Good Quality Vitamin E

Wilfrid

Hi jyb,

Did you try the alpha-tocopherol form only, instead of the mixed ones?
It's seems, though probably empirical, that some people reacts badly to the mixed type and do better on the alpha-toco ones. Bluebell just made an interesting post about it. Part of the answer could, possibly, be the relation between the alpha-tocopherol form and the cytochrome P450 system.
The detoxification system might be enhanced with the alpha-toco form only, while the mixed one could possibly interfere with this process.
Not sure about it,though.

J

j.

haidut, did you get rid of those Unique E vitamin E pills? I've been using them topically with success, even though I reacted badly when I swallowed them.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
j. said:
haidut, did you get rid of those Unique E vitamin E pills? I've been using them topically with success, even though I reacted badly when I swallowed them.

Actually, I called the company and told them of my suspicious of change in quality and that I am not reacting well to them. They asked me to send them back (partially used) for a refund, so I did. That was a while ago.
Right now I use Lotioncraftrer, or the Soy-Free Sun-E.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am using Lotioncrafter applied to my wrists without any trouble. Its been about 4 days now.

J

j.

I'll be buying Unique E, because of money constraints and that it works relatively well if I take it topically, will see if it improved...

Stunning4keke

Stunning4keke

haidut,

here is the list of ingredients in the vitamin E from LotionCrafter and i was wondering if it was okay since it does have sunflower oil, corn, canola and palm oils?

thanks, stunning!

Mixed Tocopherols 95%, Natural Vitamin E is a transparent, brownish-red, viscous oil with a mild characteristic odor. It is a 95% active blend of natural mixed tocopherols isolated from the distillate of commodity grain and seed oils (which may include soybean, sunflower, corn, canola, palm and/or cottonseed) and concentrated to contain naturally occurring d-alpha, d-beta, d-gamma and d-delta tocopherols. Mixed Tocopherols 95% guards against oxidation and extends your product's shelf life naturally.

J

j.

It's isolated and purified, so LotionCrafter is probably good. Keep it refrigerated, I think it will stay good longer that way (this applies to any vitamin E product). You might need those tiny spoons to use it, to take just a bit.

Stilgar

I purchased the NHR organic mixed tocopherol vitamin E oil - referenced at the beginning of this thread. If anyone in the UK is interested, it seems high quality, albeit expensive. Will report back as to whether it seems any good.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
haidut is on vacation right now so it might take a while for him to answer.

Dan W

j., nice find, I sent them some questions about it and will post their response if I hear back.

Stunning, I think the Lotioncrafter is a good default. I believe all three options are from soy, TKOSkin is expensive for the amount you get, and I don't know of anyone who has tried the Jedwards oil. Plenty of people seem happy with Lotioncrafter, myself included.

J

j.

Dan Wich said:
Got a response from ProCaps:
Our Ultimate Gamma Vitamin E is primarily derived from edible vegetable oils, including but not limited to corn, soybean, canola, cottonseed and other oil seeds.

That product is sold at hsn.com. Here's one review:

Returned only because of allergy...
SS317 NY Review Date: 7/22/2011
I am allergic to soy products, such as soybean oil. Caused my hands to swell. Sorry, had to return
Link

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dan Wich said:
j., nice find, I sent them some questions about it and will post their response if I hear back.

Stunning, I think the Lotioncrafter is a good default. I believe all three options are from soy, TKOSkin is expensive for the amount you get, and I don't know of anyone who has tried the Jedwards oil. Plenty of people seem happy with Lotioncrafter, myself included.

I listed those 3 poducts b/c those are the ones I have used withotu problems in the past. However, as we are finding out, humans beings are unique and everybody responds differently. Some people got bad reactions to Lontioncrafter and TKO. I have also used the Swanson product without issues, so that's another option. My general advice is to try 2-3 unrelated products until you find the best one for you.

Btw, I have used the Jedwards oil. It has the same consistency and color as Lotioncrafter and the composition of the different tocopherols is very similar as well - i.e. Jedwards is also high gamma (60%+ I think). However, I seem to detect a faint smell of some sort of alcohol in the Jedwards product that I do not seem to get from the Lotioncrafter one. But when used topically, both products behave pretty similar to me and the Jedwards oil is a better deal money-wise I believe.

Dan W

j. said:
Another Vitamin E product...
GI Pro Health

I asked them about the concentration of the oil and the ratio of the tocopherols, and got a partial answer:

The vitamin E d-α-tocopherol potency is 1,300 IU/g, one mixed tocopherols is 3.3% and the other is 995 IU/g. There is not an easy way of converting the IUs to a %.

We know there is 269.23 mg of d-α-tocopherol plus the amounts in the mixed tocopherols. If we get any additional information on the amounts of the other tocopherols we’ll let you know.

burtlancast

Vinero said:
I have found another good vitamin E supplement from Healthy Origins:
http://www.healthyorigins.com/mm5/merch ... Code=15149

It's high dose (1000 I.U) mixed tocopherols per capsule and other ingredients only gelatin, glycerin and purified water.

Anyone tried this yet? Does it look like a good choice?

I have the 400 version, strong fish taste like others I've tried. I didn't get the 1000 since it was the acetate version. Most 1000 are acetate.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
burtlancast said:
I would like to ask if anyone can post good experiences with UNIQUE E ?

I'm talking about the non-oily version they sell.
(UNIQUE E Mixed Tocopherols Concentrate 120; http://www.acgrace.com/unique-e-vitamin ... -softgels/)
I have used and am still using this product with great results. In all fairness the only other E I have used has been in Progest-e and estro-ban though so I can't make a fair comparison to other products. The biggest difference I noticed when I started using one softgel per day was a decrease in inflammation. I had a painful mouth ulcer reoccur during a stressful family crisis and it was lingering until I started back on the extra AC Grace E that I had on hand. It resolved within a couple days of using the extra E. I may try the lotion crafter vitamin E next but for now I can say for me personally this product has definitely been helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals