Finally caught the vid, no sense of smell/taste and have strong fatigue ever since

Izzybelle

Would not recommend vitamin A for prevention of upper respiratory infections. Vitamin D to vitamin A ratio is the major risk factor for it. Have not eaten liver or used vitamin A supps in yrs and haven't been sick in yrs.
Well I guess we are all different but vitamin A (and possibly magnesium) are the only things that brought my temps up to normal. I have been "Peating" for ten years, tried thyroid again and again and everythng else under the sun and nothing got my temps up until Vitamin A. Now I have normal thyroid function without thyroid meds. I must have had a deficiency so I was only relating my experience and things to try to boost immunity -- didn't mean suggest it would prevent upper respiratory infections, but Peat has also mentioned Vitamin A for better immune function (sorry don't have time to search for quotes). He mentioned sufficient Vitamin A early on in the COVID days, then later talked about Vitamin D.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
How much vitamin A do you take and how long were you on thyroid meds? I’m working on getting off my meds.

youngsinatra

Well I guess we are all different but vitamin A (and possibly magnesium) are the only things that brought my temps up to normal. I have been "Peating" for ten years, tried thyroid again and again and everythng else under the sun and nothing got my temps up until Vitamin A. Now I have normal thyroid function without thyroid meds. I must have had a deficiency so I was only relating my experience and things to try to boost immunity -- didn't mean suggest it would prevent upper respiratory infections, but Peat has also mentioned Vitamin A for better immune function (sorry don't have time to search for quotes). He mentioned sufficient Vitamin A early on in the COVID days, then later talked about Vitamin D.
How much do you use and do you take it orally or topically?

Izzybelle

How much vitamin A do you take and how long were you on thyroid meds? I’m working on getting off my meds.

How much do you use and do you take it orally or topically?
I use retinyl palmitate in powder form at approx 20,000 IU daily orally. I put the powder in my mouth and drink it down with water. I'm thinking of tapering down as summer ends, and sometimes I skip it on the weekends and maybe have a little liver if I can choke it down.

I tried Cynomel and Cynoplus for sometimes months at a time and it didn't bring my temps up so I would stop. More recently I was taking just Cynomel and it still didn't bring my temps up. I think Peat has said that lack of vitamin A is one reason that thyroid meds don't work, so depending on the person, you may still need some thyroid but the vitamin a will hellp it work. I'm no expert on this stuff, but it might be worth a try.

Inaut

I got what seemed to be hot flashes last weekend. I was extremely lethargic for about 4 days, no cough or sniffles.... Not sure what’s going on with my but I’ve been feeling light headed ever since. Not going to say I got covid because I don’t really know, I just feel weird at the moment. My main stack right now is pau darco and chaparral (which makes me sweat also) and I take policosanols, aspirin every couple of days and MB when I decide. Impressed with my resilience, not with the brain fog—- kinda high all the time

InChristAlone

I use retinyl palmitate in powder form at approx 20,000 IU daily orally. I put the powder in my mouth and drink it down with water. I'm thinking of tapering down as summer ends, and sometimes I skip it on the weekends and maybe have a little liver if I can choke it down.

I tried Cynomel and Cynoplus for sometimes months at a time and it didn't bring my temps up so I would stop. More recently I was taking just Cynomel and it still didn't bring my temps up. I think Peat has said that lack of vitamin A is one reason that thyroid meds don't work, so depending on the person, you may still need some thyroid but the vitamin a will hellp it work. I'm no expert on this stuff, but it might be worth a try.
This sounds counter to everything I've read about thyroid and vitamin A. Peat always makes sure to say hypothyroidism requires very little vitamin A without becoming toxic. For someone who has a very fast metabolism they can take more to prevent acne and things like that.

Makrosky

I got what seemed to be hot flashes last weekend. I was extremely lethargic for about 4 days, no cough or sniffles.... Not sure what’s going on with my but I’ve been feeling light headed ever since. Not going to say I got covid because I don’t really know, I just feel weird at the moment. My main stack right now is pau darco and chaparral (which makes me sweat also) and I take policosanols, aspirin every couple of days and MB when I decide. Impressed with my resilience, not with the brain fog—- kinda high all the time
Did it happen while around vaxxed ppl? I spent today around 30 mins with a freshly vaccinated coworker and was fine the whole day since about a couple hours ago my ears are red flush and hot, I feel super brain fogged, headache, lots of anxiett, etc... AGAIN. This is so ******* annoying!!!! I am suspecting the real danger of exposing to vaxxed ppl (at least with no fluid exchange) is on the first days.

I know @tankasnowgod will not agree but I am experiencing this again. Last time it happened when almost everybody in my work floor got the vaxx. Jesus christ.

I hope you get better soon btw Inaut.

Inaut

Did it happen while around vaxxed ppl? I spent today around 30 mins with a freshly vaccinated coworker and was fine the whole day since about a couple hours ago my ears are red flush and hot, I feel super brain fogged, headache, lots of anxiett, etc... AGAIN. This is so ******* annoying!!!! I am suspecting the real danger of exposing to vaxxed ppl (at least with no fluid exchange) is on the first days.

I know @tankasnowgod will not agree but I am experiencing this again. Last time it happened when almost everybody in my work floor got the vaxx. Jesus christ.

I hope you get better soon btw Inaut.
Yea I was intimate with a single dosed vaxxed person (my on/off gf)...

Makrosky

Jesus... but how long ago did she take the dose if I might ask? Because I haven't noticed this with ppl that has been vaccinated for a while. So far only with freshly vaccinated ones. They are probably generating spike proteins like there is no tomorrow.

maillol

I would second the suggestion of getting a vitamin D test. Vitamin D improves my sense of smell generally FWIW.

Makrosky

I took a cetirizine pill when I wrote the last post (I remember I bought them under Nemo's advice) and my ears and heartrate are starting to feel normal again. Dunno if it is placebo but I can definitely feel things calming down. I never get sudden histamine reactions btw.

Inaut

Jesus... but how long ago did she take the dose if I might ask? Because I haven't noticed this with ppl that has been vaccinated for a while. So far only with freshly vaccinated ones. They are probably generating spike proteins like there is no tomorrow.
That or she took her second jab recently and never told me. I told her these jabs are designed to separate the nous (eye of the soul in orthodox Christianity) from man. Maybe I’m use burned out... ???? I tend to align with @tankasnowgod when it comes to the shedding/spike protein stuff but what do I know really. I’m an idiot

she had her first jab in June I think...

Lilac

I wrote Ray after a long period of smell not coming back. He recommended shellfish. I ate a can of oysters or shrimp daily for about a week, then a bit less often, then once a week for the oysters and once a week for the shrimp. I took an occasional zinc supplement to fill in. My sense of smell improved a lot and faster with that advice.

Nine months in, though, my sense of smell is still not strong and some things register distorted. However, this week I noticed certain substances at least registering as a smell, though distorted, where I was getting nothing before. I am not without hope that I will get close to normal eventually.

Old Irenaeus

I wrote Ray after a long period of smell not coming back. He recommended shellfish. I ate a can of oysters or shrimp daily for about a week, then a bit less often, then once a week for the oysters and once a week for the shrimp. I took an occasional zinc supplement to fill in. My sense of smell improved a lot and faster with that advice.

Nine months in, though, my sense of smell is still not strong and some things register distorted. However, this week I noticed certain substances at least registering as a smell, though distorted, where I was getting nothing before. I am not without hope that I will get close to normal eventually.
I hadn't thought about it, but I've been eating a lot of shrimp the past couple of weeks, and that coincides with the disappearance of the metallic taste I had in my mouth/throat following recovery.

Motif

Maybe I should really just get the vaccine.
I just hear that no smell / taste ***t too often.

NodeCerebri

I did 500 mg of magnesium, 10-15 iu of D, and 3 drops of the blue. I redid the dose a couple hours later because the blue absorbed(which means the body utilized it all). Repeated the dose in the morning.
How do you get MB absorbed topically? No matter what I try (tried with DMSO and other stuff) my skin just can’t seem to absorb it. Not even in the very thin parts of my skin.

Izzybelle

This sounds counter to everything I've read about thyroid and vitamin A. Peat always makes sure to say hypothyroidism requires very little vitamin A without becoming toxic. For someone who has a very fast metabolism they can take more to prevent acne and things like that.
Yes, I agree he has talked about too much vitamin A interfering with thyroid functiion, but I think it is specific to the person. The last time I had my thyroid checked TSH was about 1.0, so not really hypothyroid (I know, could be lower but not that bad), yet still my temps were low. I lived in Palm Springs for several years and swam all of the time and was very tan, so I had plenty of Vitamin D. Then I stopped taking multivitamins with Vitamin A due to the excipients, and I don't like liver so I don't think I've been getting enough vitamin A. Maybe too much vitamin D vs vitamin A. Doesn't sunlight also increase the need for vitamin A? Then after COVID I started taking Vitamin D as I don't get that much sun especially in winter.but more now in summer. I can't find an exact quote from Peat, but he does feel that vitamin A is important or he wouldn't recommend liver. I think sufficient vitamin a is the key, and I'm pretty sure I was deficient. If you google some of the other literature out there, it does talk about vitamin a deficiency causing hypothyroidism.. All I can say is that once I started supplementing with Vitamin A my temps went up, I no longer have cold hands and feet, the hair under my underarms and on my legs and arms has started to grow back (I thought it was menopause) and I seem to need less progesterone. So I think it's a fine line and I think deficiency is the key. Maybe my thyroid is fine but it just wasn't working without the vitamin A. Too much would not be good, but for me this has been a positive thing. I think you have to experiment and adjust to your individual situation. Thanks for pointing that out because people shouldn't be mass dosing with vitamin A to get their thyroid up, it depends on the situation. I do remember distinctly though that in the beginning of COVID days someone asked him a question about increasing immunity and just off the top of his head he mentioned sufficient Vitamin A. Then later after thinking it through I guess he started mentioning Vitamin D more often. It's all a fine line and I'm just sharing my experience -- not to be taken as medical advice -- but 20k Ui is not a huge dose and if people don't see improvement then easy enough to discontinue. Peat himself has said that of course people should experiment and adjust to what works for them. It seemed to be the missing link for me, but I get your point.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Yes, I agree he has talked about too much vitamin A interfering with thyroid functiion, but I think it is specific to the person. The last time I had my thyroid checked TSH was about 1.0, so not really hypothyroid (I know, could be lower but not that bad), yet still my temps were low. I lived in Palm Springs for several years and swam all of the time and was very tan, so I had plenty of Vitamin D. Then I stopped taking multivitamins with Vitamin A due to the excipients, and I don't like liver so I don't think I've been getting enough vitamin A. Maybe too much vitamin D vs vitamin A. Doesn't sunlight also increase the need for vitamin A? Then after COVID I started taking Vitamin D as I don't get that much sun especially in winter.but more now in summer. I can't find an exact quote from Peat, but he does feel that vitamin A is important or he wouldn't recommend liver. I think sufficient vitamin a is the key, and I'm pretty sure I was deficient. If you google some of the other literature out there, it does talk about vitamin a deficiency causing hypothyroidism.. All I can say is that once I started supplementing with Vitamin A my temps went up, I no longer have cold hands and feet, the hair under my underarms and on my legs and arms has started to grow back (I thought it was menopause) and I seem to need less progesterone. So I think it's a fine line and I think deficiency is the key. Maybe my thyroid is fine but it just wasn't working without the vitamin A. Too much would not be good, but for me this has been a positive thing. I think you have to experiment and adjust to your individual situation. Thanks for pointing that out because people shouldn't be mass dosing with vitamin A to get their thyroid up, it depends on the situation. I do remember distinctly though that in the beginning of COVID days someone asked him a question about increasing immunity and just off the top of his head he mentioned sufficient Vitamin A. Then later after thinking it through I guess he started mentioning Vitamin D more often. It's all a fine line and I'm just sharing my experience -- not to be taken as medical advice -- but 20k Ui is not a huge dose and if people don't see improvement then easy enough to discontinue. Peat himself has said that of course people should experiment and adjust to what works for them. It seemed to be the missing link for me, but I get your point.
I'm glad it worked to help your thyroid function! I'm a little sensitive to vitamin A stuff because when I was doing quite a bit of supplementing and eating liver is when my health was the worst and I developed some kind of skin disorder that I'm still trying to figure out how to cure. I had extremely high temps and pulses for yrs during this time. I don't eat liver or supplement anymore and my temp is a steady 98.6 and pulse around 85. Basically what every Peatarian wants.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals