Exercise Increases Endotoxin Clearance By Increasing DHEA Levels

Capt Nirvana

"See, I knew my heart attack wasn't caused by exercise!" — Jim Fixx, autho of The Complete Book of Running :-D

Risingfire

Yeah it is, you could also try one of the other infinitely many ways to engage in physical activity. Instead of running on a treadmill and lifting things up and down for an hour.

Personally I've never understood the obsession some people have with big muscles to begin with. Most girls don't even want ripped dudes; at best some of them have a mild preference for it.
LOL! Most girls don't want a guy with muscles? I'm sure that's reality. Ray has repeatedly said high androgens are good for health

Most girls don't want a ripped guy who will cheat on them, as most women are happiest in a relationship where the man is less attractive.

You guys are really far from reality.

Risingfire

I think most people here that crashed from training is because they just trained wrong for too long. Lifting heavy is good but too much without some good periodization and overloading, deloading will make you stall and eventually crash.
If someone is unhealthy they should obviously not be lifting submaximal, but there is no need to not lift heavy. Maybe start by doing 5 reps with 10RM for 1 set 2-3 times per week and work up from there. Try explosive work with about 30-50% of your 1RM to stimulate androgen production and keeping cortisol at bay.
Concentric exercises such as uphill sprint can be awesome for improving health. It will improve mitochondrial function, quality, quantity, CO2 production, etc, etc, but you have to know how intense to sprint and when to stop.

I would also like to add that below 315 bench, 405 squat and 495 deadlift is pretty intermediate. Getting there should take 2-3 years. Crashing before then just shows a horrible program and/or terrible diet.

@Vinny, I gained 20kg (from 60kg to 80kg) of lean mass after 2 and a half years of training from following a somewhat ok program and having no idea what I was doing with diet. From what I know now I could have gained way more size and strength in that same time frame. Just saying that it is possible to gain that amount of muscle naturally.

I doubt most guys could reach these metrics within 3 full years of training.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I doubt most guys could reach these metrics within 3 full years of training.
If someone follows a solid program and proper nutrition I can't see why not. Most people just ain't consistent enough. During that time I gained that muscle I wasn't even obsessing about training or anything, I just worked out consistently. Like I mentioned, my nutrition was far from optimal and my training program could have been better. To say the least, I knew little about training back then lol.

RWilly

It may have to do with how we breath during exercise. Check out the Wim Hof method of breathing. Wim Hof allowed himself to be a human experiment and was injected with endotoxins. His method of breathing reduced the endotoxins in his body.

Joe Rogan interviewed him here:

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yeah that takes a lot f people or more like 5 years plus , maybe if you are like 6’2 those aren’t high
Usually when people use a bad training program and meal plan it will take them longer than it has to. Science shows that beginners can add 2lbs and more of lean mass per month naturally. Increase that number to 3-5 pounds for the first few months and reduce it to 1-2 pound for the later months, and after 2 years you'd be close to 50lbs (22.7kg). I only gained 20kg after 2 and a half years.

It may have to do with how we breath during exercise. Check out the Wim Hof method of breathing. Wim Hof allowed himself to be a human experiment and was injected with endotoxins. His method of breathing reduced the endotoxins in his body.

Joe Rogan interviewed him here:

They tested DHEA separately in vitro and it showed that it was the DHEA that had the effect. But in vivo there's probably a variety of mechanisms at play, including an increase in CO2 as you mentioned.

Risingfire

If someone follows a solid program and proper nutrition I can't see why not. Most people just ain't consistent enough. During that time I gained that muscle I wasn't even obsessing about training or anything, I just worked out consistently. Like I mentioned, my nutrition was far from optimal and my training program could have been better. To say the least, I knew little about training back then lol.
I consider myself stronger than a majority of men. After 15 years of lifting, I recently hit a 405PR on bench. I see many guys struggling to put up 225 and they're consistently in my gym. I'm going to stop to say 315 is outside their genetic ability but I'd assume 40-50% of the male population would need 5-8 years to reach that number. 20% could achieve that sooner and the remainder would take more years to reach that.
Usually when people use a bad training program and meal plan it will take them longer than it has to. Science shows that beginners can add 2lbs and more of lean mass per month naturally. Increase that number to 3-5 pounds for the first few months and reduce it to 1-2 pound for the later months, and after 2 years you'd be close to 50lbs (22.7kg). I only gained 20kg after 2 and a half years.

They tested DHEA separately in vitro and it showed that it was the DHEA that had the effect. But in vivo there's probably a variety of mechanisms at play, including an increase in CO2 as you mentioned.
Just like you, I gained about 40 pounds of muscle(over a longer stretch) but I think your build has a lot to do with that. That being said, I haven't gained much muscle in the last three years. There's a point of diminishing returns. You'll need help in the form of pharmaceuticals.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I see many guys struggling to put up 225 and they're consistently in my gym.
I stalled at 225lbs after my first two years because my programming was non-existent lol. But when I started doing proper programming/periodization my bench went up again. Went from 225 for 8 to 315 for a 1RM in 8 weeks. I also see a lot of guys who lift consistently yet make no gains. I think people fall into three main groups: 1. people who don't push themselves enough 2. people who push themselves too hard and 3. people who are just not consistent and/or disciplined enough. So yes, you're right about people requiring a certain amount of years with their lifts, but I still think most people can do a lot better if they just follow a better program. A personalized one is best in my opinion.

Just like you, I gained about 40 pounds of muscle(over a longer stretch) but I think your build has a lot to do with that. That being said, I haven't gained much muscle in the last three years. There's a point of diminishing returns. You'll need help in the form of pharmaceuticals.
Yes definitely, someone can gain a lot with beginner gains and then it usually always slows down after that. But if you're nutrition and training is on point it's totally possible to keep on making slow but steady gains, which you can always maintain and improve, because muscle maturity keeps on increasing with time which is awesome. So your muscles can keep on improving even though you're not gaining extra muscle mass (if your training and nutrition is on point).
I'm not sure what you mean with "your build". I'm 5'8" if that matters and I was really skinny when I started training at around 17. You can check out my story here if you like. My Story

redsun

I consider myself stronger than a majority of men. After 15 years of lifting, I recently hit a 405PR on bench. I see many guys struggling to put up 225 and they're consistently in my gym. I'm going to stop to say 315 is outside their genetic ability but I'd assume 40-50% of the male population would need 5-8 years to reach that number. 20% could achieve that sooner and the remainder would take more years to reach that.

I was also stuck at 225lbs for quite some time but this was because of life stresses, lack of consistent good sleep, and lack of proper foods which led to fatigue and issues being all in at the gym. This is before I came upon Peat's articles. Thats likely whats going on with these other people you see at the gym or something similar. Plain lack of motivation and discipline can also be the cause as well in some but this is less likely then you would think and this is largely due to the fact that average person has lower than normal dopamine levels and subsequently lack drive.

Your muscle building potential is much higher and your body will pack on muscle quite quickly if sleep is 100% every night and you eat consistent quality protein and quality food which includes plenty of carbs and some fats and adequate micronutrient(notice adequate, optimal micros would help even more).

On the other hand, you have the clueless guys that build muscle and strength up to a certain point and quickly spiral down or plateau because they rely on protein powders to build muscle tissue, which only works so long until your micronutrient levels reach critically low levels. Can't make meat(muscle mass) out of nothing, and relying majorly on powders is near equivalent to trying to build muscle out of nothing.

BigChad

I was also stuck at 225lbs for quite some time but this was because of life stresses, lack of consistent good sleep, and lack of proper foods which led to fatigue and issues being all in at the gym. This is before I came upon Peat's articles. Thats likely whats going on with these other people you see at the gym or something similar. Plain lack of motivation and discipline can also be the cause as well in some but this is less likely then you would think and this is largely due to the fact that average person has lower than normal dopamine levels and subsequently lack drive.

Your muscle building potential is much higher and your body will pack on muscle quite quickly if sleep is 100% every night and you eat consistent quality protein and quality food which includes plenty of carbs and some fats and adequate micronutrient(notice adequate, optimal micros would help even more).

On the other hand, you have the clueless guys that build muscle and strength up to a certain point and quickly spiral down or plateau because they rely on protein powders to build muscle tissue, which only works so long until your micronutrient levels reach critically low levels. Can't make meat(muscle mass) out of nothing, and relying majorly on powders is near equivalent to trying to build muscle out of nothing.

Why dont you like the whey powders? They have saturated fat, cholesterol, calcium, phosphate, some magnesium. Its basically milk with casein cut out, fat carbs lowered drastically.

Worrisome thing with shakes is potential iodine content of 470mcg per 100g. You could be getting lots of iodine with protein powder

redsun

Why dont you like the whey powders? They have saturated fat, cholesterol, calcium, phosphate, some magnesium. Its basically milk with casein cut out, fat carbs lowered drastically.

Worrisome thing with shakes is potential iodine content of 470mcg per 100g. You could be getting lots of iodine with protein powder

As I explained in the last paragraph, protein powders lack micronutrients. And when it comes to protein synthesis, micros are vital to maximize growth. B6, B12, and Folate especially as well as minerals like zinc and iron. Those are the big ones but all are vital and its much better to rely on whole foods for protein that way you get the whole package of nutrients.

That being said, 30g of protein from a shake wouldnt be bad assuming the diet is adequate in micronutrients, it gets problematic when there is an overreliance on protein quantity of quality. Protein powders and lean chicken breast is the stereotypical bodybuilder protein sources and both of these are poor in nutrients. Chicken is high in some Bs but low in others like B12 and low in important minerals. Beef, eggs, organs, seafood, milk fill these gaps a lot better while providing quality protein and not too mentioned will give you much better overall health.

lampofred

Whey is also disproportionately high in tryptophan.

Just got back in the gym today for the first time in 6 months. It feels good to be back although I could barely breathe.

BigChad

As I explained in the last paragraph, protein powders lack micronutrients. And when it comes to protein synthesis, micros are vital to maximize growth. B6, B12, and Folate especially as well as minerals like zinc and iron. Those are the big ones but all are vital and its much better to rely on whole foods for protein that way you get the whole package of nutrients.

That being said, 30g of protein from a shake wouldnt be bad assuming the diet is adequate in micronutrients, it gets problematic when there is an overreliance on protein quantity of quality. Protein powders and lean chicken breast is the stereotypical bodybuilder protein sources and both of these are poor in nutrients. Chicken is high in some Bs but low in others like B12 and low in important minerals. Beef, eggs, organs, seafood, milk fill these gaps a lot better while providing quality protein and not too mentioned will give you much better overall health.

Which micronutrients do protein powders lack compared to milk specifically? They don't list the b12 or other bs on the label, but from my understand they are still in there. The general mineral composition of whey powder seems comparable to milk. Maybe skim milk. There are a lot of other issues with whey like processing, sweeteners, flavors.

Also, is folic acid fine, the synthetic form. Or does it need to be dietary folate or methylfolate?

Dom Selleck

Why must we limit ourselves to exercising once a day? Instead of going hard in one setting, why don’t we split it into two to three sessions a day? Three sessions might not be achievable considering how busy most people are these days with their full time jobs. But wouldn’t it be more effective?

redsun

Which micronutrients do protein powders lack compared to milk specifically? They don't list the b12 or other bs on the label, but from my understand they are still in there. The general mineral composition of whey powder seems comparable to milk. Maybe skim milk. There are a lot of other issues with whey like processing, sweeteners, flavors.

Also, is folic acid fine, the synthetic form. Or does it need to be dietary folate or methylfolate?

I think if possible active forms are always better to get. And no Im pretty sure processing into powders severely reduces nutrient content, you can see this yourself if you go on cronometer and look at whey powders. And as lampofred said, for whey powder the tryptophan content is enormous.

BigChad

I think if possible active forms are always better to get. And no Im pretty sure processing into powders severely reduces nutrient content, you can see this yourself if you go on cronometer and look at whey powders. And as lampofred said, for whey powder the tryptophan content is enormous.

How much tryptophan would be the limit if consuming 200+g protein overall per day? Also are beef, seafood, organs low in tryptophan

Aad

LOL! Most girls don't want a guy with muscles? I'm sure that's reality. Ray has repeatedly said high androgens are good for health

You guys are really far from reality.

A good, well toned, athletic male body will make any woman very moist. I've experienced it myself. Took up fitness/bodybuilding in october 2007 and by may 2008 I already obtained a fit and toned body. That spring I also participated in Les Mills classes and literally EVERY woman from 18-68 wanted to stand next to me, made eye contact, smiled at me etc etc when we waited for the class outside to begin. This rarely happened to me before I started to lift weights. I also conquered tons of phone numbers from these women. Wide shoulders, narrow hips (lose that belly!), broad chest, big biceps, strong legs/calves. Aim for this and they can even smell that you are fit from a 1000 yards away and they want your body. It's crazy how simplistic, yet how sophisticated their brain works. Women are bloody awesome, especially if you understand what they WANT.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals