PUFA And Sugar/Starch

A couple different areas of interest regarding the effect of PUFA and sugar on the body.

1) I understand that PUFA plays a role in mitochondrial uncoupling inhibition; however is there any research on the role of PUFA inhibiting pyruvate oxidation? Could PUFAs be inhibiting pyruvate from entering the mitochondria, be sucking up oxygen in the cytosol creating an increased anaerobic environment, and thus be exacerbating lactic acid (instead of Acetyl CoA) production?

2) I notice that when I don't perform high intensity exercise or resistance training, and eat a bunch of sugar (or starch for that matter), my gut is turned upside down. It seems glucose is either being properly absorbed in the small intestine; or it is being left as food for microbes only to be converted into LPS (endotoxin). Muscle contraction produces an insulin-independent movement of glucose across Glut4 transporters. Is this mechanism possibly driving the beneficial effects for me? Some people can eat sugar like no tomorrow and get great metabolic effects, however I don't, unless I exercise. There are some interesting obesity studies relating to endotoxins. Maybe they all relate to this.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals