Glutathione

Franesthesia

Hello Ray Peaters-

Looking for some advice here about glutathione injections for clearing mold out of my body.
I think Ray Peat is not a fan of glutathione but unsure as to why.
I have worked with a homeopathic MD who suggested glutathione injections to clear black mold and its toxin: Onchrontoxin A which has been known cause infertility.
Does anyone know or have experience with glutathione?

Eee

Hello Ray Peaters-

Looking for some advice here about glutathione injections for clearing mold out of my body.
I think Ray Peat is not a fan of glutathione but unsure as to why.
I have worked with a homeopathic MD who suggested glutathione injections to clear black mold and its toxin: Onchrontoxin A which has been known cause infertility.
Does anyone know or have experience with glutathione?
Ochratoxin A?

Have never heard of injections for glutathione. But have heard of nebulized and oral pill form. Both of those forms have been used by someone I know to reduce the symptoms of eosinophilic asthma brought on by mycotoxins.

Do you have a known mold exposure? Ochratoxin A can also be present in grains including animal feeds for birds, chickens, etc.

Some other research regarding propolis and honey against Ochratoxin:

Thalgo

Use glyteine (continual-g), easy to get in usa, a pain to get into europe, way way cheaper than iv glutathione and probably far more effective as it actually causes glutathione production in the cell, instead of forcing your body to break down the injected glutathione molecule and reassemble it back up. Must supplement with glycine for best effects, can also add nrf2 pathway support like sulforaphane (broccoli + mustard seeds basically), or a supp like broccomax

Eee

Use glyteine (continual-g), easy to get in usa, a pain to get into europe, way way cheaper than iv glutathione and probably far more effective as it actually causes glutathione production in the cell, instead of forcing your body to break down the injected glutathione molecule and reassemble it back up. Must supplement with glycine for best effects, can also add nrf2 pathway support like sulforaphane (broccoli + mustard seeds basically), or a supp like broccomax
Do you know of a good source for glyteine?

OP
Franesthesia

Franesthesia

Ochratoxin A?

Have never heard of injections for glutathione. But have heard of nebulized and oral pill form. Both of those forms have been used by someone I know to reduce the symptoms of eosinophilic asthma brought on by mycotoxins.

Do you have a known mold exposure? Ochratoxin A can also be present in grains including animal feeds for birds, chickens, etc.

Thanks for your response! Yes the thought is the black mold was in the vents of the AC in the hospital I worked for. I’ve done the nebs but didn’t work as well as the IV injection…one straight push into the vein. The way I was tested was through my urine…urine tests the tissues which is where mold accumulates when inside you a while…at least this is my understanding of it all. I will definitely look into the PO version.
Thank you so much!

Eee

Thanks for your response! Yes the thought is the black mold was in the vents of the AC in the hospital I worked for. I’ve done the nebs but didn’t work as well as the IV injection…one straight push into the vein. The way I was tested was through my urine…urine tests the tissues which is where mold accumulates when inside you a while…at least this is my understanding of it all. I will definitely look into the PO version.
Thank you so much!
I looked into the glyteine that Thalgo mentioned above. It is the compound 'gamma-glutamylcysteine'
Two natural sources are raw milk and egg whites:

Do you have the symptom of a constant runny nose?

Thalgo

Do you know of a good source for glyteine?
There’s only one because it is patented, they grab 2 of the aminoacids that glutathione is made of (glutamine and cysteine) and bind them together. The cells absorb this compound and adds a glycine aminoacid to it, plus a bunch of other stuff, to build glutathione. Apparently the enzyme that binds glutamine and cysteine together is the main limiting factor for glutathione production. My wife takes a single dose of 4 capsules a day to feel the effect, but unless you are that sick a regular dose will probably be enough. You should take it twice a day, but that would be too expensive. You can get it in continual-g.com. If you are importing it to europe you need to use a rerouting service like myus.com. But be prepared to be annoyed by customs.

Edit: apparently is also found in milk and eggs, as per the comment above

CastorTroy

There’s only one because it is patented, they grab 2 of the aminoacids that glutathione is made of (glutamine and cysteine) and bind them together. The cells absorb this compound and adds a glycine aminoacid to it, plus a bunch of other stuff, to build glutathione. Apparently the enzyme that binds glutamine and cysteine together is the main limiting factor for glutathione production. My wife takes a single dose of 4 capsules a day to feel the effect, but unless you are that sick a regular dose will probably be enough. You should take it twice a day, but that would be too expensive. You can get it in continual-g.com. If you are importing it to europe you need to use a rerouting service like myus.com. But be prepared to be annoyed by customs.

Edit: apparently is also found in milk and eggs, as per the comment above

Is that the same disulfide bond that links two cysteines to form cystine, and which is also present in raw milk/egg whites?

Thalgo

I looked into the glyteine that Thalgo mentioned above. It is the compound 'gamma-glutamylcysteine'

Do you have the symptom
It's GCL, a rather anticlimactic name: glutamate cysteine ligase Glutamate–cysteine ligase - Wikipedia

OP
Franesthesia

Franesthesia

Ochratoxin A?

Thanks for the article. Very interesting. I didn’t know that it existed in grains and animal feed. I might have mentioned my mold exposure is likely from AC vents in a hospital since I’m a healthcare worker for over 23 years.

OP
Franesthesia

Franesthesia

I’m in the USA so I’ll definitely look. So continual-g + glycine + sulforaphane/broccomax, correct? Do you recommend a certain brand in any of these?

OP
Franesthesia

Franesthesia

Thanks for the article. Very interesting. I didn’t know that it existed in grains and animal feed. I might have mentioned my mold exposure is likely from AC vents in a hospital since I’m a healthcare worker for over 23 years.
Yes sorry Ochratoxin A and just saw I’m high in Mychophenolic Acid as well.

OP
Franesthesia

Franesthesia

No, I don’t have a constant runny nose. If anything I constantly have one sinus congestion especially when I sleep or eat cow dairy. I was told the dairy-like allergy is likely my low functioning thyroid. My issues are infertility which the homeopathic MD thinks something is blocking the hormones…and fatigue. The homeopathic also put me on Armour for thyroid but I’ve switched to idealabs thyroid medicine.

I’ve had lead in me which was removed my DMSA tablets, then we went into mold and found me to have high levels of Ochratoxin A and Mycophenolic Acid. I did 5-6 rounds of IV glutathione plus 2 months of glutathione nebulizers and I still have high levels of both. I could continue w IV glutathione but it’s pricy. I’d pay it if I knew it would definitely work.

OP
Franesthesia

Franesthesia

Also I thought whey protein was bad for the liver???

Thalgo

I’m in the USA so I’ll definitely look. So continual-g + glycine + sulforaphane/broccomax, correct? Do you recommend a certain brand in any of these?
Continual-g is the brand that sells glyteine. We use life extention glycine capsules (but you can probably find a good powder for much cheaper. High dosing glycine is fine). We use jarrow’s broccomax. We also use quicksilver liposomal glutathione as a ‘’pick me up’’ because it’s easier to source in europe via lifeextentioneurope.com — for lipoglutathione you need to buy from a seller that uses a temperature controlled warehouse and ships with a coldpack, so dont use amazon. Beware that, if memory serves me right, glutathione can deplete somethings in the long run, zinc comes to mind. Zinc on the other hand depletes copper (Mitosynergy copper 1 is best, but oxidizes easily and the remaining capsules need to be discarded).

Be sure to get the glyteine in capsules and not in sachets. They taste so bad that it’s really hard to stomach more than 1 sachet

Thalgo

Also I thought whey protein was bad for the liver???
For mold look into a binder called carboxy by cellcore. It’s a practitioner brand, but some stores allow you to get it without a code. The herxing can be rough, i am told. We havent use it yet, as we are doing their full protocol and are in a earlier part of the protocol

OP
Franesthesia

Franesthesia

Continual-g is the brand that sells glyteine. We use life extention glycine capsules (but you can probably find a good powder for much cheaper. High dosing glycine is fine). We use jarrow’s broccomax. We also use quicksilver liposomal glutathione as a ‘’pick me up’’ because it’s easier to source in europe via lifeextentioneurope.com — for lipoglutathione you need to buy from a seller that uses a temperature controlled warehouse and ships with a coldpack, so dont use amazon. Beware that, if memory serves me right, glutathione can deplete somethings in the long run, zinc comes to mind. Zinc on the other hand depletes copper (Mitosynergy copper 1 is best, but oxidizes easily and the remaining capsules need to be discarded).

Be sure to get the glyteine in capsules and not in sachets. They taste so bad that it’s really hard to stomach more than 1 sachet
Thank you so much! You’ve been super helpful 🙏🏻

tastyfood

I’ve had lead in me which was removed my DMSA tablets, then we went into mold and found me to have high levels of Ochratoxin A and Mycophenolic Acid. I did 5-6 rounds of IV glutathione plus 2 months of glutathione nebulizers and I still have high levels of both. I could continue w IV glutathione but it’s pricy. I’d pay it if I knew it would definitely work.

Did you ever find out the source of Mycophenolic acid in your case? Could it have been from milk? I also tested high for that and aflatoxin M1 which can also be from milk.

OP
Franesthesia

Franesthesia

Did you ever find out the source of Mycophenolic acid in your case? Could it have been from milk? I also tested high for that and aflatoxin M1 which can also be from milk.
No I never found out. That is interesting. I just recently started to drink milk. I stopped for about a decade. Could Mycophenolic Acid stay in the body that long?

tastyfood

No I never found out. That is interesting. I just recently started to drink milk. I stopped for about a decade. Could Mycophenolic Acid stay in the body that long?
It can be from contaminated milk, not milk in general. I recently switched brands to experiment with A2 milk and I wonder if this is what caused the recently elevated results. My first mycotoxins test had zero aflatoxin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals