Girlfriend wants scientific evidence for why rapeseed oil is bad for our baby

InChristAlone

That's really the natural order: the woman rules (shepherds) the house; the man rules (shepherds) the woman. All are equal, none are inferior to another.
Yes you are right I do shepherd the home thanks for putting it in that way, really puts a sense of purpose in a woman's duties at home. I was mainly referring to having to make hard parenting decisions alone. Him working from home has been one of the key factors in changing our home life, he is still able to be there when the boys are not listening to me. I am deferring to him more and more instead of being in my masculine energy solving problems all day.

Yes, not being around for your kids is another very hard thing about modern life. I saw firsthand in primitive societies father and children work together. For example a herdsman may bring some of his kids along, or even his whole family and they will camp out together in the mountains. As another example, farmers are not too far from home when working in the field, the kids often visit dad whenever they feel like or they work with him in the field. Even if dad is away there’s grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, etc. so you’re never alone. In the village I felt this feeling of togetherness that I never feel in the west.

Now constraint this to the west with factories and offices dad is away and comes home tired and burned out. Grandma and grandpa live far away. Sometimes there’s no dad at all.

So no wonder I see shocking statistics that 1/4 of zoomer teenagers have tried to kill themselves. Kids are extremely isolated and lonely here in the west.
That is why I over romanticize primitive lifestyles! Such cohesiveness and purpose and fulfillment!

Perry Staltic

Yes you are right I do shepherd the home thanks for putting it in that way, really puts a sense of purpose in a woman's duties at home

That's the biblical perspective. When it says Christ will rule all nations the Greek word really means to shepherd

Rule
G4165 ποιμαίνω poimaino (poi-mai'-nō) v.
1. to tend as a shepherd of.
2. (by implication) to feed sheep.
3. (figuratively) to supervise, direct, and feed.

I

i_nomad

That's the biblical perspective. When it says Christ will rule all nations the Greek word really means to shepherd

Rule
Likely the biblical perspective was based off of an already well-established perspective of how humans function… but yeah, perspective developed over 1000s of years of human interaction shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Last edited by a moderator:

InChristAlone

Rule
I really like that this forum is so open about Christianity.

Mauritio

If she's a doctor she will understand this. It's a great and simple explanation on why PUFA is bad from the book "human longevity" by David and Raymond Valentine.

"This theory states that membrane unsaturation levels in membranes of mam-mals predict their life span, an inverse relationship (Hulbert at al., 2007). These researchers further proposed that correctly predicting life span from membrane unsaturation levels was based on the chemical properties of the polyunsaturated fatty acid chains present in membrane lipids. The chemical process is called fatty acid peroxidation and occurs whenever unsaturated membranes come into contact with oxygen.
Unsaturated membrane phospholipids, especially DHA or polyunsaturated mol-ecules (the latter found in human mitochondria), are ready targets of peroxidation.
Membrane peroxidation is a chemical reaction in which the double bonds of unsatu-rated fatty acid chains in membrane phospholipids are attacked by molecular O2.
Peroxidation is a free radical- mediated process yielding oxidatively damaged and dysfunctional membranes along with toxic by- products, while increasing the size of the cellular ROS pool. Among the hierarchy of unsaturated fatty acids found in membranes of human cells, DHA is the most sensitive, as follows (in decreasing order of peroxidation rates): DHA (22:6) > EPA (20:5) > ARA (20:4) > linolenic (18:3) > linoleic (18:2) >>> oleic acid (18:1)."

J.R.K

That's great you figured this out. It's the key in polarity. Many women have a masculine shield to protect themselves, but it only causes suffering for them in relationships. When I moved toward my husband with feminine vulnerable radiant heart centered energy he started a transformation of becoming the amazing masculine man with devoted leadership in our family he always was but got lost because of many factors in our life. We now maintain a polar relationship and it prevents all fighting and resentment. It has truly healed us. There is no other way in my view.
Very good on you @sugarbabe. I had just seen something last night that talked about the females chaos side due to the varying levels of hormones she will experience during various phases of her cycle. That the feminine chaos if you will requires the masculine strength to act as both a witness to the chaos but also provide a safe vessel in which to not only contain but allow it to be released, this kind of support they say is what many females are needing but is one of the main reasons they cannot find a suitable partner because most males today get distributed by this and try to fix it and suppress it using logic as opposed to allowing the chaos to flow and direct the female to follow the thread to the source of that chaos.
As a male I can kind of relate to this in my own relationship, as I have witnessed this chaos many times. Unwittingly I have always just sat there as support and said little but that being said there might be something to this as we have been together for thirty two years now.
Just curious if you or any other females have a perspective or thoughts on this that would validate or debunk this as truth.
I personally am just understanding the roles of estrogen and progesterone within the cycles and had believed they were causing a lot of this chaos based on ratios diet etc.

InChristAlone

Very good on you @sugarbabe. I had just seen something last night that talked about the females chaos side due to the varying levels of hormones she will experience during various phases of her cycle. That the feminine chaos if you will requires the masculine strength to act as both a witness to the chaos but also provide a safe vessel in which to not only contain but allow it to be released, this kind of support they say is what many females are needing but is one of the main reasons they cannot find a suitable partner because most males today get distributed by this and try to fix it and suppress it using logic as opposed to allowing the chaos to flow and direct the female to follow the thread to the source of that chaos.
As a male I can kind of relate to this in my own relationship, as I have witnessed this chaos many times. Unwittingly I have always just sat there as support and said little but that being said there might be something to this as we have been together for thirty two years now.
Just curious if you or any other females have a perspective or thoughts on this that would validate or debunk this as truth.
I personally am just understanding the roles of estrogen and progesterone within the cycles and had believed they were causing a lot of this chaos based on ratios diet etc.
Yeah my husband usually just listens and provides a safe space for me. The masculine energy is a container women need. As long as it's devotional. But before I learned about masculine/feminine polarity I may have ranted about stuff to him but I wasn't actually sharing my heart and being vulnerable. That takes a lot of trust and it opened up a lot of pain inside of me. He was there for me through it all, many many days of talks and tears and connectedness.

As far as hormones yes they can be a rollercoaster ride when they are imbalanced and cause chaos. But the more a woman trusts in her heart and is able to receive love the less I feel like hormones cause chaos.

J.R.K

Yeah my husband usually just listens and provides a safe space for me. The masculine energy is a container women need. As long as it's devotional. But before I learned about masculine/feminine polarity I may have ranted about stuff to him but I wasn't actually sharing my heart and being vulnerable. That takes a lot of trust and it opened up a lot of pain inside of me. He was there for me through it all, many many days of talks and tears and connectedness.

As far as hormones yes they can be a rollercoaster ride when they are imbalanced and cause chaos. But the more a woman trusts in her heart and is able to receive love the less I feel like hormones cause chaos.
Thank you this @sugarbabe. In the video she mentioned that this chaos (her term not mine) is connected to the entire female experience of being treated badly by masculine entities and mentioned things like the witch hunts and numerous sexual abuses endured not just by her lineage but by all females in the history of the mankind or before.
This made me think of the concept of epigenetics and how stresses of one set of parents can be passed down through the next generation but I was under the impression that it could be reversed or only went for seven generations.
But the difference in this would be that this negative energy is as a pool from which all females draw from.
Would this also be a pool from which males would draw from given that there seems to be a social pressure to suppress the male energy, in other words to suppress something that is considered dangerous and therefore a threat to the powers that be. When it appears that the masculine energy is to protect and support the feminine energy in their time of chaos. Thus feminizing the masculine and suppressing it to be less dominating and easier to dominate.
My apologies if I am making this seem simplistic but it is a new and fascinating concept.

Jib

Butter is bad for babies? And what kind of fat is in a (healthy) mother's breastmilk? Smh.

Masculine/feminine polarity is real, and definitely worth looking into. What would happen if you took control over the food for the baby? Like just made your own baby food and used butter or coconut oil. It would be interesting to see how much she would challenge you on that, or throw a fit, or something else.

Compare that to how you would react if the situation was reversed -- her taking control over something without consulting you, and just telling you the way things are going to be. That seems to be the norm here.

Either way, it's very telling. The baby is one thing, but don't forget yourself and your own health: feeling emasculated is terrible for your health.

This isn't a judgment of you by the way or an advice that you do something in particular. Just be aware.

I do have some friends en route to becoming doctors and the 'indoctrination' is staggering. It truly is mind blowing. Unfortunately little can be done once the system has dug its claws into these people, as it practically erases their ability to think critically.

Jennifer

It’s definitely not truth for myself and many of the women in my life. I believe we all have masculine and feminine (and child) aspects regardless of our gender and my energy isn’t typically one of chaos but rather the opposite, and the same goes for many of the women I know. We have our moments like all humans do such as when a loved one dies there is the usual grieving process, but the women in my life have been some of the strongest people emotionally and mentally that I’ve ever known. Though they possess(ed) aspects of it, I wouldn’t describe them as matriarchs but more so, their partnerships have been a good (IMO) balance of give and take where the man isn’t always expected to be strong and the woman isn’t always expected to be fragile, knowing full well that humans are dynamic creatures navigating a dynamic world that will test even the strongest of characters at some point, and I’ve never known any of the men to consider themselves less of one because of this, which I find to be a rather “masculine” and attractive quality, you know, to not define oneself by societal beliefs or care how others perceive(d) them. Where one partner is lacking at any given moment, the other one steps in and plays a supportive role and it seems to work because divorce is not common in my family. We tend to be lifers.

J.R.K

It’s definitely not truth for myself and many of the women in my life. I believe we all have masculine and feminine (and child) aspects regardless of our gender and my energy isn’t typically one of chaos but rather the opposite, and the same goes for many of the women I know. We have our moments like all humans do such as when a loved one dies there is the usual grieving process, but the women in my life have been some of the strongest people emotionally and mentally that I’ve ever known. Though they possess(ed) aspects of it, I wouldn’t describe them as matriarchs but more so, their partnerships have been a good (IMO) balance of give and take where the man isn’t always expected to be strong and the woman isn’t always expected to be fragile, knowing full well that humans are dynamic creatures navigating a dynamic world that will test even the strongest of characters at some point, and I’ve never known any of the men to consider themselves less of one because of this, which I find to be a rather “masculine” and attractive quality, you know, to not define oneself by societal beliefs or care how others perceive(d) them. Where one partner is lacking at any given moment, the other one steps in and plays a supportive role and it seems to work because divorce is not common in my family. We tend to be lifers.
Thank you for your input @Jennifer, your perspective is similar to the one in which I dominantly hold, wherein the marriage is a partnership and as such matters are discussed and loads be it emotional or physical are shared.
My query has to do with more so understanding this perspective of the feminine needs as I am male hence I do not predominantly have a strong grasp upon this, but that does not prevent me from trying to understand.
As we move through a menopausal phase of life in our relationship I try to understand better my required role in order to support and gain better understanding (though I will concede that I will never fully be able to comprehend what a female goes through) to help her move through this phase of life and not add more to the stresses that she already is experiencing. I find Dr Peats book to be quite helpful understanding the biochemical side of things but the emotional is a mystery that I may never fully comprehend and do not need to, just to know how best to meet her needs.

Jennifer

You’re welcome, @J.R.K. :) Sorry I wasn’t more helpful. I wish I could say with confidence what a woman’s needs are but other than the basic ones that most humans have, it seems to be rather individual, for example, mine seem to differ from sugarbabe’s, at least based on some of the things she’s said here. I haven’t gone through menopause yet, but I can imagine it’s stressful. Just thinking about the time when my doctor put me on bio-identical hormones after I broke my back and how they played with my emotions, it wouldn’t surprise me if your partner’s emotions are sometimes a mystery to her so I can understand them being a mystery to you, as well. I think the fact that you care enough to help her through this phase means a lot, and I would think goes a long way in reducing her stress. You seem like a truly wonderful partner, and a blessing. I wish you luck in your quest for understanding.

akgrrrl

Hey brother,

I empathize with your situation, having been in a similar one myself. There are very few things worse than raising children with a low-energy, automaton-ish person. Wouldn't wish it on anybody.

This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion...but have you considered moving on completely and 'cutting your losses,' so to speak? Surely you could find somebody more like yourself to restart and form a functional family with.

*Edit: not saying to not be present in your child's life!
Thankyou for the bravery to say this. As an old person who has watched this play out in humanity over and over and over...sometimes we must use common sense and get out, instead of sacrificing our entire lives to be with the deluded.

akgrrrl

But what happens after a person has kept trying for months...for years...for decades?

It's not worth it. Hope deferred makes the heart grow sick.

To have two people suffer from their ignorance is better than to have three suffer from it.
Thisx10.

J.R.K

You’re welcome, @J.R.K. :) Sorry I wasn’t more helpful. I wish I could say with confidence what a woman’s needs are but other than the basic ones that most humans have, it seems to be rather individual, for example, mine seem to differ from sugarbabe’s, at least based on some of the things she’s said here. I haven’t gone through menopause yet, but I can imagine it’s stressful. Just thinking about the time when my doctor put me on bio-identical hormones after I broke my back and how they played with my emotions, it wouldn’t surprise me if your partner’s emotions are sometimes a mystery to her so I can understand them being a mystery to you, as well. I think the fact that you care enough to help her through this phase means a lot, and I would think goes a long way in reducing her stress. You seem like a truly wonderful partner, and a blessing. I wish you luck in your quest for understanding.
Thank you for that @Jennifer, what seems to be the experience of my life so far is we do the best we can with what we have and learn something from everyone around us. I suspect that like everyone else we all have our own life experience and even our previous generations experience affecting our reality. So I find it best to listen more than I talk and try to ask genuine thoughtful questions.
I hope that you do not experience to much long term pain from your broken back and had a short and complete convalescence.

InChristAlone

Thank you for your input @Jennifer, your perspective is similar to the one in which I dominantly hold, wherein the marriage is a partnership and as such matters are discussed and loads be it emotional or physical are shared.
My query has to do with more so understanding this perspective of the feminine needs as I am male hence I do not predominantly have a strong grasp upon this, but that does not prevent me from trying to understand.
As we move through a menopausal phase of life in our relationship I try to understand better my required role in order to support and gain better understanding (though I will concede that I will never fully be able to comprehend what a female goes through) to help her move through this phase of life and not add more to the stresses that she already is experiencing. I find Dr Peats book to be quite helpful understanding the biochemical side of things but the emotional is a mystery that I may never fully comprehend and do not need to, just to know how best to meet her needs.
Lead her to express her heart, she may be going through a rollercoaster ride of emotions and it can change by the hour! She can be responsible for her emotions but being able to say "I'm feeling really depressed today, I don't know where it's coming from but I'm just not feeling myself" could open up to expressing something deeper maybe she's actually very afraid of what she's going through and you can be supportive of her by listening to her heart and then giving lots of hugs. And tell her you love her as much as you can. That she can be experiencing negative emotions and you will still be there for her. See her and hear her. We long to be seen and heard. That is the deepest feminine desire. Many women don't even know it's there because they cannot connect with their heart without an outpouring of emotions that can be overwhelming so they shut it down and go right back in their mind solving problems. I know because I've been there. I covered up a lot of pain for many years trying not to let anyone see what was hiding. Refusing to truly express my heart and be vulnerable.

YamnayaMommy

I agree that olive oil is an obvious compromise.

You could also show her how much you care by preparing some baby food yourself. Make some applesauce and some fruit compotes.

My babies really loved mangos. Aldi sells bags of frozen mango chunks that are really easy to cook and purée.

Homemade jello with orange concentrate and condensed milk is also easy and a big hit with babies.

J.R.K

Lead her to express her heart, she may be going through a rollercoaster ride of emotions and it can change by the hour! She can be responsible for her emotions but being able to say "I'm feeling really depressed today, I don't know where it's coming from but I'm just not feeling myself" could open up to expressing something deeper maybe she's actually very afraid of what she's going through and you can be supportive of her by listening to her heart and then giving lots of hugs. And tell her you love her as much as you can. That she can be experiencing negative emotions and you will still be there for her. See her and hear her. We long to be seen and heard. That is the deepest feminine desire. Many women don't even know it's there because they cannot connect with their heart without an outpouring of emotions that can be overwhelming so they shut it down and go right back in their mind solving problems. I know because I've been there. I covered up a lot of pain for many years trying not to let anyone see what was hiding. Refusing to truly express my heart and be vulnerable.
Wow! Thank you for sharing that with me and the forum @sugarbabe. This is one of those issues that has been talked about for decades, the war of the sexes, equality, sexual harassment etc. The comment @haidut made on the Danny Roddy podcast, “That it is not natural for men and women to have this animosity and hatred between them”. I have to kind of wonder given everything that has happened in the past two years, that the thought that this animosity was somehow implanted into our society. It is something I feel that tears at fabric of our society.
I can see why it is difficult for some women to be vulnerable and have trust issues. Dave Chapelle, said something that put this into some perspective for me,” being a woman is like walking down the street with a bag with $50000.00 cash inside of it, there are people that would do anything to get what you have, it is primal.

L

LauriePartridge

guys ive posted several times about my complicated relationship, made even more complicated now we have a baby (yes i know its my fault). i appreciate all your support with my various issues.

today she announced she would be using fluoride toothpaste on our 6 month old babys 2 emerging teeth (i want to scream)

secondly, she wants to use rapeseed oil in the boiled and blended vegetables that shes feeding him (i would prefer if he had fruit not vegetables)...........i asked her to use butter but she is refusing and saying rapeseed oil is very very healthy, and butter is not ok for babies.

guys, i know its my fault, ive had a baby with someone with polar oppposite ideologies (she is a trained doctor- i.e. severe indoctrination )

im organising some studies and papers to show her about the dangers of rapeseed oil and PUFA in general, if anyone has anything to help me present, please do post.

many thanks,
Don't know if this has already been addressed but you could ask sincerely for her medical opinion regarding the warning label on fluoridated toothpaste to call poison control immediately if swallowed. At least in the US, the FDA requires this warning label on all fluoridated toothpaste.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals