Exercise And Endotoxin

sunraiser

It has to be a habit, you must have noticed this. Lack of energy is a good justification to spend the least that you can and it can be tempting to sacrifice physical activity in such state, but I have the impression that as an exception it's worth ignoring instincts and moving anyway, because the less you demand from the body, the clearer the signal that it can afford the torpor.

The intuition side of things can be challenging here.

There are times when I don't feel acutely like exercising but I have the energy for it, and those times I feel hugely positive for doing it. Other times I have felt completely depleted and in those states I often end up worse off. I'm finding very small amounts of vitamin D (along with varied diet that includes vit A and K from food) keeps me in a state to always have energy. Just 1kiu or 2k every othet day. I completely stopped exercising when I ****88 my sleep and health from lifting / running and feared exercise for such a long time after that. Added to a period of forced eating and probably prolonged vit d deficiency I absolutely ruined my liver health. Exercise when in the above state is the only thing that is truly helping. Liver flushes had some positive impact also but I think they can bring about problems of their own.

Walking, unless on my feet for a good chunk of the day, doesn't cut it for me. It also feels aimless after a while.

I think lymph stimulation is key when it comes to shorter exercise. Personally I find I enjoy sprints (not all out though) some slower runs, then "bouncing" type stuff at home like star jumps or spot running or general stuff along those lines maybe with some goblet squats mixed in.

Resolving insulin resistance is key as if you're tanking your thyroid every tine you eat through poor insulin response then you're going to have poor digestion and endotoxin, especially with the most insulin provoking foods.

Amazoniac

The intuition side of things can be challenging here.

There are times when I don't feel acutely like exercising but I have the energy for it, and those times I feel hugely positive for doing it. Other times I have felt completely depleted and in those states I often end up worse off. I'm finding very small amounts of vitamin D (along with varied diet that includes vit A and K from food) keeps me in a state to always have energy. Just 1kiu or 2k every othet day. I completely stopped exercising when I ****88 my sleep and health from lifting / running and feared exercise for such a long time after that. Added to a period of forced eating and probably prolonged vit d deficiency I absolutely ruined my liver health. Exercise when in the above state is the only thing that is truly helping. Liver flushes had some positive impact also but I think they can bring about problems of their own.

Walking, unless on my feet for a good chunk of the day, doesn't cut it for me. It also feels aimless after a while.

I think lymph stimulation is key when it comes to shorter exercise. Personally I find I enjoy sprints (not all out though) some slower runs, then "bouncing" type stuff at home like star jumps or spot running or general stuff along those lines maybe with some goblet squats mixed in.

Resolving insulin resistance is key as if you're tanking your thyroid every tine you eat through poor insulin response then you're going to have poor digestion and endotoxin, especially with the most insulin provoking foods.
Just to clarify, I meant walking or other activity that won't stress the body further.

Regarding lymph, I find #2 here somewhat deprecating and there's no reason to do such thing if the person can sprint.

Mufasa

I think that anything that moves the attention from thinking/worrying to feeling/perceiving/experiencing will have a positive impact if it is not too stressful.

Owen B

I sound like a broken record on this, but it's danger ahead if one is justifying intense exercise by the "runner's high" and all the associated talk of endorphin effects.

The release of endorphins - I think they are enkephalins - with intense exercise is a sign that your organism has essentially given up on the viability of energy expenditure and has gone into a massive energetic freeze in a last ditch attempt to conserve.

Every MD knows the danger of prescribing too much morphine: it massively retards oxidative metabolism and can stop the heart.

Very underreported by media: numerous cases of heart attacks in long distance runners.

The guy who started the jogging craze - in the 70's? - Jim Fixx died of a heart attack. A well-known MD in Pittsburgh named Servan-Schreiber died of a heart attack. He had recently published a trendy, alternative, life-style health book which had the obligatory chapter on the benefits of running.Freeze for action: neurobiological mechanisms in animal and human freezing

Check out the references to "heart rate deceleration".

sunraiser

There's a massive gap between running to the point of endorphin release and just "jogging" though. This dogmatic all or nothing thinking is so damaging.

If you're able to make yourself sweat then you're going to do yourself favours for the inherent toxicity that comes along with hypothyroidism (namely unbound copper), and if you're able to move enough each day to help with insulin sensitivty whether it's through some degree of muscle glycogen depletion or through stablising blood glucose levels then you'll be lowering inflammation from the foods you eat, improving digestion and therefore lowering endotoxin. Lowered inflammation = better thryoid health.

It's fully important to highlight the flaws in the health and fitness world and the "no pain no gain approach" that gets so many people sick, but at the same time just because there are dangers in the extremes doesn't mean there's no middle ground.

One of the hardest but most important lessons I've learnt in life is that there's always a middle path or a golden mean, but it often takes life experience to learn it. I find people in states of poor metabolism (me included) are far more attracted to dogmatism and are hypersensitive to small negative feedback from their bodies and it's a dangerous path to stagnation.

That constant inner desire to assign blame to an outside variable (the food we ate, the exercise we did) and label them as inherently bad can be something that imprisons us. Our bodies are doing their thing - sometimes we have to feel bad and it's transient. The more you fall into fear and away from intuition the harder it is to heal.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Listen to your body! No matter what you are doing. It can help prevent injury and sickness.

I have a friend dieing from a 4 yr long battle with cancer after a gangrene appendicitis. She developed it while training for marathons. She had pain on her right side that she didn't take seriously enough. It is amazing she is even alive right now. Almost all of her intestines are removed and the tumor is growing again. She is in a massive amount of pain. But the dr's still haven't declared her condition terminal so she keeps fighting. I can barely read her posts it's so devestating.

Pay attention to pain when training!!

brainfog

I think one reason for this is that exercise tend to decrease constipation. So sh***ing more = less endotoxin = better health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals