Girlfriend wants scientific evidence for why rapeseed oil is bad for our baby

ddjd

guys ive posted several times about my complicated relationship, made even more complicated now we have a baby (yes i know its my fault). i appreciate all your support with my various issues.

today she announced she would be using fluoride toothpaste on our 6 month old babys 2 emerging teeth (i want to scream)

secondly, she wants to use rapeseed oil in the boiled and blended vegetables that shes feeding him (i would prefer if he had fruit not vegetables)...........i asked her to use butter but she is refusing and saying rapeseed oil is very very healthy, and butter is not ok for babies.

guys, i know its my fault, ive had a baby with someone with polar oppposite ideologies (she is a trained doctor- i.e. severe indoctrination )

im organising some studies and papers to show her about the dangers of rapeseed oil and PUFA in general, if anyone has anything to help me present, please do post.

many thanks,

Mauritio

Does she believe free radicals are bad ? I suppose so; that's very mainstream .
Check out the thread I made on why pufa is bad.
It shows clear as day that the more unsaturated the cell membranes are ,the more lipid peroxidation you have.

P

Peatness

You could just plant the seed of doubt with these articles. Being a doctor I suspect she might dismiss them as unscientific

Peatful

pour rapeseed oil into a pan and lit it with a match
do the same with butter or so
I like this idea.

However- @ddjd - this is small potatoes compared to her getting the vaxx and BF him; or the baby getting vaxxed.

Don’t freak out about this little ***t. Let her have her way- then put your foot down regarding the vaxx.
As you know, relationships are collaborative and give and take -so this is minor compared to what was in your past and what lies ahead.

Choose wisely.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I like this idea.

However- @ddjd - this is small potatoes compared to her getting the vaxx and BF him; or the baby getting vaxxed.

Don’t freak out about this little ***t. Let her have her way- then put your foot down regarding the vaxx.
As you know, relationships are collaborative and give and take -so this is minor compared to what was in your past and what lies ahead.

Choose wisely.
this is very good strategic advice, much appreciated

Perry Staltic

Ask her why she wants to use fluoride when Germany had the sense to stop fluoridating water.

OccamzRazer

guys ive posted several times about my complicated relationship, made even more complicated now we have a baby (yes i know its my fault). i appreciate all your support with my various issues.

today she announced she would be using fluoride toothpaste on our 6 month old babys 2 emerging teeth (i want to scream)

secondly, she wants to use rapeseed oil in the boiled and blended vegetables that shes feeding him (i would prefer if he had fruit not vegetables)...........i asked her to use butter but she is refusing and saying rapeseed oil is very very healthy, and butter is not ok for babies.

guys, i know its my fault, ive had a baby with someone with polar oppposite ideologies (she is a trained doctor- i.e. severe indoctrination )

im organising some studies and papers to show her about the dangers of rapeseed oil and PUFA in general, if anyone has anything to help me present, please do post.

many thanks,
Hey brother,

I empathize with your situation, having been in a similar one myself. There are very few things worse than raising children with a low-energy, automaton-ish person. Wouldn't wish it on anybody.

This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion...but have you considered moving on completely and 'cutting your losses,' so to speak? Surely you could find somebody more like yourself to restart and form a functional family with.

*Edit: not saying to not be present in your child's life!

Razvan

Cmon man are you a man ? My girlfriend listens to everything i decide,even If it's stupid,she just believes me and no she' s not insecure or something. That's how it works ,that's how my mom and dad behaved also. What are you facing is a very estrogenic woman (sorry,don't get offended).

Perry Staltic

Ask her why she wants to use an oil that's extracted using hexane and then highly processed rather than olive oil that is merely pressed. Ask her if she was in the baby's shoes which she would rather have: something natural or something with chemical adulterants..

Razvan

Hey brother,

I empathize with your situation, having been in a similar one myself. There are very few things worse than raising children with a low-energy, automaton-ish person. Wouldn't wish it on anybody.

This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion...but have you considered moving on completely and 'cutting your losses,' so to speak? Surely you could find somebody more like yourself to restart and form a functional family with.
Yes i agree, living wiht an authoritian estrogenic person will make you loose life expectancy.

Razvan

Ask her why she wants to use an oil that's extracted using hexane and then highly processed rather than olive oil that is merely pressed. Ask her if she was in the baby's shoes which she would rather have.
Using logic with brainwashed people just doesn't work, i tried this with a relative and they still ate with sunflower oil,they will even lie that the food is cooked in butter for me to eat it.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Ask her why she wants to use an oil that's extracted using hexane and then highly processed rather than olive oil that is merely pressed. Ask her if she was in the baby's shoes which she would rather have: something natural or something with chemical adulterants..
Funnily enough I just came across this video on YouTube.....

View: https://youtu.be/Cfk2IXlZdbI

Perry Staltic

Using logic with brainwashed people just doesn't work, i tried this with a relative and they still ate with sunflower oil,they will even lie that the food is cooked in butter for me to eat it.

Yeah, but not everybody's the same. There is hope for some.

OccamzRazer

Yes i agree, living wiht an authoritian estrogenic person will make you loose life expectancy.
Exactly. Living with such a person - especially when a shared child is involved - makes life not worth living. No wonder life expectancy would go down.

You shouldn't have to argue or convince her of anything

The real problem is that she doesn't respect you -- it won't end here