Excess Orange Juice Possible?

J

j.

Let's say you consume orange juice, because you really like it, not forcing yourself, but you end up drinking like 4 liters.

Could that give you excess potassium? I guess your body will somehow tell you that by diminishing your appetite for OJ. If so, what would be a good source of sugar to use instead? Cola Cola?

Kasper

I'm wondering as well. I love orange juice, could drink 2-3L of OJ daily, but for some reason I feel like it is not that good for me.
I've been trying around with different sugar sources (sugar water/coca cola/orange juice/grape juice).

And it seems my body reacts better on sugar water or coca cola than on fruit ...

jyb

A few times, I prepared coffee by boiling ground coffee in boiling water (aka Greek Coffee), and then filtering, using a *huge* amount of coffee. I got runny stools. Nothing noticeable until I went to the restroom. I wondered if its wasn't caused by excess mineral like potassium or magnesium.

dukez07

For me personally, I have noticed that dropping OJ altogether and replacing it with ACTUAL oranges has done my body the world of good. Unfortunately, peeling them is a pain in the ****, and not as easy to use as a big carton of OJ (which slides down the gullet , and saves you so much time). Raw fruit is amazing.

dukez07

jyb said:
A few times, I prepared coffee by boiling ground coffee in boiling water (aka Greek Coffee), and then filtering, using a *huge* amount of coffee. I got runny stools. Nothing noticeable until I went to the restroom. I wondered if its wasn't caused by excess mineral like potassium or magnesium.

Is coffee really THAT high in magnesium and potasium? I guess if it really was a huge amount of coffee, these minerals might have been sufficient? But, in terms of its nutritional profile, it really doesn't look 'all that' on cronometer. It's got significant amounts of B2 and B5, but it's not even that high in niacin (which is what I have read it's high in?). Unless Peat knows something else that I've missed? (like his analysis of potato protein).

Ben

I drank about 4-5 liters per day for almost a whole year. I easily get gut reactions to certain brands, but I never get a reaction to the brands I buy. One would think I'd lose my appetite for it after so much consumption, but in fact I didn't lose it at all. Drinking that much increased my bodyfat a little, but that's to be expected with minimizing stress hormones using sugar. My stools were never runny, unless I drank the juice too fast, in that case I had diarrhea.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals