Eating Oranges Instead Of Drinking OJ

Muppet

I was wondering if it is okay to eat oranges instead of drinking OJ. I don't like the taste or how processed it is. And is coconut water a good alternative?

J

j.

Strained orange juice is easier on the gut for some people. If you're not one of them, it's probably a good food.

jyb

It seems good for some people to avoid fibre other than specific fibre such as carrot - you'll find a lot of information on this forum about all this. However, the main advantage I see is that you're not getting much out of eating a few oranges. I mean from juice you're getting the nutrients out of many many oranges. Even with juicy oranges, you need quite a lot of orange to make just 1-2 litres. By eating just a few whole oranges you're not getting much in comparison - plus with all the fibre, maybe you're displacing other nutrients. Also juice is a quick fix: its easy to pour yourself some cups over the day. Keeping fuelled continually throughout the day, at least so as to not being hungry, is key.

Note that if you don't like commercial OJ, you could make 1-2 litres of juice once every day, to be consumed over the following day. It takes me 15-30mins to produce 1-2L of juice and strain it. That's nothing, considering now I don't need to cook much nor spend ages at the store wasting time thinking about what "diversified" green vegetables I should be eating.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals