Exercise Increases Endotoxin Clearance By Increasing DHEA Levels

milkboi

Well you posted twice when I tagged you once, and also you are the only one throwing insults. Also you don't get the Kyle joke it's a meme

I think you are making this debate more personal than it needs to be man. There are different opinions than yours on this topic, deal with it...

ShotTrue

I think you are making this debate more personal than it needs to be man. There are different opinions than yours on this topic, deal with it...
Just lazy babies. Here I am with the health to lift 4 days a week while you can’t exercise at all?
I wonder whose advice we should take, soymilkboi

Vinny

I have lifted for years and grew about 100 lbs heavier in 6 years, that's without fat
Would you be so kind to post some before/after photos of you, showing - gradually - how you achieved those 100 lbs in 6 years, without fat, and assuming you were not on the juice, of course?

ShotTrue

Would you be so kind to post some before/after photos of you, showing - gradually - how you achieved those 100 lbs in 6 years, without fat, and assuming you were not on the juice, of course?
I'm not going to post photos on the internet good sir, but maybe later.
Also I've been in poor health the past year or 2, so I'm not an amazing specimen at the moment but generally you can achieve 10lbs of muscle a year naturally, I happened to look anorexic at 100lbs at 5'6 and now I am about 210 at 5'10

Vinny

I'm not going to post photos on the internet good sir, but maybe later.
Ok.
You have the right not posting your photos, I have the right to not believe your claims too, good sir.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think most people here that crashed from training is because they just trained wrong for too long. Lifting heavy is good but too much without some good periodization and overloading, deloading will make you stall and eventually crash.
If someone is unhealthy they should obviously not be lifting submaximal, but there is no need to not lift heavy. Maybe start by doing 5 reps with 10RM for 1 set 2-3 times per week and work up from there. Try explosive work with about 30-50% of your 1RM to stimulate androgen production and keeping cortisol at bay.
Concentric exercises such as uphill sprint can be awesome for improving health. It will improve mitochondrial function, quality, quantity, CO2 production, etc, etc, but you have to know how intense to sprint and when to stop.

I would also like to add that below 315 bench, 405 squat and 495 deadlift is pretty intermediate. Getting there should take 2-3 years. Crashing before then just shows a horrible program and/or terrible diet.

@Vinny, I gained 20kg (from 60kg to 80kg) of lean mass after 2 and a half years of training from following a somewhat ok program and having no idea what I was doing with diet. From what I know now I could have gained way more size and strength in that same time frame. Just saying that it is possible to gain that amount of muscle naturally.

opson123

The ''I'm right, you're wrong'' mentality on rpf really takes the joy of reading many of the threads here. It's even worse than reddit.

The ''I'm right, you're wrong'' mentality on rpf really takes the joy of reading many of the threads here. It's even worse than reddit.
At least on the rpf people think before believing stupid mainstream ideas. Can't say the same about reddit though

Just lazy babies. Here I am with the health to lift 4 days a week while you can’t exercise at all?
I wonder whose advice we should take, soymilkboi
Your attitude reminds me of my parents'. Belittling other people's feelings and contexts and insulting them when they don't agree with you the way you think they would. It's not a good look. Maybe you have more adrenaline than you think.

shine

Your attitude reminds me of my parents'. Belittling other people's feelings and contexts and insulting them when they don't agree with you the way you think they would. It's not a good look. Maybe you have more adrenaline than you think.

Do you even lift brah XD

just kidding, much love!

Luke

I feel my best when I'm in good shape. If I were honest with myself, holding back on my fitness (as my understanding of RP the last 3 years led me to do) has resulted in a net negative result in overall health. Other factors involved of course (new parent, deaths of loved ones, new jobs, back in education, numpty in self administering t3/t4).

I live in a notoriously flat County in England so there are no hills to run up- an alternative is tabata burpees seem like an effective RPesque way to lower body fat. Concentric movements and 1 tabata cycle is only 4 minutes. I've seen people stand under a pull up bar and do burpees jumping into a pull up for a quick total body workout. Mostly concentric movements.

Standing ab wheel roll outs are 50% eccentric but one of my favourite core exercises. I don't know why I should be avoiding this tbh.

In sports its common to hear the loser say 'I just ran out of gas' as opposed to 'I wish I could've bench an extra 10kg then I would've won'. So for me conditioning takes slightly more priority.

Personal history: won national titles in 2 sports, 8 caps for ENG in one. Brother an olympian. Have Crohn's. Haven't competed competitively in 10 years though.

Last edited:

Vinny

@Vinny, I gained 20kg (from 60kg to 80kg) of lean mass after 2 and a half years of training from following a somewhat ok program and having no idea what I was doing with diet. From what I know now I could have gained way more size and strength in that same time frame. Just saying that it is possible to gain that amount of muscle naturally.
Dear Hans,
You`are a very knowledgeable and balanced man, and your presence in the forum is beyond any value. Thank you for kindly reminding me that I`m here not to contradict someone`s views but to find relief for my suffering.

Cirion

I think most people here that crashed from training is because they just trained wrong for too long. Lifting heavy is good but too much without some good periodization and overloading, deloading will make you stall and eventually crash.
If someone is unhealthy they should obviously not be lifting submaximal, but there is no need to not lift heavy. Maybe start by doing 5 reps with 10RM for 1 set 2-3 times per week and work up from there. Try explosive work with about 30-50% of your 1RM to stimulate androgen production and keeping cortisol at bay.
Concentric exercises such as uphill sprint can be awesome for improving health. It will improve mitochondrial function, quality, quantity, CO2 production, etc, etc, but you have to know how intense to sprint and when to stop.

I would also like to add that below 315 bench, 405 squat and 495 deadlift is pretty intermediate. Getting there should take 2-3 years. Crashing before then just shows a horrible program and/or terrible diet.

Interesting thought about just 1 set. Yeah, I pretty much agree. Like I said before, it takes very little to stimulate your optimal testosterone/cortisol ratio from lifting, especially when you're hypothyroid.

brainfog

According to studies you can increase DHEA with meditation or yoga too. I guess DHEA will normalize if stress goes down..

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
According to studies you can increase DHEA with meditation or yoga too. I guess DHEA will normalize if stress goes down..
Yes, most adaptogens such as ashwagandha and Rhelora most likely only increase DHEA indirectly because it lowers cortisol. You can also directly boost DHEA production with cAMP promotors, thyroid and necessary vitamins and minerals.
29 Ways to boost DHEA production

But you can just skip the hassle and just supplement DHEA directly in small amounts.

Mufasa

I do weight lifting every other day:

* lifting weights (mostly my own weight) for less than a minute
* take a break for at least 90 seconds
* repeat this 5 times

I feel only benefits if I exercise like this. This takes me 10-15 minutes only. Mostly I do pushups, as I can do it everywhere whenever I feel like it.