Does Progesterone Suppress Testosterone

Kunstruct

@ecstatichamster
Believing that your testosterone is in certain range does not mean you are correct even if it all works well for you, just saying.
I know someone with around 350ng/dl testtoterone, lots of muscles, no issues, well that does not fit the normal testosterone levels which so many are happy to have, yet these people have issues.
I know someone else pretty big and very strong with no issues, he assumed his test is very high, yet it wasn't when he tested it.

Kingpinguin

Im pretty sure that progesterone is anabolic and anti estrogenic. Just because it lowers testosterone doesnt mean its not anabolic or partly androgenic. Try supplementing testosterone, nandrolone or even DHEA in high enough doses and you will get supressed levels of testosterone production. Thats what happens when you add STEROIDS to your body. Progesterone just like all other anabolic hormones is still a steroid and in high enough doses it causes supression because of feedback. Not because its an anti androgen. Sure testosterone supplementation doesnt lower testosterone? Of course not you are supplying it exogeniously. But your endogenious T levels will go to zero. Huh? I thought testosterone was anabolic? Why would it supress my natural T? Yeah it still is anabolic its just called feedback supression.... think everyone here gets my point. Progesterone is anabolic to the body and maybe less androgenic than T and DHT. So just because you observ lower T while using it doesnt mean its not anabolic. And usual high T symptoms of good sex drive might get supressed. Why? Not because of progesterone anti anabolism. Rather because the body lowers the net testosterone and DHT levels because that void is now being filled by a less androgenic steroid. Progesterone. Steroids have different properties. Some are more anabolic, some are more androgenic. I believe progesterone is quite anabolic but not as androgenic as T and big brother DHT. So excess progesterone sorta takes over the party leaving DHTs libido powers to go away. Just like @ecstatichamster said. Thats why you combine it with DHEA. DHEA can directly convert to DHT in tissues. So addint in DHEA can balance out the party. Thats what haidut has always said about men using progesterone. Use it with DHEA. Still @Kunstruct you try to point fingers even though these people selling it dont recommend high doses solo. Also follow the link below and you see that these people have shown studies.

you cant measure testosterone levels as a marker for anabolic/androgenic effects if your trying to measure the effects of an steroid. Its like injecting nandrolone and saying its anti anabolic/androgenic coz it lowered my T levels lol. You have to look at the substance affinity for the androgen receptors. And progesterone do bind to them

The Anabolic Effects Of Progesterone

Last edited:
OP
H

Hairlosssucks

Im pretty sure that progesterone is anabolic and anti estrogenic. Just because it lowers testosterone doesnt mean its not anabolic or partly androgenic. Try supplementing testosterone, nandrolone or even DHEA in high enough doses and you will get supressed levels of testosterone production. Thats what happens when you add STEROIDS to your body. Progesterone just like all other anabolic hormones is still a steroid and in high enough doses it causes supression because of feedback. Not because its an anti androgen. Sure testosterone supplementation doesnt lower testosterone? Of course not you are supplying it exogeniously. But your endogenious T levels will go to zero. Huh? I thought testosterone was anabolic? Why would it supress my natural T? Yeah it still is anabolic its just called feedback supression.... think everyone here gets my point. Progesterone is anabolic to the body and maybe less androgenic than T and DHT. So just because you observ lower T while using it doesnt mean its not anabolic. And usual high T symptoms of good sex drive might get supressed. Why? Not because of progesterone anti anabolism. Rather because the body lowers the net testosterone and DHT levels because that void is now being filled by a less androgenic steroid. Progesterone. Steroids have different properties. Some are more anabolic, some are more androgenic. I believe progesterone is quite anabolic but not as androgenic as T and big brother DHT. So excess progesterone sorta takes over the party leaving DHTs libido powers to go away. Just like @ecstatichamster said. Thats why you combine it with DHEA. DHEA can directly convert to DHT in tissues. So addint in DHEA can balance out the party. Thats what haidut has always said about men using progesterone. Use it with DHEA. Still @Kunstruct you try to point fingers even though these people selling it dont recommend high doses solo. Also follow the link below and you see that these people have shown studies.

you cant measure testosterone levels as a marker for anabolic/androgenic effects if your trying to measure the effects of an steroid. Its like injecting nandrolone and saying its anti anabolic/androgenic coz it lowered my T levels lol. You have to look at the substance affinity for the androgen receptors. And progesterone do bind to them

The Anabolic Effects Of Progesterone
Do you think it’s suppressive enough that you would need a serm or pct after use?

Constatine

Serum progesterone levels don't seem to vary much from men to women and men even synthesize progesterone in the testes. Thus it can't really be seen as a "female" hormone and is obviously fundamental to male reproductive health. I think small doses can be beneficial in many cases, large doses of progesterone for males is not a good idea IMO. Here is an interesting paper on progesterone in males: http://www.hormonebalance.org/images/documents/Oettel 04 Progesterone MEN AM_1313008091.pdf

Someone noticed their testosterone increased 20% from 2 drops of progest-E daily after 4 weeks (bolds mine):
I have been on it now for coming up to 2 yrs this spring. I am still on my first bottle (ray peats stuff). I use 2 drops per day = 6mg. I have used 3 drops before, but that is as far as i have pushed it. I think too much for me can create too much cortisol. Still not sure on that one though.

When i first started on ProgestE i had bloods done about 4 weeks later. I also had bloods done 3 months prior to starting the ProgestE, so i had some good before and after results. I am a thyroid patient and this is the area which was key for me. My TSH became unsuppressed for the first time in years since i went onto thyroid meds. So TSH from 0.01 to .04. This is a big deal to me and showed the progesterone was helping the thyroid be absorbed better by the body.

The other thing i noted was testosterone jumped 20% odd from 18 to 22 nmol/l. So progesterone in a small dose boosted testosterone.

My penis used to get numb also but that has gone away. Now I took it with no problems. I don’t do a lot of blood tests because that I don’t believe in them. I can just tell by my own sexual life and how I feel and how fast my beard grows and symptoms like that. I can tell you that my testosterone is at least 1000 now. It was about 900 before. And it is as high as it’s ever been and I’ve been taking about 20 mg of progesterone in about 5 mg of DHEA.

I don’t do a lot of blood test because I don’t believe in them. I can just tell by my own sexual life and how I feel and how fast my beard grows and symptoms like that. I can tell you that my testosterone is at least 1000 now. It was about 900 before.

And it is as high as it’s ever been and I’ve been taking about 20 mg of progesterone and about 5 mg of DHEA. My beard grows really really fast, faster than it ever has before. I also feel extremely confident. And sex is incredible and I have a good libido but not a crazy horny one that is uncomfortable. I am also taking a little bit of exemestane and metergoline and quite a bit of T3.
Which T3 are you using? I’ve been thinking about trying thyroid currently using just Energin

Cameron

3mg Progeste with 1mg dhea would probably be worth a try for most. And maybe not everyday but just during stress.

Kunstruct

pQWhDcx.png

What are the grey dots supposed to mean, and why they agglomerate in that area starting from 40s to 80s?
That the participants are most age of 40yr to 80yr?

HHB

The key thing to understand is that these hormones and supplements certainly effect people in different ways in different doses depending on their current state. The key is to identify what is said to be a minimum effective dose, and to eventually identify what is the highest possible dose that is still safe...in my experience the higher the estrogen burden you have, the more androgenic progesterone supplementation is. The only way you will know is to take it and see what effects you feel, you can be safe knowing that it can be taken in very high doses without having permanent detrimental effects - for example i have taken a full bottle of progestene and a full bottle of progest e (both topically) and experience an increase in libido, desire to exercise and my muscles contract better. i have also noticed the effects are different between topical and oral supplementation.

i would venture to say that progesterone is safer for males (less of a negative effect on androgens) the fatter and more stressed you are. I don't think it would be beneficial for someone who is very lean - DHEA / preg would be more beneficial.

Kunstruct

Serum progesterone levels don't seem to vary much from men to women and men even synthesize progesterone in the testes. Thus it can't really be seen as a "female" hormone and is obviously fundamental to male reproductive health. I think small doses can be beneficial in many cases, large doses of progesterone for males is not a good idea IMO. Here is an interesting paper on progesterone in males: http://www.hormonebalance.org/images/documents/Oettel 04 Progesterone MEN AM_1313008091.pdf

"Is progesterone the forgotten hormone in men?

To answer this question, we have three possibilities to explain the physiological role of this steroid in male gender:
(1) Progesterone is a physiologically unimportant by-product in steroidogenesis;
(2) The expression and the function of the progesterone receptors are only the result of the action of estrogens;
(3) Progesterone plays a specific physiological and pathophysiological role in men with smart possibilities for new therapeutic approaches.

Progesterone – the forgotten hormone in men? This title is not quite correct for a publication at the beginning of the 21st century. We have to wait for the future with new pharmacological and clinical results, hopefully."

Anders86

This is probably 6 months of daily supplementation 100mg Progesterone and Pregnenolone. These kind of pictures is corny but at least you can see that your muscles don`t shrivel away. Neither does your penis.. 20200205_172855.jpg

Kunstruct

This is probably 6 months of daily supplementation 100mg Progesterone and Pregnenolone. These kind of pictures is corny but at least you can see that your muscles don`t shrivel away. Neither does your penis.. 20200205_172855.jpg

How did you feel initially wen you started with 100mg of Progesterone and 100mg of Pregnenolone per day?

Anders86

How did you feel initially wen you started with 100mg of Progesterone and 100mg of Pregnenolone per day?

Really good, its my favorite supplement(Progesterone). You become much more aware of now and you see the world with new eyes constantly. I do 30mgx3 and I look forward to every time. I have started to combine it with a egg yolk or two and find it increases the benefits. The only times I feel bad these days are if I unbalance tryptophan or get endotoxin issues.

laleto12

Really good, its my favorite supplement(Progesterone). You become much more aware of now and you see the world with new eyes constantly. I do 30mgx3 and I look forward to every time. I have started to combine it with a egg yolk or two and find it increases the benefits. The only times I feel bad these days are if I unbalance tryptophan or get endotoxin issues.
endotoxin issues are really pain in the a**. cant find a solution really

Anders86

endotoxin issues are really pain in the a**. cant find a solution really

That`s so true. Balancing tryptophan with collagen, antiserotonin drugs, avoiding starches, getting the right amount of saturated fatty acids, avoiding stress, increasing Co2, carrots, bamboo and Cascara all seem to help. But my gut is a vulnerable b**ch.

Kunstruct

"Despite the use of progestogens to inhibit gonadotropin secretion in male contraceptive studies for several decades, surprisingly few studies have directly investigated the effects of these drugs in men
(Heller CG, Laidlaw WM, Harvey HT, Nelson WO 1958 Effects of progestational compounds on the reproductive processes of the human male.)"

"An inhibitory effect of progesterone in castrated rams has recently been demonstrated when given with a low dose of testosterone, whereas progesterone given alone was ineffective."

"Progesterone and synthetic gestagens suppress the concentrations of FSH and LH, although the role, if any, of progesterone in the physiological regulation of gonadotropin secretion in men is unknown. Because spermatogenesis is dependent on gonadotropins, an obvious contraceptive approach is suppression with exogenous steroids."

Male Contraception

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals