Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Blossom

Forum Supporter
On the recent interview with RP on One Radio Network Ray reiterated his problem with carotene but said Animal source VA will not cause excess symptoms unless there is insufficient VE intake, which is also the cause of VA deficiency symptoms (the same). Garrett S has written about the importance of VE. Has anyone tried VE foods or supps for VA tox with any success?
Dr. Ray Peat, Ph.D - The Latest Visit With Ray Peat Delivers The Goods - May 21, 2019 - One Radio Network
Thank you @Lynne. I was recommended E but I try to keep supplements to a minimum. I did use some mitolipin I had on hand 1-2 times per week for awhile. I also tried almonds for E and it didn’t go well.
You look good.
Thanks, that was 6.5 years ago.

Tarmander

View attachment 13293 I do think the picture of Charlene Andersen isn’t too hard to believe for her age. She probably does have on some high quality makeup on but I would too in her shoes knowing she will probably be highly critiqued.
Here’s a candid of myself from a beach vacation at age 43. I think with some planning on the outfit and makeup I could have made myself look as good as her age wise. (Please no insults on my photo). My tan was off the hook and I think that’s spinach in my teeth. :lol:
You look great blossom. I didn't mean it was impossible to look good in your 40s...but I doubt you have been eating 20 years of ribeyes leading up to that photo :lol:

Lynne

Thank you @Lynne. I was recommended E but I try to keep supplements to a minimum. I did use some mitolipin I had on hand 1-2 times per week for awhile. I also tried almonds for E and it didn’t go well.

Thanks, that was 6.5 years ago.

Yes, you do look great @Blossom :thumbup: I avoid supps where poss too. I took VE at one stage but it made me bleed more and clot more slowly so I stopped.

It seems hard to get a lot of E through food as, what with the whole Vit E-PUFA cancelling thing, most of the higher VE foods seem to also have quite a lot of PUFA ...

Pet Peeve

Vitamin E seems to help but at the same time I get some side effects from it, sort of a separate kind of brain fog. What about bile diarrhoea? I took some just now, waiting for it to kick in.

Lynne

Vitamin E seems to help but at the same time I get some side effects from it, sort of a separate kind of brain fog. What about bile diarrhoea? I took some just now, waiting for it to kick in.

I think I'll pass on the supps, the side effects sound worse than the potential benefits :sad
I'll have to do some more hunting in the food realm...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think I'll pass on the supps, the side effects sound worse than the potential benefits :sad
I'll have to do some more hunting in the food realm...
I’m trying to avoid supplements if at all possible. I’m not judging anyone who uses them because I’ve taken plenty myself but inevitably I always circle back around to minimal supplements as the best choice for me.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You look great blossom. I didn't mean it was impossible to look good in your 40s...but I doubt you have been eating 20 years of ribeyes leading up to that photo :lol:
No, not at all! I felt terrible in that picture actually. It was when I was paleo. I think what bothers me a little about the carnivore crowd is that they use pictures of people posing with their hot bodies and claim all kinds health improvements but it’s really about looking good. Didn’t you think she looked a little like Pebbles?

InChristAlone

Yes! Flinstones era!
I looked great when I felt like absolute ***t. Now I may not be modelesque anymore but at least my health is in a better place.

Tarmander

No, not at all! I felt terrible in that picture actually. It was when I was paleo. I think what bothers me a little about the carnivore crowd is that they use pictures of people posing with their hot bodies and claim all kinds health improvements but it’s really about looking good. Didn’t you think she looked a little like Pebbles?

Yes...very unnatural in some ways.

Yes! Flinstones era!
I looked great when I felt like absolute ***t. Now I may not be modelesque anymore but at least my health is in a better place.
I have actually thought about this alot. There is something about being exposed to the rawness of life that feels bad, and yet as you are closest to the truth, you look the best...? Or like...you are exposed and so need to be in your best shape to contend with the brutality of life. Something like that.

I felt best in some ways at my fattest and looking the worst. I was blissfully numb. Fat and happy.

I remember when I decided to stop looking so bad, I made the conscious decision that I would be okay feeling bad. I was not wrong. As I lost weight and made the trip back to looking better, I went through a lot of depression and unhappiness. Low vitamin A has been an unbelievable blessing in regards to mood that I never imagined having.

sunraiser

Yes...very unnatural in some ways.

I have actually thought about this alot. There is something about being exposed to the rawness of life that feels bad, and yet as you are closest to the truth, you look the best...? Or like...you are exposed and so need to be in your best shape to contend with the brutality of life. Something like that.

I felt best in some ways at my fattest and looking the worst. I was blissfully numb. Fat and happy.

I remember when I decided to stop looking so bad, I made the conscious decision that I would be okay feeling bad. I was not wrong. As I lost weight and made the trip back to looking better, I went through a lot of depression and unhappiness. Low vitamin A has been an unbelievable blessing in regards to mood that I never imagined having.

I think it must have something to do with freeing up energy to detox heavy metals. I really really think taurine plays a role, not that people should generally supplement it but just that taking other fat solubles will likely undermine part of the thing that's helping.

What do you do for calcium - how much and how often? That's the huge part that seems so unhealthy in all of this.

Also, when people start trying VA again it's probably wise to do it via greens or sweet potato. It'd then allow cofactors to build in place.

I've read a few comments, but is anyone really dedicated to getting torso sunshine? If so, are the effects stark?

I realised I had huge health improvements doing inadvertent low VA a few years ago. I was also working on my feet outside in the sun, but just in a country with no access to good food. It was high pufa also, so pufa likely isn't a culprit.

I think it must have something to do with freeing up energy to detox heavy metals. I really really think taurine plays a role, not that people should generally supplement it but just that taking other fat solubles will likely undermine part of the thing that's helping.

What do you do for calcium - how much and how often? That's the huge part that seems so unhealthy in all of this.

Also, when people start trying VA again it's probably wise to do it via greens or sweet potato. It'd then allow cofactors to build in place.

I've read a few comments, but is anyone really dedicated to getting torso sunshine? If so, are the effects stark?

I realised I had huge health improvements doing inadvertent low VA a few years ago. I was also working on my feet outside in the sun, but just in a country with no access to good food. It was high pufa also, so pufa likely isn't a culprit.
I am getting good amounts of sun here in the sunshine state. The effects for me are mainly better mood, higher temperature and better sleep.

Tarmander

You could be right. I am not sure the cause...heavy metals or what not. I just know that looking better takes more energy and therefore is more difficult. At least in my experience. I think on the other hand life/people support you more the better you look, and so maybe that makes it more sustainable. (Those who have will have more, and those who don't, will have even what they have taken from them).

Every person I have met who thought the Universe was personally supporting them with gifts and opportunities (a spiritual bent) was also good looking. I have not found that belief much in overweight/not good looking people.

I am taking calcium fuctoborate at night which gives a small amount of calcium. Also doing Evian water which has calcium. Other than that, not really focusing on it. Calcium has never really been my friend though all the times I have tried supplementing it.

I am really focused on getting full body sun every day. Try to get 40min- an hour. The effects so far are a great boost in testosterone. Insulin resistance is up, and I am coughing more phlegm up which seems to happen the stricter low VA I go. So not all positive, but I am going to stick with it for a few months and see what happens. I am getting a wicked nice tan though.

I sometimes sneeze in the sun. I looked it up and apparently 25 percent of people have this. You are expelling a breathe at 100 miles per hour. The human body truly is fascinating...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You could be right. I am not sure the cause...heavy metals or what not. I just know that looking better takes more energy and therefore is more difficult. At least in my experience. I think on the other hand life/people support you more the better you look, and so maybe that makes it more sustainable. (Those who have will have more, and those who don't, will have even what they have taken from them).

Every person I have met who thought the Universe was personally supporting them with gifts and opportunities (a spiritual bent) was also good looking. I have not found that belief much in overweight/not good looking people.

I am taking calcium fuctoborate at night which gives a small amount of calcium. Also doing Evian water which has calcium. Other than that, not really focusing on it. Calcium has never really been my friend though all the times I have tried supplementing it.

I am really focused on getting full body sun every day. Try to get 40min- an hour. The effects so far are a great boost in testosterone. Insulin resistance is up, and I am coughing more phlegm up which seems to happen the stricter low VA I go. So not all positive, but I am going to stick with it for a few months and see what happens. I am getting a wicked nice tan though.
The way you describe your cough reminds me of what ex-smokers experience when their lungs are clearing out the old junk and healing. A couple people on lower A including myself have noticed a return of seasonal allergies.

Cirion

Yes! Flinstones era!

I was super ripped at one point in my life, and if you looked at me you would think I was the epitome of health with ripped 6 pack, ripped and jacked arms etc (Plenty of muscle despite half starving myself because I continued to weight train extensively and eat high protein, so I actually looked good and not really like a starved vegan /concentration camp survivor or something). -- Even though I was indeed starving myself. That said, someone on the opposite spectrum is not healthy either (bags under eyes meaning things like excess cortisol/endotoxin for example), and I guarantee people who constantly look tired are not healthy either. A healthy person WILL be vibrant, energetic, confidence, happy, eyes wide open and alert etc. They may or may not be at what we consider the "ideal weight" but I will say, a person in perfect health probably will be lean, as bodyfat is always a result of some kind of stressor either past or present. So even if the stressor is past and gone, it may take time to drop that bodyfat (in a healthy manner anyway). I mean I don't kid myself. I'm fat lol. I'm very fat now, paying the price for all my past "sins" against my body, so it will take me time to get lean again, but I won't ever get lean at the expense of metabolic health again.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I was super ripped at one point in my life, and if you looked at me you would think I was the epitome of health with ripped 6 pack, ripped and jacked arms etc (Plenty of muscle despite half starving myself because I continued to weight train extensively and eat high protein, so I actually looked good and not really like a starved vegan /concentration camp survivor or something). -- Even though I was indeed starving myself. That said, someone on the opposite spectrum is not healthy either (bags under eyes meaning things like excess cortisol/endotoxin for example), and I guarantee people who constantly look tired are not healthy either. A healthy person WILL be vibrant, energetic, confidence, happy, eyes wide open and alert etc. They may or may not be at what we consider the "ideal weight" but I will say, a person in perfect health probably will be lean, as bodyfat is always a result of some kind of stressor either past or present. So even if the stressor is past and gone, it may take time to drop that bodyfat (in a healthy manner anyway). I mean I don't kid myself. I'm fat lol. I'm very fat now, paying the price for all my past "sins" against my body, so it will take me time to get lean again, but I won't ever get lean at the expense of metabolic health again.
I can relate. I’m about 25 pounds heavier now than in that picture from 6.5 years ago. Believe it or not I only weighed 95 back then and sadly so many people were envious of my body. I’d always tell them skinny wasn’t all it was cracked up to be and that I’d rather feel good!
I was mostly that thin from celiac but I don’t think it really matters how your metabolism gets ruined. My doctor at the time recommended paleo and that lead to further weight loss. In an effort to get well at one point I was close to 50 pounds higher than I am now so it took me some time of being overweight/obese until my body finally settled at what seems like a good place for me. I just have a Penn Jillette neck now but otherwise seem to have survived unscathed for the most part.
Hang in there.

Pet Peeve

The way you describe your cough reminds me of what ex-smokers experience when their lungs are clearing out the old junk and healing. A couple people on lower A including myself have noticed a return of seasonal allergies.

Yes, I think the inflammation from VA causes adrenaline and cortisolrelease. I think it contributes to burn out in the end.

Tarmander

I would like that. I think Ray would say it is from intestinal irritation.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes, I think the inflammation from VA causes adrenaline and cortisolrelease. I think it contributes to burn out in the end.
I had them as a kid and into my early twenties so seasonal allergies especially considering where I live might be pretty normal for me when I’m in good health.
I would like that. I think Ray would say it is from intestinal irritation.
:):

Pet Peeve

I had them as a kid and into my early twenties so seasonal allergies especially considering where I live might be pretty normal for me when I’m in good health.

:):

Yes, I mean adrenaline and cortisol masks lung and allergy issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals