Canadian Preparation, Self Sustaining Community and Resources

ilovethesea

<facepalm>
I need to be rescued from this country!
I wear a bandana as a mask because I cannot endure wearing those muzzle type masks. I was in a convenience store today and the store owner asks me why I dont wear a proper mask saying these face coverings "are no good". It was all I could do to say "Oh, is that so?" in my most sarcastic tone (which was lost on her), finish my transaction and leave.
Have you tried not wearing one and just saying “I’m exempt” if asked? That’s what I’ve been doing since this nonsense started. Majority of places don’t say a word.

The only time I will wear one is in a medical setting as they’ll try to deny you service... or if I have to go to the common area of my condo (don’t want to deal with covid cult members trying to kick me out of my home)

Jinju

Have you tried not wearing one and just saying “I’m exempt” if asked? That’s what I’ve been doing since this nonsense started. Majority of places don’t say a word.
No, because honestly I don't want to get into any discussion with the covidiots.

The only time I will wear one is in a medical setting as they’ll try to deny you service... or if I have to go to the common area of my condo (don’t want to deal with covid cult members trying to kick me out of my home)
Same - I wear it in the common areas in my building because everyone is an over zealous cultist here too.
I think all that the security does is review footage all day long to monitor whether people are wearing masks properly. Im just tired of this insanity....

ilovethesea

No, because honestly I don't want to get into any discussion with the covidiots.

Same - I wear it in the common areas in my building because everyone is an over zealous cultist here too.
I think all that the security does is review footage all day long to monitor whether people are wearing masks properly. Im just tired of this insanity....
I think you’d be pleasantly surprised if you try it. I’ve been going to stores maskless the entire time and not once has another customer confronted me. It’s just the workers that are told to enforce it but “exemption” is the magic word. I’ve never been kicked out of anywhere.

Only had problems getting into the Apple store and Pet Valu who wanted me to wait outside like a dog. I called Apple to complain about discrimination and they sent me a free Apple TV ?

johnsmith

It looks like the Canadian customs recently restricted vitamin D tablets in any strength over 2,000 IU from entering the country. I might be wrong, but this is what iherb just told me.

Epik

Is anyone still interested in actually making a community happen? I'd like to seriously move forward with something like this. I'm in Ontario Canada, idk how flexible people are but I'd like to just start by moving closer to eachother in a small neighborhood and start growing and raising our own food. Anyone interested?

J.R.K

Anyone from Calgary? Would be keen on linking up and sharing resources etc.
You have some very interesting things happening in Alberta, I think it might be possible you have found a Canadian version of Ron De Santis in Premier Danielle Smith.
The word is there is now an influx of Canadians moving to Alberta from across the country. Would you be able to verify this @Buckian?

Epik

What did you have in mind @Epik ?
It's a large province - whereabouts are you?
You're right, it's a big provence, I'm just assuming south Ontario. Seeing that a global cooling is coming I'm thinking of moving as south as possible especially to start growing my own food. What do you guys think? I don't want to be to forward, but I'd be open to pooling money together to build something together.

Buckian

You have some very interesting things happening in Alberta, I think it might be possible you have found a Canadian version of Ron De Santis in Premier Danielle Smith.
The word is there is now an influx of Canadians moving to Alberta from across the country. Would you be able to verify this @Buckian?
lol. not sure about this. I assumed there were a few reasons to come to alberta. Not quite sure that it's the premier herself that would be the main reason.
I've also heard that some people are concerned about the her and her outlook. Personally, I don't have a complete opinion just yet!

Jinju

You're right, it's a big provence, I'm just assuming south Ontario. Seeing that a global cooling is coming I'm thinking of moving as south as possible especially to start growing my own food. What do you guys think? I don't want to be to forward, but I'd be open to pooling money together to build something together.
Yeah, I would too.... I live around the GTA for work but at some point a decision would have to be made to rely as little on the 'grid' as possible, and make a move

Hopeful

Yes, epik, we might be interested. Could you give an outline of the plan you have in mind. Even southern Ontario is big, where were you thinking of settling - north shore Lake Erie, south western Ontario??

Epik

Yes, epik, we might be interested. Could you give an outline of the plan you have in mind. Even southern Ontario is big, where were you thinking of settling - north shore Lake Erie, south western Ontario??
Yeah, I would too.... I live around the GTA for work but at some point a decision would have to be made to rely as little on the 'grid' as possible, and make a move
I'll pm you guys

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals