Vitamin E Side Effects New Research Data

OP
C

ChrisRay

I remember from one of Ray Peat's interviews that they changed the quality of the Vitamin E decades ago, so this could explain the negative data.

I think even if the quality wasn't low, it's still better on the sparingly side.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7498&p=94803#p94803

"Participants without prostate cancer were monitored every 6 months with an annual limited physical examination including blood pressure, weight, and smoking status; participants who developed prostate cancer during the study were monitored annually thereafter." http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.asp ... 93#METHODS

I don't accept studies like that, where they follow people for a long time, as though you can know what a person did every day for that time, and what their stress levels were, how much they drank, how much pufa they ate. The only data that is valuable to me is controlled human clinical trials.

Okay so the smoker thing and the prostate thing. Sorry but I am not lowering any doses here :ss

pboy

nutrition is like the inverse of the price as right...enough without going under, but the more over from need, the worse it is. Any supplement is gonna have adverse side effects in the long run unless u taking very small occasional doses

peepls got that attitude of SMASH IT IN, POWEEERRRR!!!! a noobish mistake

supercoolguy

ChrisRay said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96455/ I remember from one of Ray Peat's interviews that they changed the quality of the Vitamin E decades ago, so this could explain the negative data.

Squib* used to make a Vit E from Wheat Germ that contain something ????? related to the length of the molecule. Talks about: Q&A on Peaterian site. I can even remember some supps being tiny concentrated gel pellets back in the 70-80s. (Possible potency indicator and a lack of excipients :2cents )

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals