Girlfriend wants scientific evidence for why rapeseed oil is bad for our baby

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Appreciate all the replies and support everyone. Lots to think about.

Will send an update on the situation soon

-Luke-

Don't know if this has already been addressed but you could ask sincerely for her medical opinion regarding the warning label on fluoridated toothpaste to call poison control immediately if swallowed. At least in the US, the FDA requires this warning label on all fluoridated toothpaste.
Wow, didn't know that. As far as I know there isn't a warning like that in Germany (if I do not confuse him ddjd is from Germany, too), but I need to have a look at the supermarket. Isn't the drinking water fluoridated in the U.S. (or does that vary from state to state)?

L

LauriePartridge

Wow, didn't know that. As far as I know there isn't a warning like that in Germany (if I do not confuse him ddjd is from Germany, too), but I need to have a look at the supermarket. Isn't the drinking water fluoridated in the U.S. (or does that vary from state to state)?
It varies from state to state and each county within the state. And the counties have to provide reports on naturally occurring fluoride in municipal water. In one city, there are water advisories regarding fluoride levels that exceed safety and put residents at risk for dental fluorosis which causes discoloration and pitting of teeth and bone disease. And children under the age of 9 are especially at risk for developing this disease. The report urges people to get filtration systems that remove fluoride. It's really serious enough that they are even requesting people to spread the word to others and warn them about the risks of fluoride. And this county does not add fluoride to drinking water.

Fluoride-Notice-2021

Last edited by a moderator:

-Luke-

It varies from state to state and each county within the state. And the counties have to provide reports on naturally occurring fluoride in municipal water. In a neighboring city of mine, there are water advisories regarding fluoride levels that exceed safety and put residents at risk for dental fluorosis which causes discoloration and pitting of teeth and bone disease. And children under the age of 9 are especially at risk for developing this disease. The report urges people to get filtration systems that remove fluoride. It's really serious enough that they are even requesting people to spread the word to others and warn them about the risks of fluoride. And this county does not add fluoride to drinking water.

Fluoride-Notice-2021
Thanks!

ursidae

Lots of great ideas here
However I'd like to point out, I think people commenting on her being a masculinised western woman are missing the fact that feeding a baby is traditionally the female domain. Traditional roles entail there are areas of family life where the man has the say and where the woman does.

That being said it's too bad she's not discerning and is putting her trust and the health of her child in the hands of the predatory, corrupt healthcare system. Only people who have been burned by it will understand and I hope she will not learn that second-hand, by damaging her child.

I have personal experience with how stubborn, dismissive and deeply indoctrinated doctors are. I have five doctors in my family, one of them is a honourable and dignified individual who spent many decades of his life working himself to the bone every single day. He truly believes the cause and his noble character compels him to practice what he preached and prescribed to thousands of patients. He fries everything in PUFA, avoids cholesterol, takes meds despite his remarkable breath of knowledge of the human body and the fact that he could easily grasp the counter arguments that alternative scientists present. It is unfortunate and there's no convincing him of the opposite but I see it as him having integrity and believing in the science that he practiced and applied on other human beings for decades. He integrated the teachings into his identity, he believed them with every fibre of his being, and he decided the fate of many people. It's a huge moral responsibility and he has chosen to make himself test subject zero and die at the hands of modern medicine if it comes to that.

I hope this is not the case for your wife as there's no convincing this type of passionate person. If you do convince her and she becomes disillusioned about the years she spent studying and working for a job that harms people, she might not want to be a hypocrite and will feel the need to quit her job if she has any trace of conscience in her. Exposing a doctor to alternative ideas will be a cathartic event for them and maybe she's remaining reluctant and keeping the blinders on because it will take away meaning from her

Last edited:
Appreciate all the replies and support everyone. Lots to think about.

Will send an update on the situation soon

If she puts her foot down about butter and she doesn't go for olive oil because she says rapeseed oil has "higher omega3 content (even though it's the useless plant form)," could you entice her with avocado? Perhaps she'd fall for an argument that whole food plant fat is superior to processed plant fat because she sounds like she's a victim of vegan brainwashing. I know what Dr. Peat has said on occasion about avocado, but there's no denying its rich potassium, vitamin K1, and vitamin B9 content. Her rapeseed oil provides none of these three essential nutrients.

(For some reason I have not been able to share screenshots for the past few days, so I've pasted the link above. Temporary technical glitch?)

Last edited:
That being said it's too bad she's not discerning and is putting her trust and the health of her child in the hands of the predatory, corrupt healthcare system. Only people who have been burned by it will understand
And people will not trust the burnt on what to do because he would not have been burned if he knew better but the moral is that the burnt would advice on what NOT to do
o_O

Matestube

guys ive posted several times about my complicated relationship, made even more complicated now we have a baby (yes i know its my fault). i appreciate all your support with my various issues.

today she announced she would be using fluoride toothpaste on our 6 month old babys 2 emerging teeth (i want to scream)

secondly, she wants to use rapeseed oil in the boiled and blended vegetables that shes feeding him (i would prefer if he had fruit not vegetables)...........i asked her to use butter but she is refusing and saying rapeseed oil is very very healthy, and butter is not ok for babies.

guys, i know its my fault, ive had a baby with someone with polar oppposite ideologies (she is a trained doctor- i.e. severe indoctrination )

im organising some studies and papers to show her about the dangers of rapeseed oil and PUFA in general, if anyone has anything to help me present, please do post.

many thanks,

There is one point that I don't get.

Surely you have been with this woman for a while, if you guys are having a baby. I would say at least 4 years.

Surely you have been Peating or at least interested in his idea for years, as you joined in 2014.

Has there been no friction between you two all this while regarding health and nutrition?
Have you not tried to bring her to the other side of the fence?

It's a continuous effort, and I'm startled that yours is only beginning now that you are having a baby.

I've been with my girlfriend for a year now, she was typically thinking that she was eating healthy because she had a varied western diet.

By being with her and cooking with her, I completely switched her over from oils to butter, and have dramatically reduced the fiber load in her diet.

My mission is still not over with her: she still uses regular fluoride toothpaste, eats bread, exercises too much.

It's a long process.

I would say take it calmly, and say to yourself that it's better to start today than 10 years from today.
Constantly talk to her about what you do and why you do it.
The why is very important.

Jennifer

Thank you for that @Jennifer, what seems to be the experience of my life so far is we do the best we can with what we have and learn something from everyone around us. I suspect that like everyone else we all have our own life experience and even our previous generations experience affecting our reality. So I find it best to listen more than I talk and try to ask genuine thoughtful questions.
I hope that you do not experience to much long term pain from your broken back and had a short and complete convalescence.

I completely agree. And thank you. It took a lot of time, effort and release work to get to this point, but my health is now the best it’s ever been.

There is one point that I don't get.

Surely you have been with this woman for a while, if you guys are having a baby. I would say at least 4 years.

Surely you have been Peating or at least interested in his idea for years, as you joined in 2014.

Has there been no friction between you two all this while regarding health and nutrition?
Have you not tried to bring her to the other side of the fence?

It's a continuous effort, and I'm startled that yours is only beginning now that you are having a baby.

I've been with my girlfriend for a year now, she was typically thinking that she was eating healthy because she had a varied western diet.

By being with her and cooking with her, I completely switched her over from oils to butter, and have dramatically reduced the fiber load in her diet.

My mission is still not over with her: she still uses regular fluoride toothpaste, eats bread, exercises too much.

It's a long process.

I would say take it calmly, and say to yourself that it's better to start today than 10 years from today.
Constantly talk to her about what you do and why you do it.
The why is very important.
The fact she is a doctor should tell you what his problem is, in the medical field of sorts, unless my memory is wrong.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

If she puts her foot down about butter and she doesn't go for olive oil because she says rapeseed oil has "higher omega3 content (even though it's the useless plant form)," could you entice her with avocado? Perhaps she'd fall for an argument that whole food plant fat is superior to processed plant fat because she sounds like she's a victim of vegan brainwashing. I know what Dr. Peat has said on occasion about avocado, but there's no denying its rich potassium, vitamin K1, and vitamin B9 content. Her rapeseed oil provides none of these three essential nutrients.

(For some reason I have not been able to share screenshots for the past few days, so I've pasted the link above. Temporary technical glitch?)
I wonder how that elite would find an explanation out of this fatty acid profile puzzle:

1642015978809.png

Source: Wikimedia

I wonder how that elite would find an explanation out of this fatty acid profile puzzle:

Nice chart, Amazoniac. Clearly there are worse choices his wife could make than rapeseed oil.

As clear as the chart is, it would make more sense if the words monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fats switch places since the yellow and blue n6s and n3s are the polyunsaturates. Other than that, the breakdown of the oils and fats seem in line with my knowledge base except for the lard. Was surprised to see its linoleic acid content equal to olive oil.

Amazoniac

Nice chart, Amazoniac. Clearly there are worse choices his wife could make than rapeseed oil.

As clear as the chart is, it would make more sense if the words monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fats switch places since the yellow and blue n6s and n3s are the polyunsaturates. Other than that, the breakdown of the oils and fats seem in line with my knowledge base except for the lard. Was surprised to see its linoleic acid content equal to olive oil.
I overlooked it, 'comparison dietary fats' for the correct version.

Since the saturated fat difference between the oils on top is small, she would have to follow their color convention and believe that saturated fat is harmful, monounsaturated fat is beneficial and terminolenic acid is desirable to explain her choice. Otherwise, there are better sources of monounsaturated fat or terminolenic acid that are comparably low in saturated fat. I think that the high-adulteroleic sunflower oil combined with flaxseed oil would meet her criteria providing less terminoleic acid.

The Creator probably wanted to share the frustration, but meddling could have been avoided:

'How can I convince my partner that butter is wealthier than canola oil?'​

- The Influence of Butter and Oils on Oxidative Reactions during In Vitro Gastrointestinal Digestion of Meat and Fish
Added link.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals