Good Quality Vitamin E

sm1693

I have been using Jedward's 95 % Tocopherols Oil as my sole source of vitamin E for around 6 months because it appears to be a high % E and therefore a low % of soybean oil. Also it was cheaper then other brands that appear comparable.

However, I just read on Jedward's website that 1 gram of this oil has 125 IU of alpha tocopherol (I don't believe this was on the website when I bought it).

125 IU per 1 gram seemed extremely low when compared to others, but then I saw the vitamin E concentrations of various oils posted elsewhere on this thread, and it lists alpha-tocopherol from soy being around 7.5 % of total so this is correct; around 75 mg alpha-toc per 1000 mg total vit E. Jedward's gives me 800 mg of gamma-tocopherol for only 75 mg alpha-toc...

***t, I've been looking for BIG results from Vit E, but it seems all the great old-school research used wheat germ E which has a 5:1 ratio alpha:gamma. Soy has a around a 1:11 alpha:gamma. This appears to be yet another negative hit on soy.

All day today I've been having trouble having fun in situations that should be fun. Since I judge my day based on how I am able to express the full range of human emotions, trouble having fun means my day is seriously jacked up.

I just popped out to Sprouts and got their store brand of sunflower derived E (10:1 alpha:gamma), and popped 2 pills totaling 800 IU of alpha-tocopherol. Haha, not 15 minutes later I feel like a champ!! I LOVE learning this stuff!

Many thanks for my current great mood to the digging done by Haidut, j., Suikerbuik, S_S, and others. This forum is such a boon to the health of its members and it strikes me as kinda crazy that all these influential posts and (seemingly) correct health positions are just popping up this year; 2014 seems to be the breakthrough year for this forum for sure!

If my scale still works correctly, "Healthy Origins" 400IU mixed tocopherols product has about fifty percent concentration in the gel. More if whatever amount of gamma, delta and beta there is is significant. The bottle claims "D-alpha-tocopherol 400IU plus mixed tocopherols".

treelady

I have some Natural Factors Vitamin E Succinate 400 IU, d-alpha tocopheryl succinate. I am wondering if anyone has any opinions on that. It has no oils. It muscles tests good for me but then so does my E400 that has veg. oils...

janus

sm1693 said:
I just popped out to Sprouts and got their store brand of sunflower derived E (10:1 alpha:gamma), and popped 2 pills totaling 800 IU of alpha-tocopherol. Haha, not 15 minutes later I feel like a champ!! I LOVE learning this stuff!

The Sprouts brand Sunflower E seems pretty good. Just gelatin, glycerin, water, rosemary extract in the capsule.

Stuart

Does anyone have any thoughts on the tocotrienols?
Most vitamin E supplements. even the better ones, only have the four tocopherols. But there are four tocotrienols as well in Vitamin E.

sm1693

janus said:
sm1693 said:

The Sprouts brand Sunflower E seems pretty good. Just gelatin, glycerin, water, rosemary extract in the capsule.

Yikes, I try not to write like that anymore. It gives people an unbalanced emotional view of supplementation. The effects I felt that time time did not sustain into future experiments, and I actually caused myself massive serotonin irritation by taking too much tocopherol orally for a few weeks.

In hindsight, at least part of the effect I felt was from the rosemary. It is a very powerful compound with a lot of different molecules inside. It is possibly estrogenic, but I'm not sure.

There are other cheaper brands for sunflower alpha tocopherol available online with no extra ingredients.

Dan W

Wow, it surprised me to notice that this thread is over two years old. Pretty soon it's going to start talking back, and appreciating the musical stylings of The Wiggles.

Anyway, I think there's now another good vitamin E option available: Health Natura's vitamin E oil.

I compared its color, viscosity, and taste with a recent Lotioncrafter order, and it's completely indistinguishable. The certificate of analysis looks good, and shows similar tocopherol ratios to Lotioncrafter. Plus it's officially meant to be a supplement, so people can't look at me quizzically for suggesting a lotion ingredient. It also comes in a more-convenient container than Lotioncrafter, with an eyedropper lid for measuring doses.

I'd be curious to hear people's experiences with it, I don't seem to be as sensitive to vitamin E variations as some people.

I just dropped 60€ on Unique E based on Toxinless :cry: I should have read the whole thread :ss

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:
I just dropped 60€ on Unique E based on Toxinless :cry: I should have read the whole thread :ss

You in Europe?? Where about?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:
haidut said:
Such_Saturation said:

Italy :mrgreen:

Good for you! For some reason I thought you were in the US...

haidut said:
Such_Saturation said:
haidut said:
Such_Saturation said:

Italy :mrgreen:

Good for you! For some reason I thought you were in the US...

Well I've been there a few times!

Theo

I used to get vitamin e from wheat germ oil..that was before reading Ray Peat.

Does anyone know of a good vitamins e product i can get from Swansons Vitamins ?

Dan W

Theo said:
Does anyone know of a good vitamins e product i can get from Swansons Vitamins ?
I can't remember what he ultimately used, but j. was doing well with one of the Swanson vitamin E products along with one of the Carlson ones (which it looks like Swanson also sells). I think he was using a combination of products to try to get a particular balance of tocopherols.

Such_Saturation said:
I just dropped 60€ on Unique E based on Toxinless :cry:
If it makes you feel any better, I think Unique E probably just had a weird batch, it's still what I'd personally use if I needed capsules.

Such_Saturation said:

What the F dude?!

All this time, you're a real Italian and you haven't offered to ship over some real Farmalabor cascara segrada?!

http://www.farmalabor.it

By your haircut, I assumed you were a rocker metal-head from the Mid-West. :P

Wait, are you trolling? :think:

Mods, does his IP really say Italy? :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Westside PUFAs said:
Such_Saturation said:

What the F dude?!

All this time, you're a real Italian and you haven't offered to ship over some real Farmalabor cascara segrada?!

Yeah, count me in the suspicious camp:): His English is native-speaker quality and he knows many of the idioms and culture of "US and A". Maybe he is an expatriate or something...

haidut said:
Westside PUFAs said:
Such_Saturation said:

What the F dude?!

Yeah, count me in the suspicious camp:): His English is native-speaker quality and he knows many of the idioms and culture of "US and A". Maybe he is an expatriate or something...

Well it'd be a bit hard to get Bavarian milk every day in Detroit, don't you think :lol: I do have two passports but that's about it... third one should probably come from the land of the internet, honorary. I've been asked to ship that stuff and I will (if the pharmacy will agree to open an account with them), although it would cost you more than just asking your local pharmaceutical professional.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals