Effects of oats on leaky gut in preventing endotoxemia and ameliorated liver damage - Studies

Candeias

Peat mentioned the consumption of oats this year, which was unexpected for a lot of people here, here are two interesting studies.

Preventing gut leakiness by oats supplementation ameliorates alcohol-induced liver damage in rats

"Alcohol caused gut leakiness that was associated with both endotoxemia and liver injury. Oats prevented these changes."

Inhibitory effects of taurine and oat fiber on intestinal endotoxin release in rats

"We conclude that the combination of taurine and oat fiber achieved an additive inhibitory effect on intestinal endotoxin release, which might be an effective approach for the treatment of intestinal endotoxemia."

youngsinatra

Cooked oatmeal solved my chronic diarrhea roughly a year ago.

It definitely binds up problematic stuff like toxic bile and endotoxins.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Recently I started eating oats daily and it increased my BMs from 1/d to 2-3 / d

I do find it odd though, that oats would reduce endotoxin. I though starch and fiber, especially soluble fiber, increases endotoxin.

Perry Staltic

Recently I started eating oats daily and it increased my BMs from 1/d to 2-3 / d

I do find it odd though, that oats would reduce endotoxin. I though starch and fiber, especially soluble fiber, increases endotoxin.

If LPS get flushed out in poop instead of leaking into the body then there are no worries. Starch and fiber promote butyrate production which makes for a healthy, non-leaky gut.

Inaut

If LPS get flushed out in poop instead of leaking into the body then there are no worries. Starch and fiber promote butyrate production which makes for a healthy, non-leaky gut.
Makes sense to me. I eat sprouted oats and find it helps to really regulate bowel movements. 3 per day usually when eating them.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Good point.
I find it interesting that fruit fiber doesn't have the same effect on my BM frequency.

Logan-

Don’t you care about persorption, phythic acid, prolamines, gluten cross-reactivity, increase in endotoxin and inflammation etc. with oat/starch consumption?

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

Don’t you care about persorption, phythic acid, prolamines, gluten cross-reactivity, increase in endotoxin and inflammation etc. with oat/starch consumption?

I worry about glyphosate contamination of oats, so I only buy organic

Elie

Forum Supporter
I personally feel good on it.
I have it for breakfast with coffee and sometimes orange and both have counteract bacterial proliferation and endotoxin.

I share the same concerns about glyphosate and buy organic too.

Perry Staltic

How do you prepare/make oats to eat?

I just get the quick organic oats at Aldi. Open pouch, pour in pot, add water, bring to boil until water gone (takes about 1-2 mins), done. I used to buy whole rolled oats at food co-ops and that would take about 15-20 mins preparing same way.

Kyle970

What is usually if you react badly(intestinal swelling) to all oats, bran, etc? No matter the prep. Gluten, candida, allergy or all? Get the same reaction with things like cascara.

Santosh

What is usually if you react badly(intestinal swelling) to all oats, bran, etc? No matter the prep. Gluten, candida, allergy or all? Get the same reaction with things like cascara.

Potentially candida.

Start performing ACV enemas and see if you see candida upon release.

Logan-

I just get the quick organic oats at Aldi. Open pouch, pour in pot, add water, bring to boil until water gone (takes about 1-2 mins), done. I used to buy whole rolled oats at food co-ops and that would take about 15-20 mins preparing same way.
Thanks for the recipe, I may try this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals