First post....

NaKCaMg

Hi Charlie and other Peaters!
Thanks from a 55 yr old female probably hypothyroid most of my life, chemically injured in the workplace then compounded that by doing Adkins/LC/Paleo-ish eating with some HIT thrown in! :roll: Long story short...trashed my metabolism/thyroid. Serendipitously ran across some comments on a "health guru's" web site from a woman saying that some women were having problems after doing the above "health practices" and another person referring to Ray Peat's research. I've been peating a little over 1yr refining and adjusting foods and supplements, had lots of improvement after finally cutting out starches, eating liver and reducing muscle meats. I'll post more diet and lab info in another thread. Continuing this healing journey.... :)

mas

hi NaKCaMg,

Welcome!

Interesting about your workplace chemical injury- can I ask how this happened and did you get an actual medical diagnosis (which is almost nonexistent in mainstream medicine)?

I have definite chemical sensitivities especially to cleaning chemicals, fabric softeners, scented candles, etc.. and avoid like the plague. Hope you can give me some pointers here.

OP
NaKCaMg

NaKCaMg

We were exposed to a new shipment of vinyl(for boat seating) that was outgassing beyond the norm. My theory is that the processing was incomplete because the our employer needed finished product right away. Two of us had the worst symtoms: headaches, vertigo, sinus issues(pain and drainage), nausea and nose bleeds. The "company doctor" did restrict my exposure to that specific type of vinyl for 30 days and those rolls were used up by the end of that time. The doc didn't diagnose as "chemical sensitivities" and since that vinyl was gone the company didn't have me go back for follow-up (coincidentally the company changed doctors after, don't think he did what they wanted) . Afterwards all the chemicals you listed I became sensitive to and avoid as well, prolonged exposure is the worst. I researched and self-diagnosed.

I did later complain about fragrances ( air fresheners, perfumes, hand lotions, etc.) and mentioned the Supreme Court decision pertaining to the Americans with Disabilities Act and restricting fragrances in the workplace. That created quite the uproar when Human Resources had to tell everyone to not use those items. It also made the work environment more stressful as co-workers were angry. Ended up having to quit work, between co-workers fragrances, etc. and hypothyroid symtoms I couldn't function.

Probably not any more info than you already know.

I make our deodorant and use b.soda and vinegar for cleaning, some essential oils are okay, it's the synthetics that cause issues.

Since Peating I'm better... :) That generous man saved my life... definitely has made it possible to live a better life by healing!!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
NaKCaMg, :welcome

It's really awesome you are finding relief applying Peat's work. A generous man, indeed. :)

See you around the forum. :hattip

mas

Thanks for that info!!

Even if people don't have overt chemical sensitivity, it is a good idea to stay away from as many noxious chemicals as possible.

Your company policy is unfortunately the same worldwide. Chemically injured people have no other recourse but to avoid places that make them sick. I am happy that RP work has helped you as it has helped me and I am still progressing myself.

Peata

Thank you for sharing your story.

I was exposed to insecticides and herbicides in childhood, up to about age 20, from farm labor.

It was in my 20s that I developed sensitivities and it got worse all through my 30s. Candles, air-fresheners, cologne, whatever. I don't know if mine was due to exposure to chemicals, or just allergies - because my allergies were becoming steadily worse as I neared 30. To the point I was getting shots, taking multiple medications and inhalers. I think mine was a lot of different reasons.

Anyway, things are improving some. I have candles I literally thought would last me a lifetime. One, I was sure I would burn a few minutes and extinguish once in a blue moon for the rest of my life. I'm much more tolerant. I can wear some fragrance now and then.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals