in pufa, and would provide a significant amount of carbs (albeit more fat than carbs).

sladerunner69

Look I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers. Maybe they are telling the truth. I remember reading about this family maybe six months ago when Matt Stone featured them. All I could find was pictures of her, their story, and pictures of their kids playing video games. I want to walk you through my thinking so it doesn't seem like I am being just an ***hole. I am dedicated to finding the best methods of tackling health problems. So their story presents a conundrum.

I found these:
View attachment 13286

That is her 21 years ago.

View attachment 13287

This is her after 21 years and 2 kids.

Now is it possible that she is all natural and carnivore diet is the cause? Well yes it is possible. And if it is true, then my God we should be doing everything she is doing because she found the fountain of youth. If that is true right there, she is doing something incredibly right and I would want to know everything she does down to how she cuts her toe nails. How many people have you seen go through two decades and two kids and come out looking like that? I havent.

Or...or...she is maybe not being totally up front with what is going on behind the scenes. The internet is full of image and glam and people selling that. She has an etsy store apparently, although I could not find it. She could make far more money simply telling us how to stop aging.

So in my mind, I have to either believe her and take the carnivore diet seriously as a means of halting aging. Or I can believe Roddy, and the other stories about lowered metabolism, sky rocketing cholesterol, and emotional rollercoasters...and assume that this women is probably not telling the whole truth.

I have to protect my mental state, and that means assuming she is lying...sorry not sorry

I would like to point out the huge disparity in resolution between the two photographs. The photography in the mid 90's had low resolution, and was gentle in how it captured someone's fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. On the contrary, newscasters complain about the high resolution photography and video of today, pointing out how it is so detailed it can exaggerate someone's aging. So in order to reprimand this, models and news anchors and the like have begun using more make-up, and developing better make-up products that can almost completely hide all signs of aging.

It is clear to me that this woman is using a lot of make-up, from her eyes and eyebrows. Perhaps she is using a lot more to cover up her age spots, she does apparently model for a living on her etsy website, and would have adept make-up skills thusly.

She also has the puffy flat skin which is evidence of botox, a simply way to reverse 10-20 years of wrinkles off your face. It is relatively inexpensive and widely available.

Cirion

How do you define the Standard American Diet? Is that mainly hamburgers, hot dogs, Wheaties, steak & potatoes, milkshakes, and coca cola? There was a time when all of those foods were very low in pufa, and would provide a significant amount of carbs (albeit more fat than carbs).

Yeah when I think of the SAD I think of... lots of fast foods (most of which are pufa and/or tryptophan laden and mix the fats with carbs), pasta, wheat, pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, sugar filled sodas, processed cereals/bagels/waffles/pancakes, bacon and eggs, steaks, foods cooked in vegetable oils, cakes, donuts, pastries, doritos, ice cream, with maybe a few token veggies and fruits/salads to try "to be healthy". Basically, I think of the SAD as eating anything and everything, sometimes it might include decent foods but generally not.

sladerunner69

Yeah when I think of the SAD I think of... lots of fast foods (most of which are pufa and/or tryptophan laden and mix the fats with carbs), pasta, wheat, pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, sugar filled sodas, processed cereals/bagels/waffles/pancakes, bacon and eggs, steaks, foods cooked in vegetable oils, cakes, donuts, pastries, doritos, ice cream, with maybe a few token veggies and fruits/salads to try "to be healthy". Basically, I think of the SAD as eating anything and everything, sometimes it might include decent foods but generally not.

Yes I believe you're right, the pufa laden fast food and junk food has disseminated through our culture over the past few decades. The classic standard American diet was much friendlier to the metabolism- take Marilyn Monroe's alleged diet, for instance. She talked about eating beef, eggs, carrots, milk, ice cream, and was reknown for her youthful beauty into her 30's. Also it was very rare to see someone obese on the television or in the cinema until the 1990's, and unheard of in the 1950's. Back then, everyone seemed to be well-structured and healthy, despite all of the booze and cigarettes.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
B694F816-F5A5-4514-8AEC-6283C55DAD89.jpeg I do think the picture of Charlene Andersen isn’t too hard to believe for her age. She probably does have some high quality makeup on but I would too in her shoes knowing she will probably be highly critiqued.
Here’s a candid of myself from a beach vacation at age 43. I think with some planning on the outfit and makeup I could have made myself look as good as her age wise. (Please no insults on my photo). My tan was off the hook and I think that’s spinach in my teeth. :lol:

Last edited:

Lynne

Pet Peeve

View attachment 13293 I do think the picture of Charlene Andersen isn’t too hard to believe for her age. She probably does have on some high quality makeup on but I would too in her shoes knowing she will probably be highly critiqued.
Here’s a candid of myself from a beach vacation at age 43. I think with some planning on the outfit and makeup I could have made myself look as good as her age wise. (Please no insults on my photo). My tan was off the hook and I think that’s spinach in my teeth. :lol:

You look good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals